Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2013, 07:37 AM   #256
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

I understand wanting to have your plans but I don't think you really have a deadline for excursions. We booked our animal encounter two weeks prior to sailing and our parents bought the Blue Lagoon the night before Blue Lagoon on board. Some sell out but there is always something great to do.

No need to panic.
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:29 PM   #257
Mahusky
West of Boston and East of Nowhere

Great thread..... Ill keep reading Im year away from the Fantasy.
Mahusky is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2013, 11:38 PM   #258
Jenna45
DIS Veteran

I was really looking forward to booking the full day snorkel/beach on St. John after reading everyone's reviews, however I booked my cruise last week and it leaves in 3 weeks so it was sold out... For those of you who have done it, or similar things , is there anything close that we may enjoy as much... The only other option I am seeing is the afternoon beach bash tour...

Thinking of booking Bernards for ST Marten after all the positives here.

Jenna45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:42 PM   #259
alagille
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna45 View Post
I was really looking forward to booking the full day snorkel/beach on St. John after reading everyone's reviews, however I booked my cruise last week and it leaves in 3 weeks so it was sold out... For those of you who have done it, or similar things , is there anything close that we may enjoy as much... The only other option I am seeing is the afternoon beach bash tour...

Thinking of booking Bernards for ST Marten after all the positives here.
We are doing the private randomwind.com st Maarten sailing, snorkeling trip. It also has some good reviews.
alagille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:34 AM   #260
ej119
Earning My Ears

Just discovered this thread and I love it! My Eastern Caribbean Fantasy cruise is still a million years away, but this is making me really excited.

I saw one post mentioning San Juan port adventures and interested to hear more -- but is San Juan more of a 2014 destination?

Also, any recommendations of particularly good port adventures for two adults without kids? I've been to Castaway Cay so I'm familiar with what's there, but I'm particularly interested in knowing more about the St. Maarten (and San Juan) area.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:46 AM   #261
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej119 View Post
Just discovered this thread and I love it! My Eastern Caribbean Fantasy cruise is still a million years away, but this is making me really excited.

I saw one post mentioning San Juan port adventures and interested to hear more -- but is San Juan more of a 2014 destination?

Also, any recommendations of particularly good port adventures for two adults without kids? I've been to Castaway Cay so I'm familiar with what's there, but I'm particularly interested in knowing more about the St. Maarten (and San Juan) area.
I'm gong to St Maarten on our 11/30 Fantasy cruise. A group from our meet thread is using Bernard's tours. Have heard nothing but rave reviews of there tours! http://www.bernardstours.com/

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:08 AM   #262
shreddermom
Earning My Ears

Just got back from the Fantasy Eastern 2 weeks ago. On St. Martin we did the tour with Captain Bob of Soualiga Destinations. There were other families from the Fantasy on it as well. Great time and great tour with snorkeling a true adventure. On St. Thomas we did the Disney excursion Full Day Sail and Snorkel. While it was fun, there were so many people and other boats that it really seemed like a cattle boat. While we were at Honeymoon Beach on Water Island, the Kon Tiki barge arrived and really spoiled the atmosphere. I think it is better to do excursions on your own so you don't have the crowded cattle call feeling. Castaway Cay, just get off the ship early and choose the best lounger, get snorkel gear and a raft and enjoy the day. Try to find out when the bar starts the 2 for 1 specials.
shreddermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #263
diznefan76
Mouseketeer

Great thread!!...Subbing so I can get ideas for my Fantasy cruise next year!

diznefan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #264
charwac1
Mouseketeer

Question Looking for private boating tour in St. Thomas

Hello all,

We are going in June of 2014 and there are enough of us so that I think a private boat is a good option. We have between 10-15 people with ages as low as 5 up to 55. We want to snorkel and hang out at the beach. Can anyone recommend a tour company that might be able to help us?

Thanks - Charlene
charwac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:59 AM   #265
3Adevas
Mouseketeer

Officially 42 days from our Fantasy Eatern cruise:banana
We have done CC twice so we have it down pat! Interested in hearing recommends for St Mrtn and really want to do St John from St Thomas... Will be traveling w DS who is 4. Any advice is appreciated
Old 10-19-2013, 02:01 AM   #266
3Adevas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Adevas
Officially 42 days from our Fantasy Eatern cruise:banana
We have done CC twice so we have it down pat! Interested in hearing recommends for St Mrtn and really want to do St John from St Thomas... Will be traveling w DS who is 4. Any advice is appreciated
Oh and we prefer to book w outings on our own vs DCL excursions
Old 10-19-2013, 07:43 AM   #267
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Adevas View Post
Oh and we prefer to book w outings on our own vs DCL excursions
Hey fellow cruiser! We are doing Bernard's Tour #2 in St. Martin and we are DCL coral World in St. Thomas. Can't wait to meet you!

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #268
alagille
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charwac1 View Post
Hello all, We are going in June of 2014 and there are enough of us so that I think a private boat is a good option. We have between 10-15 people with ages as low as 5 up to 55. We want to snorkel and hang out at the beach. Can anyone recommend a tour company that might be able to help us? Thanks - Charlene
Try www.randomwind.com as Diane has a sailboat with up to 16-18 passenger capacity. we had 3 other families with us but if you have 15, she might just do a private charter. We had a lovely time and the kids got to play on the beach, adults hanging out with noodles or snorkel in the water. check out her website and email her. (She really does answer back!)
alagille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:53 AM   #269
3Adevas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet

Hey fellow cruiser! We are doing Bernard's Tour #2 in St. Martin and we are DCL coral World in St. Thomas. Can't wait to meet you!
Hello! We are thinking about Bernard's. thinking we r heading to St John when docked in st Thomas. See y'all real soon :banana
Old 10-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #270
Paige Dixon
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE="charwac1;49319314"]Hello all, We are going in June of 2014 and there are enough of us so that I think a private boat is a good option. We have between 10-15 people with ages as low as 5 up to 55. We want to snorkel and hang out at the beach. Can anyone recommend a tour company that might be able to help us? Thanks - Charlene[/QUOTE

If you are looking for a charter in St. Thomas, I would recommend Good Day Charters. We could not have asked for a better day. We had 11 in our group ranging from 4-45. Captain Stan owns the boat, know all of the places to snorkel. The places we went, we were the only boat there. Pulled right up on a beach for us to have lunch at a great outdoor bar. Took us to a spot where the kids could walk onto the island to see hermit crabs and the little ones loved it while the older kids could snorkel. Check their reviews on Trip Advisor. Every review is a 5 with great feedback. Will book again our next trip there.
Paige Dixon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: