Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #1
bennifer
Mouseketeer

Second guessing my resort!

OK, so we're booked at AoA in a Cars suite for 8 days in Sept. It will be DH, DS4, my parents and myself. DS4 loves all things Cars, so we thought we should stay right there in Radiator Springs But, I just priced 2 separate rooms at ASMo and there is quite a huge price difference. He does like Toy Story, so Buzz and Woody would be a hit, even Herbie because he's a car after all. On the other hand, this may be the only trip that we would stay in a suite, and at least splitting the cost with my parents helps. But, DH and I will be spending 7 nights on a pullout. I just don't know what to do!!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #2
jenjencc514
Earning My Ears

Ouch!

Too many days on the pull-out! Go for the 2 rooms and save your back!
jenjencc514 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennifer View Post
OK, so we're booked at AoA in a Cars suite for 8 days in Sept. It will be DH, DS4, my parents and myself. DS4 loves all things Cars, so we thought we should stay right there in Radiator Springs But, I just priced 2 separate rooms at ASMo and there is quite a huge price difference. He does like Toy Story, so Buzz and Woody would be a hit, even Herbie because he's a car after all. On the other hand, this may be the only trip that we would stay in a suite, and at least splitting the cost with my parents helps. But, DH and I will be spending 7 nights on a pullout. I just don't know what to do!!!!
Hmmm ... this is a tough one. The pull outs in the DVC resorts are actually pretty comfortable so I assume that the ones at AoA are also OK. I know that an AoA suite is more expensive than 2 All Star rooms. What is the price difference? Also, are you going during free dining? That might bring the price down even more.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #4
Kristibo42
DIS Veteran

Get two connecting rooms. Works great for us. The only thing is you won't have to kitchen.

Next trip July 2016 POP and AOA about 70 people
Dec. 2013 Pop Century to celebrate 25 anniversary Adults only
All Star Sports family trip 25 people Feb 2011
Pop Century September. 2009
Pop Century Adults only 20 year anniversary Dec 2008
Pop Century Big family trip 42 people July 2007
Contemporary and All Star Music Dec. 2006
All Star Music June 2005
Port Orleans- Riverside and Disney Wonder Nov. 2002
6th grade trip To Magic Kingdom had my first kiss on Tom Sawyers Island June 1977
Kristibo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
bennifer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjencc514 View Post
Too many days on the pull-out! Go for the 2 rooms and save your back!
I haven't really thought about just how long 7 nights are...
Old 07-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #6
cherylleigh59
Earning My Ears

We stayed in a Lion King Suite for a week in January and loved it. The theming at the AoA resort is wonderful.
cherylleigh59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #7
bennifer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Hmmm ... this is a tough one. The pull outs in the DVC resorts are actually pretty comfortable so I assume that the ones at AoA are also OK. I know that an AoA suite is more expensive than 2 All Star rooms. What is the price difference? Also, are you going during free dining? That might bring the price down even more.
We are going with free dining It's about $1600 difference! That's A LOT of souvenirs! Plus my older son is starting college, and that's been a huge financial drain! But, it's my younger son's first trip that's all about him and not worrying about having to share with his older brother, so I wanted to make it extra special.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #8
bennifer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristibo42 View Post
Get two connecting rooms. Works great for us. The only thing is you won't have to kitchen.
True, this is what we've done in the past. We really don't need a kitchen!
Old 07-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #9
bennifer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylleigh59 View Post
We stayed in a Lion King Suite for a week in January and loved it. The theming at the AoA resort is wonderful.
See?!?! This is what I mean! I think the theming may just be worth it!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #10
chrystalc77
Mouseketeer

My vote is the Cars suite. We are booked there for November 2014. I have a friend that is at AOA right now staying in the LM rooms, and she said the Cars area is amazing!!! I have also read that the pullouts are quite comfy. However you could book the two rooms, and just hop over to walk through the AOA resort. But then you may end up wishing you had stuck with the original plan!!! Good luck with your decision!!!
chrystalc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #11
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennifer View Post
We are going with free dining It's about $1600 difference! That's A LOT of souvenirs! Plus my older son is starting college, and that's been a huge financial drain! But, it's my younger son's first trip that's all about him and not worrying about having to share with his older brother, so I wanted to make it extra special.
The difference is $200 per night . Since it's your son's first trip it will be special enough without needing to throw an extra $200 per night at it ... especially since that money could go toward your older son's college expenses. Your 4-year old really won't know the difference and he'll be thrilled with All Star Movies. Think of it this way, your portion of one night's lodging would pay for a full visit to the Pirate's League including costume: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428848. Save your money and enjoy your time with your family.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #12
bennifer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrystalc77 View Post
My vote is the Cars suite. We are booked there for November 2014. I have a friend that is at AOA right now staying in the LM rooms, and she said the Cars area is amazing!!! I have also read that the pullouts are quite comfy. However you could book the two rooms, and just hop over to walk through the AOA resort. But then you may end up wishing you had stuck with the original plan!!! Good luck with your decision!!!
Thank you! That's exactly what I'm afraid of...regretting changing. I could always switch if the pullout gets too much halfway thru, right? hmmm...
Old 07-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #13
chrystalc77
Mouseketeer

Or maybe you could do a split stay???? How about 2 rooms for the first half of the vacation, and then switch over to the Cars suite for the last half? You could still save some money, and end up where you wanted to stay to begin with.
chrystalc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #14
wysteria
Mouseketeer

I think since he is 4 and this is his first trip he will still be impressed by the 2 rooms connected. In fact wouldn't you rather start at the 2 connecting rooms so next time if that is what you can afford, he doesn't want the suite, or if you do get the suite its a totally upgraded cool experience for him.

$1600 more money is a bit much, especially since you mentioned your other sons college expenses.

Besides even if you were determined to spend X amount on disney, take the $1600 and do stuff like Wishes desert party, pirate cruise, waterparks etc. You could do quite a few memorable activities with the 1600$ instead of just the suite at AoA.
October 2006 - All Star Sports
December 2011 - Pop Century
March 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside

WDW March 2014 Facebook Group

wysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #15
bennifer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
The difference is $200 per night . Since it's your son's first trip it will be special enough without needing to throw an extra $200 per night at it ... especially since that money could go toward your older son's college expenses. Your 4-year old really won't know the difference and he'll be thrilled with All Star Movies. Think of it this way, your portion of one night's lodging would pay for a full visit to the Pirate's League including costume: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428848. Save your money and enjoy your time with your family.
True...I know he won't remember this vacation, so we the money we save this year could be spent when he does remember!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: