Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #31
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

The fridge and the freezer worked very well!

Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #32
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Dining area or bedroom!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #33
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Bedroom

Old 07-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #34
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Bedroom and bath

Last edited by Southern Bell; 07-24-2013 at 08:12 PM. Reason: We moved one of the nightstands in the dining area for suitcase
Old 07-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #35
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

It is a queen size bed

Old 07-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #36
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Bath off of bedroom

Old 07-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #37
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

Wow! Thank you so much for the pictures! Sure looks like plenty of room for quite a bit. We have a couple of people with some back issues. As a matter of fact, my DS is having a rough time right now. I do worry about the firmness, etc... of the beds. I am going to share your pictures with the rest of my family and see what they all think! Thanks so much again for sharing!!!

tinkerbell615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #38
nugov2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I would guess that you and your husband would take the bedroom? As long as the rest of them know they will be sleeping in the same space, sharing the same tv, and are fine sleeping on fold outs, it is do-able.

My hesitations are, what if the kids need a nap? What if one of the kids has a restless night? What if someone wakes up extra early? Due to the way the rooms are set up, they won't even be able to make a cup of coffee without waking the others in the room. The only place to go to walk or sooth a child without waking the others would be outside.

Only your family can decide how much togetherness is ok and how much is too much.
I would really think about that...for some it is great, but for others not a good idea. Everyone has different needs/want and sometimes what sounds great in theory, really isn't. With that many I would think at least a two bdrm so that everyone can rest well and be ready to enjoy the parks. Kids are tired and need extra rest. I see it posted over and over that a room is just a place to lay your head, but I think it is a very important part of the trip. If you aren't comfortable and actually resting you aren't going to be able to enjoy the trip as well.
nugov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #39
tkbbmom
Mouseketeer

We had friends that just went to AOA w/ 4 adults and a teenager and a 10 yo.. while they loved the resort and the room the adults of the group (parents and adult dd/sil) said next time they would go w/ two rooms at POP or POR instead because the Table bed and sofa bed were not very comfortable for adults or older kiddos. Also, you might want to price it out -- we thought we would try AOA but w/ our PIN it was actually cheaper to do two POR rooms.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:12 PM   #40
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell615 View Post
Wow! Thank you so much for the pictures! Sure looks like plenty of room for quite a bit. We have a couple of people with some back issues. As a matter of fact, my DS is having a rough time right now. I do worry about the firmness, etc... of the beds. I am going to share your pictures with the rest of my family and see what they all think! Thanks so much again for sharing!!!
I don't think the bed in the bedroom or the table is going to sleep any worse than the beds in the little mermaid rooms. In fact to my surprise I thought the mattress on the table was better than the one in the bedroom or our beds at Pop or All Star resorts. It was the best and used the least! LOL! Which was crazy I guess! LOL! If someone is having back issues I would think the sofa bed would give them more trouble because it is very firm. We had a piece of foam on our bed in the camper that we could have rolled up and took but didn't. That would have helped.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #41
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Old 07-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #42
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

We had choice of several rooms! Took 1st floor overlooking pool!

Last edited by Southern Bell; 07-24-2013 at 09:32 PM. Reason: On the end of mater building close to parking
Old 07-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #43
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Old 07-24-2013, 09:50 PM   #44
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Bell View Post
Awww... how cute!

Thanks again to everyone for your thoughts, and thanks to Southern Bell for the great pictures!

tinkerbell615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #45
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

For those staying in suites!

For those who may want to stay in the suites and want to pack lighter than I did! LOL! I did not need to take plates, cups(cold or hot), bowls, plastic silverware, paper towels. I read that but thought I may run out! LOL! They kept it stocked everyday and gave me more when asked. I did not need a hair dryer. One was in each bathroom. I also had plenty of soap, shampoo and towels. They also had a coffee pot, and supplied coffee & tea. They did not have a knife or dish washing liquid, that I did take! LOL!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: