Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #856
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Before I post my 'Ohana dinner review I have a quick real life update to share.

I shared last week that we were spending time with our youngest son and his wife before he is deployed to Afghanistan in December. We had some great family time and I wanted to share a photo of me with all 4 of my kids (a rare occassion!)

The day he left to go back to Texas, I had a business trip to Las Vegas. (Seriously, it was business even if I had a ton of fun and parties to attend!)

Since this is a DR, here's a few of the dishes that were amazing. The photos are not great since I didn't use the flash. (I didn't especially want to draw attention to the fact that I was photographing my food - rather like my own dirty little secret!)

Braised Short Ribs with Polenta and cabbage at Table 10 at the Palazzo (An Emeril Lagasse restaurant):

Chicken with a soy sauce glaze and mushroom risotto at Sensi at the Bellagio:

Banana Foster Belgian Waffle at Bellagio Cafe:

View from the Ghost Bar on the 55th Floor of the Palms Hotel:

Hyde Club at Bellagio:

View of Bellagio "Lake" from Hyde Club:

Cute family. You look way too young to have 4 children.
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #857
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Hi Brenda! Just getting caught up on some of my DR reading and I have to say "Bravo" for a fun, insightful and wonderfully written report!! I thoroughly enjoyed reading all your reviews and thank you so much for all the time and care you put into writing them. How exciting to have another "girls only" trip planned, it will be here before you know it! Your dining line-up sounds awesome and I can't wait to read what you and Em think about Jiko and BOG.

I hope you and your family enjoyed a joyous holiday season and all the best to you and yours in 2013!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - In Progress
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
MrsB1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 11:52 PM   #858
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Well, hopefully I can get to my BOG review before your trip- but I assure you that WE LOVED BOG!!!! It was wonderful and honestly, I don't think there is a bad seat in the house!

I wish that I could join you and Emmy!
Awww.. Christen it would be fun to have you along on our girl trip.
So glad to hear that BOG had a positive review from you and your family!! I don't think we'll be disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
Cute family. You look way too young to have 4 children.
Thanks so much! You are so sweet!! Uh huh, I will admit, I have a kid turning 30 years old in a couple months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
Hi Brenda! Just getting caught up on some of my DR reading and I have to say "Bravo" for a fun, insightful and wonderfully written report!! I thoroughly enjoyed reading all your reviews and thank you so much for all the time and care you put into writing them. How exciting to have another "girls only" trip planned, it will be here before you know it! Your dining line-up sounds awesome and I can't wait to read what you and Em think about Jiko and BOG.

I hope you and your family enjoyed a joyous holiday season and all the best to you and yours in 2013!
Hi Carol! Thank you for the kind greetings! I'm definitely looking forward to Jiko and BoG!

I really need to get caught up with everyone's DR/TRs - including yours!
emmysmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #859
freesone
DIS Veteran

Hi Brenda,

Excellent dining review!!! Thanks for letting me be a part of it(Kona Cafe) and being included in your Dismeets!!

Neal

Podcast Cruise 3.0
WL-2010,2011,2012,2013
POFQ-2002,2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009, AKL 2003, Disney Cruise 2006
POLY-NOV 2007
Beach Club-2000,Yacht Club2001,
freesone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:15 AM   #860
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freesone View Post
Hi Brenda,

Excellent dining review!!! Thanks for letting me be a part of it(Kona Cafe) and being included in your Dismeets!!

Neal
Hi Neal! Thank you for introducing yourself. That was awesome!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:19 AM   #861
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

For anyone interested in our upcoming girl trip and all the dining details... Em has decided to do a PDR. She will share all the details and the plans in her PDR. Here's the link!

Last edited by emmysmommy; 01-22-2013 at 01:26 AM.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #862
livsmom04
DIS Veteran

Just read about your trip to Via Napoli and I'm excited that we're eating there this June. We changed our ADR from Ohana to Via Napoli because of all the changes they did to menu at Ohana this year. I'm actually afraid to eat dinner there because of the things that I'm allergic to. Not really wanting to go to the ER while on vacation due to a food reaction. But now I'm even more excited to eat at via napoli!

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-Pop Century, 4/12 -Pop Century, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 ASM

TR IN Progress-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: Updated 4/7 Dinner at Via Napoli!
livsmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:42 AM   #863
bkb91
Earning My Ears

This was a great and insightful read. (:

Ill be going to a few of these places in about two weeks and it's definitely nice to see other peoples perception.

March 2011 ~ Off Property
August 2011-January 2012 CP ~ VISTA WAY
November 2011 ~ All Star Music
November 2012 ~ Off Property
August 2013 ~ All Star Music
UP NEXT: September 2014 ~ Pop Century
bkb91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: