Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #11
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Ok- sorry I had to run out, we are in the process of squeezing every doctor/dentist appointment imaginable in in between baseball FINALLY ending and our vacation coming up in 20 DAYS!!!!!!! Tyler is having his wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow- a dear friend who is an oral surgeon is doing it down in Maryland. We are actually going home with the surgeon and sleeping at his house afterwards- how incredible is THAT?

So...back to Pirate night....

Our servers, as I think I have mentioned, were really wonderful this cruise. Francisco was our Asst Server, and he was so sweet and charming, as I am sure you can tell by all of his smiling photos-

We were ordering dessert, and he had brought a crayon trick for us- well, he brought it for the one remaining boy at the table, but, we all played with it, of course! For my dessert, I was having Banana-Chocolate Crepe - with mango coulis and coconut- it was on the sugar free menu, and whenever I have seen it on the DIS I have thought it looked interesting-

And it was....interesting! Really it was fine, but there was something i did not love about the cold crepe. Next, SOMEONE got a hat-

Then those of us who were left had a pirate pic- AAAARRRGGGHHHH!

I like that photo alot- all very nice peeps in the pic with me! More pirate pics-

He was a really sweet young man. And one more with us wenches-

We had a really nice time at dinner that night!

Anyway- we parted ways, but there was still some time to kill before the Pirate Party. So I went to

Pink to hang with some girlies. The usual suspects from the night before, and their entourage of officers. One of whom said, "Didn't I leave you three here in the same seats last night?" Yup. That's right Mr. Officer Cocktail or whatever- we never left- spent the whole day in Pink! Alex was once again making magical champagne cocktails, so tonight I tried an Elderbubble- which was St Germain and champagne. And which did not suck. Then it was probably time for the fireworks, so up on deck I went...

And if I thought it was cold at Pirate Party 1, well, I had seen nothin yet! It was positively FRIGID for Pirate Party 2! SOOOOO windy- shiver me timbers! Yea, I am very clear on the appropriate use of THAT particular term! I found a spot, kind of in a corner, to watch a little of the show-

And lo and behold, right as the fireworks were about to begin, i was joined by Timmy, Avery, and every other crazy boy from Vibe! How funny is that? A whole ship full and timmy and his friends end up standing right with me for the show. Magic!

The fireworks were really good. Ya know what was even better? Seeing Timmy, running with his Cruise -pack, smiling ear to ear- he was so happy hangin with those kids in Vibe, he was having the time of his life.

Oh- and for what it's worth- all those boys in tshirts and shorts? They were all very clear on the true meaning of "Shiver me Timbers" too!

Last edited by podsnel; 07-24-2013 at 08:49 PM.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: