Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
patman2011
Mouseketeer

Question about checking into resort hotel

I am figuring there is no way I will be able to do this but wanted to ask the community here to see if anyone has tried this. We will be going to POFQ for a Christmas vacation. Our actually days at the resort are Dec. 15-22nd but we will be arriving on the 14th to Orlando and staying at a regular hotel until the next day. We are wanting to hit the ground running on the 15th and were wondering if there was a way we could actually check into POFQ on the 14th and get our KTTW to get us into the park at rope drop but they not actually be activated until the 15th which would be our first day. I just don't want to have to get up really early on the 15th and try and check in and still make it to rope drop that morning. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

patman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:02 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Unfortunately you can't check-in to POR on the 14th. However, you can pick up your park tickets on the 14th. Please see post #15 of the below Ticket Stickey.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

Or you can get up early and check-in on the 15th anytime after 6AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:06 PM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by patman2011 View Post
I am figuring there is no way I will be able to do this but wanted to ask the community here to see if anyone has tried this. We will be going to POFQ for a Christmas vacation. Our actually days at the resort are Dec. 15-22nd but we will be arriving on the 14th to Orlando and staying at a regular hotel until the next day. We are wanting to hit the ground running on the 15th and were wondering if there was a way we could actually check into POFQ on the 14th and get our KTTW to get us into the park at rope drop but they not actually be activated until the 15th which would be our first day. I just don't want to have to get up really early on the 15th and try and check in and still make it to rope drop that morning. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

There is no way to check in at POFQ on the 14th if your reservation doesn't start until the 15th. You can check in as early as 6 a.m. on the 15th as that's when the computers roll over, but there's no way to check in before that time. With that said, if all you need is your park tickets, you can go to any park's guest relations and request early ticket pick up, up to 3 days prior to the start of a package. If you have the DDP, you won't be able to access that until you officially check in at POFQ, but if the DDP isn't needed, you can get your tickets early and check into the resort later in the day to get your KTTW cards.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: