Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 06:29 AM   #76
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting
 
JKSWonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,631

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorge2512 View Post
We will be on the Fantasy August 16 and wanted to be a part of the FE groups. Do you have to physically join a group or just bring goodies and your fish extender?
We will have three children with us on the cruise (8, 6, and 3 years )

Thanks for any help,

Tina Lorge
Hi!

Usually someone on a meet thread like this will start keeping a list of who wants to do the FE. A cut off date for sign up is given some point closer to the cruise, so that people have enough time to get their gifts together and know exactly how many they need. You will then have a list of cabins participating and those are the cabins you deliver your gifts to. The person organizing the FE also will usually arrange away to find out about last minute cabin changes or assignments, such as a dry erase board on their cabin door listing any changes.
__________________
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #77
4redheads
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 63

Smile Add us to the Roll Call!

Hello, we are excited to finally join the group. We also transferred dummy reservations and got our rooms on opening day. This will be our third Disney cruise. We were on the Dream a few years back, way too short of a cruise, and did the Fantasy about the same time in 2012. We loved our rooms so much we got them again. The front of the ship, where the round windows are, have 'free' space in the rooms due to the angle of the wall. We found it perfect to put a bed on the floor there. It was a special place to be since you can look up and see the stars. Mom and Dad liked it as it meant we had a parents room and a children's room!

Yes, definitely love to have a Fish Extender group again this time. Since it doesn't look like there is one started I'll volunteer for the early bird group. If you are interested PM me and I will start a list. Aura of Foreboding- please add me as a FE group contact.

Mom- Susan, Dad- Jim
Gretchen 15 (how did that happen so fast?!)
Walter 13
Heidi 11
Marcie 9 (babies do grow up)

You will recognize them as the kids all have red hair.
And no Mom and Dad don't (neither do the grandparents- it goes way back on both sides). We know how the first conversation goes!

Anyone else taking the train to get there?
4redheads is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #78
mcolivieri98
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 12

Looking for teens to Hangout with

Hi, I'm Marina (I posted about a month ago) and I'm currently looking for teens to hangout with during the cruise. I'll be 16 and this will be my 3rd disney cruise

Last edited by mcolivieri98; 07-19-2013 at 03:06 PM.
mcolivieri98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:07 PM   #79
4redheads
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcolivieri98 View Post
Hi, I'm Marina (I posted about a month ago) and I'm currently looking for teens to hangout with during the cruise. I'll be 16 and this will be my 3rd disney cruise
Hello,
Please pm me so my DD, will be 15, can connect with you from her iPod touch. I can't figure out how to start a pm from the mobile. My DD loves to try everything!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
4redheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:58 PM   #80
mcolivieri98
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 12

Hi! I can't PM people yet, but I am a member of the group on facebook so we can message back and forth, (link is on page 5, can't post links yet either). I can also give you my email if you don't have access to facebook.
mcolivieri98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #81
mcolivieri98
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 12

Hi! I can't PM people yet, but I am a member of the group on facebook so we can message back and forth, (link is on page 5, can't post links yet either). I can also give you my email if you don't have access to facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4redheads View Post
Hello,
Please pm me so my DD, will be 15, can connect with you from her iPod touch. I can't figure out how to start a pm from the mobile. My DD loves to try everything!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
mcolivieri98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #82
4redheads
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 63

We have plenty of time. I'm not on the Facebook group. Won't take long until you can post!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
4redheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #83
lisalou123
Earning My Ears
 
lisalou123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Harpers Ferry, WV
Posts: 1

Vacation Booked!!!

Well....our first cruise is officially booked. Thanks to my parents and my brother....we have decided to join them on this cruise next summer. That said, we are surprising our twins at Christmas with this gift...I know they will be excited!

Seeing as I have thalassophobia and my husband is claustrophobic this is a really big deal for us....but we are doing this.

This is our first cruise so I'm not sure what all we need to do...but we booked a category 4D room and are on Deck 6. In our room there are four of us.

We are: Kevin, Lisa, Adelia and Scott (13)

(You'll know us when you see us...my husband will be the green one hanging out on the veranda and I will be the one curled up in a ball under the table far away from windows!!! ....seriously though, I will definitely remember my happy pills for this vacation!)

Any suggestions anyone has on what we need to do i'm all ears. I know I want to do the FE...just not sure how to get signed up on that.

I look forward to getting to know you all and to make this experience great one.
__________________
Our Family: Kevin, Lisa, Adelia(13), and Scott (13)


Last edited by lisalou123; 08-13-2013 at 02:30 PM.
lisalou123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #84
CTdaizy
disney dreamin
 
CTdaizy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 75

Welcome! You will love the cruise. We went for the first time last summer, had no idea what we would think/feel.. And we booked another. The good news is that the kids will be so busy, you won't have to worry about them while dealing with your phobia 😃

My son Nicholas, will be 13 on the cruise also, while daughter Alexandra, will be (in her terms) 11.6, so they will be looking for friends.

There's a FB group started for the cruise, if you want to join.
__________________
CTdaizy
CTdaizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #85
thumpery
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 257

Welcome!

Welcome lisalou123! For a first cruise, you couldn't have picked a better one! Any questions just ask away!
thumpery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #86
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting
 
JKSWonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,631

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodDisney View Post
For everyone who just joined, welcome! Above is the link to the Facebook page for the FE.
__________________
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #87
Disneyrus
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 76

I want to join this thread -

The Casaceli family will be on this cruise. It is our 4th Disney cruise.

Chuck (52), Cindy (51), Nichole (21), Allison (17), Kimberly (15)
We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary!

Very excited!
__________________
&

8/18/10 Disney Magic in the Med
9/08 WDW Visit
9/07 7 Day Cruise on RCCL
12/06 4 Day Cruise on the Wonder / Bahamas
12/05 First Cruise ever on Disney Magic! Western Caribbean 7 Day
Disneyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:02 AM   #88
Aura of Foreboding
Mouseketeer
 
Aura of Foreboding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4redheads View Post
Hello, we are excited to finally join the group. We also transferred dummy reservations and got our rooms on opening day. This will be our third Disney cruise. We were on the Dream a few years back, way too short of a cruise, and did the Fantasy about the same time in 2012. We loved our rooms so much we got them again. The front of the ship, where the round windows are, have 'free' space in the rooms due to the angle of the wall. We found it perfect to put a bed on the floor there. It was a special place to be since you can look up and see the stars. Mom and Dad liked it as it meant we had a parents room and a children's room!

Yes, definitely love to have a Fish Extender group again this time. Since it doesn't look like there is one started I'll volunteer for the early bird group. If you are interested PM me and I will start a list. Aura of Foreboding- please add me as a FE group contact.

Mom- Susan, Dad- Jim
Gretchen 15 (how did that happen so fast?!)
Walter 13
Heidi 11
Marcie 9 (babies do grow up)

You will recognize them as the kids all have red hair.
And no Mom and Dad don't (neither do the grandparents- it goes way back on both sides). We know how the first conversation goes!

Anyone else taking the train to get there?
Welcome! Petra (Wood Disney on this thread) has started a FE list on the Facebook group - you might want to get in touch with her.

We picked a couple of oddly shaped rooms as well - I figure it's more bang for the buck!
__________________
Our family of Disney nuts: Me (28) , T (29) , A (2)
WDW - 1996 (off-site), 2009 (ASM), 2012 (ASM)
DL - 2005 (honeymoon), 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013
DCL - 2012 (4-night Bahamian on the Dream)

In the works:
January 17-20th, 2014 - Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon(solo) ~ * ~ * ~ August 16th, 2014 - Disney Fantasy



Aura of Foreboding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:04 AM   #89
Aura of Foreboding
Mouseketeer
 
Aura of Foreboding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyrus View Post
I want to join this thread -

The Casaceli family will be on this cruise. It is our 4th Disney cruise.

Chuck (52), Cindy (51), Nichole (21), Allison (17), Kimberly (15)
We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary!

Very excited!
Welcome! I've added you to the roll call.

25 years - that's fantastic! We will be celebrating (a belated) 9th anniversary on the ship with a meal at Palo. We always put off our anniversary until we are at Disney - it's a tradition!
__________________
Our family of Disney nuts: Me (28) , T (29) , A (2)
WDW - 1996 (off-site), 2009 (ASM), 2012 (ASM)
DL - 2005 (honeymoon), 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013
DCL - 2012 (4-night Bahamian on the Dream)

In the works:
January 17-20th, 2014 - Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon(solo) ~ * ~ * ~ August 16th, 2014 - Disney Fantasy



Aura of Foreboding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #90
Aura of Foreboding
Mouseketeer
 
Aura of Foreboding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalou123 View Post
Well....our first cruise is officially booked. Thanks to my parents and my brother....we have decided to join them on this cruise next summer. That said, we are surprising our twins at Christmas with this gift...I know they will be excited!

Seeing as I have thalassophobia and my husband is claustrophobic this is a really big deal for us....but we are doing this.

This is our first cruise so I'm not sure what all we need to do...but we booked a category 4D room and are on Deck 6. In our room there are four of us.

We are: Kevin, Lisa, Adelia and Scott (13)

(You'll know us when you see us...my husband will be the green one hanging out on the veranda and I will be the one curled up in a ball under the table far away from windows!!! ....seriously though, I will definitely remember my happy pills for this vacation!)

Any suggestions anyone has on what we need to do i'm all ears. I know I want to do the FE...just not sure how to get signed up on that.

I look forward to getting to know you all and to make this experience great one.
Welcome! That will be an awesome Christmas surprise - enough time for them to find out what they want to do, but not quite such an agonizing wait. We are starting to wish that we hadn't told our almost 3-year old about the cruise, as she does not have a concept of how long a year is yet!

I've added you to the roll call.
__________________
Our family of Disney nuts: Me (28) , T (29) , A (2)
WDW - 1996 (off-site), 2009 (ASM), 2012 (ASM)
DL - 2005 (honeymoon), 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013
DCL - 2012 (4-night Bahamian on the Dream)

In the works:
January 17-20th, 2014 - Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon(solo) ~ * ~ * ~ August 16th, 2014 - Disney Fantasy



Aura of Foreboding is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: