Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #1711
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

This guy is kind of camouflaged. It’s hard to see his head looking over the top of the branch. I thought it was pretty cool though.

Of course it’s not a safari without a little bit of giraffe butt.

Ah the elephants. I could’ve gotten some great shots of them…..if I didn’t have people in the row in front of me!

I had taken one right before this next one that would’ve been AWESOME…except the picture has major blockage and came out with a big blur in the middle of it. That blur would be my traveling companion’s camera lens.

How cute is this? They were pushing the baby up.

2 little guys playing.

Another shot that could’ve been awesome….but you can see even with cropping I couldn’t get all of the other person out of it.

The Lioness. This picture actually isn’t too bad looking. If you saw the original you would be amazed I got this. I had Claire’s head and my neighbors head in about 2/3’s of the picture and I cropped it way down and hoped it would be something worth saving, and it actually looks decent.

The ostriches had to check out the truck.

Just lazing around….taking a rest.

What you looking at?

After the safari we ran into a photopass photographer on the exit out. We stopped and got a few fun shots.

We are supposed to be pointing and looking at a wild animal in the distance. Do we look convincing?

And another wild animal.

jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #1712
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

You got some great safari pictures! I've never seen the elephants so active and playing!
Too bad you got elbows and heads in the way. Kind of like that photo bomb guy that jumped in front of a couple during a proposal in front of the castle. Did you see the pic? I so would have hurt him!

And the giraffes, ours were hiding for the most part. I did catch a funny ostrich picture though.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #1713
mrsmalato
Earning My Ears

fantastic

Love the pictures!! Where did you get you're cool Mickey t?
Old 07-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #1714
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
You got some great safari pictures! I've never seen the elephants so active and playing!
Too bad you got elbows and heads in the way. Kind of like that photo bomb guy that jumped in front of a couple during a proposal in front of the castle. Did you see the pic? I so would have hurt him!

And the giraffes, ours were hiding for the most part. I did catch a funny ostrich picture though.
I did love seeing the elephants at play. it was really neat.
I did not see that picture. I would've been VERY mad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmalato View Post
Love the pictures!! Where did you get you're cool Mickey t?
Thanks. I got that shirt a the Disney store about a year ago.
recently they have been clearing out a lot of shirts there and I got several for the price range of $5 -$9 . Now I need a trip to wear them.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #1715
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

I did love seeing the elephants at play. it was really neat.
I did not see that picture. I would've been VERY mad!
http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity...photobomb.html
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #1716
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

You did a very good job at salvaging those Safari pictures!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #1717
KatMark
DIS Veteran

You just really had terrible bus mojo this trip, didn't you?

Fun picture on EE.

I'm sorry about your problems at Tusker House. When we went there last year, they gave us our ticket and didn't even tell us to go see Donald; all they said is you will be called when your table is ready. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it; we loved it and are going again next month.

Great safari and photopass pictures.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #1718
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I absolutely love your safari photos. They are amazing. I do love this last wild animal.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:53 PM   #1719
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I do so love the Safari, which is why we are doing the Sunrise Safari this Sept. your pictures turned out well considering all the the problems

I don't like strange foods either, DH will eat just about anything. I could find a few things to eat, but it wouldn't be worth it to me.

Great pictures as always.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:55 PM   #1720
Beth D
DIS Veteran

That TH meal sounds just irritating! I'd be telling them how to do it better, LOL!

Love Claire's chipmunk shirt! Too cute!

All your lion pics are getting me psyched for Saturday. We are taking DM and DS up to Cleveland for the Lion King musical! Hakuna Matata!

If my DH had done that on our anniversary he'd still be out in the barn! Forget the house!
Old 07-25-2013, 11:57 PM   #1721
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

All caught up again, Jen!
(It seems like "caught up" is going to be a theme here )

Let me tell you, even though you had to crop your pics, you got some REALLY great ones!
I have never seen a PP photographer at the end of the safari. How cool!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:47 AM   #1722
MEK
DIS Veteran

I didn't know there was actually a PP photographer at the end of the Safari. Very cute shot of the two of you.

Speaking for cute shots - Those pictures of Claire at Tusker House are really adorable. Love her outfit (but which of her outfits don't I love? ).

I hear ya on the wait for TH. It always looks like such a disaster. I've only eaten there once, years ago, and it was the same. They seriously need to fix that.

Seeing your Safari pictures this morning is a great pick-me-up before work. Lovely.

Oh - and I forgot to comment on this last time, but my arm always hurts too after TSM. Maybe we need to start working out our arms before we go there? I'm glad I'm not the only one.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:56 AM   #1723
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
That is too funny...but the dummy writing about says Disney"land". dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
You did a very good job at salvaging those Safari pictures!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
You just really had terrible bus mojo this trip, didn't you?

Fun picture on EE.

I'm sorry about your problems at Tusker House. When we went there last year, they gave us our ticket and didn't even tell us to go see Donald; all they said is you will be called when your table is ready. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it; we loved it and are going again next month.

Great safari and photopass pictures.
This was the worst trip with the buses for us. Usually we are pretty lucky.
Yeah TH was not a hit with us...but we may forget about that in the future and try it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I absolutely love your safari photos. They are amazing. I do love this last wild animal.

Corinna
I bet you do. That was a fun spot. Everyone walked by the girl and I saw here and quickly stopped and she took her time with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I do so love the Safari, which is why we are doing the Sunrise Safari this Sept. your pictures turned out well considering all the the problems

I don't like strange foods either, DH will eat just about anything. I could find a few things to eat, but it wouldn't be worth it to me.

Great pictures as always.
I am so jealous. I would love to do that someday. Is that the one you have to stay a concierge for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
That TH meal sounds just irritating! I'd be telling them how to do it better, LOL!

Love Claire's chipmunk shirt! Too cute!

All your lion pics are getting me psyched for Saturday. We are taking DM and DS up to Cleveland for the Lion King musical! Hakuna Matata!

If my DH had done that on our anniversary he'd still be out in the barn! Forget the house!
They are lucky I didn't tell them how to do it.
My sister is heading for the zoo in Columbus today. Not quote the same. LOL
And Claire and I are going to the Toledo zoo on Tuesday to see Big Time Rush. I am not so excited, but she is thrilled.
I always tell Skip he is lucky he married me because a lot of wives would've kicked him out the door by now. I grew up with a farmer dad, so I kind of get it....still trying to right the wrongs, but I guess I am used to it. And now I just go if he won't come along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
All caught up again, Jen!
(It seems like "caught up" is going to be a theme here )

Let me tell you, even though you had to crop your pics, you got some REALLY great ones!
I have never seen a PP photographer at the end of the safari. How cool!
I know the feeling. I have not been reading much lately. I am trying to get this one done, so I work on it a bit in the morning...do some real work and then walk away from the boards mostly. Just have so much else going on...and at times I get burned out.

I have seen a few pictures from that area before, but I personally have never seen a photographer there so I was exicted to get a few taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I didn't know there was actually a PP photographer at the end of the Safari. Very cute shot of the two of you.

Speaking for cute shots - Those pictures of Claire at Tusker House are really adorable. Love her outfit (but which of her outfits don't I love? ).

I hear ya on the wait for TH. It always looks like such a disaster. I've only eaten there once, years ago, and it was the same. They seriously need to fix that.

Seeing your Safari pictures this morning is a great pick-me-up before work. Lovely.

Oh - and I forgot to comment on this last time, but my arm always hurts too after TSM. Maybe we need to start working out our arms before we go there? I'm glad I'm not the only one.
I don't think they set up there often, but I have seen other pictures there before.

I need to do some heavy weight lifting to get in shape for TSM!
Old 07-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #1724
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Great Safari pictures!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: