Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #2101
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

What is the projected timing for full roll out of the new digital mugs/dispensers?
conandrob240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #2102
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by conandrob240 View Post
What is the projected timing for full roll out of the new digital mugs/dispensers?
No one really knows. Disney has yet to make any announcements on the program, but the machines have been installed at POP, so it is starting to make its way into the resorts. The machines at POP have not been activated yet.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #2103
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

No one really knows. Disney has yet to make any announcements on the program, but the machines have been installed at POP, so it is starting to make its way into the resorts. The machines at POP have not been activated yet.
The machines have also been installed at All-Star Music. I used them in non-RFID mode.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #2104
uramr
Jsdisneymom

I am sorry if this has already been asked. Are they just the regular soda dispensers?
uramr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #2105
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by uramr View Post
I am sorry if this has already been asked. Are they just the regular soda dispensers?
They are similar to a regular set of soda dispensers, but they have a video screen and a little stand to place the cup/mug on for filling.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #2106
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

Hmm. I am guessing they'd have to get them all in place first before they do this? They really couldn't launch at one resort and not the others, right? Our trip is August 22-29
Old 07-22-2013, 09:31 PM   #2107
Rosanne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hmm. I am guessing they'd have to get them all in place first before they do this? They really couldn't launch at one resort and not the others, right? Our trip is August 22-29
Well, actually, they could. If they launched it only at ASMusic, for example, then they could only charge the day specific pricing there and the regular pricing everywhere else. The mugs with chips could be used at other resorts, thus the minor advantage of multi-resort use. If someone bought their mug at, say, CB then it wouldn't work at ASMusic but they would have payed the old price (and probably weren't running over to ASMusic with a mug anyway.

The only case this might be trickier is if someone was doing a split stay with ASMusic as their second stay.

IMO between the absence of a regular food court at AS Sports and the fridges being moved around it might not be a bad idea if they would hold off a the rapid refill system a short bit since the mug traffic will likely be higher. The idea isn't so bad but the timing is not ideal if they really do start it as scheduled.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #2108
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

They are only installed at Pop and Music so far, right? I know they will eventually be everywhere, but so far just Pop and Music have them out?
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #2109
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

I don't know, it seems like there would be a fairness issue if implemented at one resort one way and others a different way. I would bet, unless they do a test, they will wait until all of them are in place.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #2110
Rosanne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know, it seems like there would be a fairness issue if implemented at one resort one way and others a different way. I would bet, unless they do a test, they will wait until all of them are in place.
Well, I totally agree with you that it would be best if they wait until all resorts have them in place but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

I hope you're correct as I am already thinking it's going to be crowded on my ASMusic visit in a few weeks and things will likely go more smoothly without a change in the mug system at that time.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #2111
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BebopBaloo View Post
They are only installed at Pop and Music so far, right? I know they will eventually be everywhere, but so far just Pop and Music have them out?
Pop and Music are the only places where we have reports.

Movies did not have the machines as of July 14th, but they very well could have been installed by now.

The original report on the RapidFill system specifically talked about the system starting at the All-Star resorts. Whether they would also be used in the temporary arcade setup at All-Star Sports will be interesting to see.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #2112
Sue M
DIS Veteran

IMO it wouldn't be fair to Implement it at some resorts first, and them having to pay the much higher length of stay price, while other resorts have the old pricing.
So, I think they will wait till all the resorts are changed.

But what if someone bought a old mug, then halfway thru vacay they changed systems? Would family have to buy more mugs? Or would they exchange them for new ones?
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #2113
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

I agree about the fairness issue and think they'll either wait until all are ready or charge old prices until all are ready. And, yes, I'll bet they'll swap out a just purchased old mug for a new one if they switch midway.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:27 AM   #2114
Aurora in blue
Mouseketeer

If you are getting a mug with your dining plan will it automatically be length of stay? Im thinking about our check out day we are not leaving until noon , do you think it will still be active? 19 days and counting till we arrive...
Aurora in blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #2115
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora in blue View Post
If you are getting a mug with your dining plan will it automatically be length of stay? Im thinking about our check out day we are not leaving until noon , do you think it will still be active? 19 days and counting till we arrive...
I think you can expect that the mugs included with the dining plan will be active to match whatever your stay is, including your check-out day.

Not sure we know that the system will be active for your trip -- where are you staying?

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: