Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #211
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,380
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamoka View Post
I know this has to be addressed somewhere, but can't find it...

Can you buy your tickets at Costco and still use the benefits of the hotel express pass (whatever it is called)?

Thanks!!
Onsite benefits have nothing to do with theme park tickets...they are completely separate.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #212
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
I remember reading somewhere
Can you blame me tho?
 
RAPstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3,843

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamoka View Post
I know this has to be addressed somewhere, but can't find it...

Can you buy your tickets at Costco and still use the benefits of the hotel express pass (whatever it is called)?

Thanks!!
Yes. The hotel express pass is based on you staying at the hotel, not where you get the tickets.
RAPstar is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #213
Herbie
DIS Veteran
 
Herbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: South Florida
Posts: 693

FOTL or Express Pass does not work for every ride. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is one of the rides that does not use Express Pass/FOTL
Herbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #214
Mary T in PA


Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Altoona, PA
Posts: 1,080

Just needing to confirm my thinking is straight on this..

I just booked a short stay during Thanksgiving for Portofino Bay. I get the Extra Special Express Pass and that is on the room key and I can go on the rides that accept EP repeatedly.

So all I need to do is buy my park tickets, as the admission is separate, but required, to get into the parks.

Am I missing anything? Or is there anything else I need to do? Looking forward to our very first Uni stay!
__________________
Mary T in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #215
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,259

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T in PA View Post
Just needing to confirm my thinking is straight on this..

I just booked a short stay during Thanksgiving for Portofino Bay. I get the Extra Special Express Pass and that is on the room key and I can go on the rides that accept EP repeatedly.

So all I need to do is buy my park tickets, as the admission is separate, but required, to get into the parks.

Am I missing anything? Or is there anything else I need to do? Looking forward to our very first Uni stay!
You've got the basics right. You are correct that you need to buy your park tickets separately. THey are cheapest through www.undercovertourist.com

One thing has changed and that is that your room key isn't your express pass anymore. You will take your room key to a kiosk in the hotel that will take your photo and issue a photo express pass. That is what you will use to get your unlimited express pass access to all rides except Forbidden Journey and Pteranodon Flyers.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #216
Mary T in PA


Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Altoona, PA
Posts: 1,080

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
You've got the basics right. You are correct that you need to buy your park tickets separately. THey are cheapest through www.undercovertourist.com

One thing has changed and that is that your room key isn't your express pass anymore. You will take your room key to a kiosk in the hotel that will take your photo and issue a photo express pass. That is what you will use to get your unlimited express pass access to all rides except Forbidden Journey and Pteranodon Flyers.
Great- thank you for that update about the EP. I do understand that FJ and PF are not included, and that's ok. We walked thru FJ, and if DD really wants to ride it, she can get up and get over to the park at 8am.

Thanks!!
__________________
Mary T in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:37 PM   #217
BuzzBelleMom
DIS Veteran
 
BuzzBelleMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas Metroplex
Posts: 1,766

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
One thing has changed and that is that your room key isn't your express pass anymore. You will take your room key to a kiosk in the hotel that will take your photo and issue a photo express pass. That is what you will use to get your unlimited express pass access to all rides except Forbidden Journey and Pteranodon Flyers.
Is there somewhere I can find the hours for that kiosk? We will be arriving at like 10:30 pm and DH will want to be in IOA at 7:30 am the next day for HP.
__________________
Photos help the magical memories live forever.
BuzzBelleMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #218
Rowanonfire
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 172

Does it still work for restaurants? Which ones?
Rowanonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:12 AM   #219
RMulieri
DIS Veteran
 
RMulieri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Tom Sawyers Island
Posts: 20,594

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowanonfire View Post
Does it still work for restaurants? Which ones?
Onsite resort guests present it at the restaurant podiums and will be seated for the next available table for your party sze.. it is not good at:bubba gumps
__________________
Going Back to the DarkSide -Universal Orlando and the Harry Potter Expansion December 2014
RMulieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #220
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,259

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri View Post
Onsite resort guests present it at the restaurant podiums and will be seated for the next available table for your party sze.. it is not good at:bubba gumps
Just remember that you won't be the only one using it, so don't expect to be immediately seated.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:40 PM   #221
martymcflyy85
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 43

I have a question about parking. If we arrive that morning before check in and want to get express passes, can we just park at the hotel and not have to pay for parking at the park? Hotel parking also charges right? Also, the day of checkout, is it still ok for your car to be parked at the hotel all day that day?
Thanks
martymcflyy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:55 PM   #222
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 56,103

Quote:
Originally Posted by martymcflyy85 View Post
I have a question about parking. If we arrive that morning before check in and want to get express passes, can we just park at the hotel and not have to pay for parking at the park? Hotel parking also charges right? Also, the day of checkout, is it still ok for your car to be parked at the hotel all day that day?
Thanks
if you are booked for the onsite hotel, you will need to check in and get your hotel room key.
you will need that to create your express pass.
everyone on your ressie will get the hotel card and each can get the ep.

i have checked in as early as 6:30 am before.
hotel parking is close to $20 now.


you are charged by the night for hotel parking.
charges start at midnight.
if you check out of the hotel at 11:00 am, standard practice, you can leave your car in their lot until you leave.
leave before midnight and no charges for parking will occur.

i checked out this past weekend at 11:00, left my stuff with the luggage holding area and didn't pick it up until later in the afternoon.
many hotel guests do that too.
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:47 PM   #223
tinkerbellmagic
don't hate me because I loved the castle cake
 
tinkerbellmagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,009

Question Express pass for onsite stay

Hi,
Question: If we check into the Royal Pacific in the morning, can we use our express pass right away or do we have to wait until our room is actually ready before we can use it? The reason I ask is because the first page states that your room key won't be activated until your room is ready, so I wondered if it was the same for using the express pass. Thank you!

Edited to add that I found the answer on another thread and it looks like we can use our express passes right away.

Last edited by tinkerbellmagic; 01-22-2014 at 03:39 PM. Reason: found answer
tinkerbellmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:36 PM   #224
BlueEyedGirls
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Posts: 45

Does anyone have an updated list of the rides/attractions that are NOT included with the Hotel Express Pass? I know Pteranodon Flyers and HP/FJ, but anything else? What about the new Desp. Me ride?

Thanks!
BlueEyedGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:57 PM   #225
rowan555
DIS Veteran
 
rowan555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyedGirls View Post
Does anyone have an updated list of the rides/attractions that are NOT included with the Hotel Express Pass? I know Pteranodon Flyers and HP/FJ, but anything else? What about the new Desp. Me ride?

Thanks!
There's an EP line for Despicable Me, but the lines still seem to be long even with it! Same for Transformers. The only other thing that didn't have an Express Pass line on our August trip was the Simpsons Twirl and Hurl, but the ride had just opened - so perhaps they have an EP line now (does anyone know?).
__________________
rowan555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: