Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #1696
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,963

What a shame that you had more bad luck with the buses. I love the Photopass Photos.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #1697
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,580

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I'm not a short person, (5'6") but those damn dryers were way too high for me! I got lucky and got to use them while at AoA. I couldn't even get my clothes out without finally stepping on the door of the dryer below. Bad design!

And I'm sorry to hear of your lousy Anniversary. I had a lovely anniversary while on our trip , you'll have to remember the above stupid laundry room when I get to Nov 7th on this TR.

Ahhh, the FB group from Crazy Town. I defected from them quite quickly!

I love Claire's top, perfect for AK. I am so going to get that PP shot in Nov!

I didn't even try those out, but I do kind of remember Pops being kind of high up too.
Our Anniversary was a total joke.....still is. My husband is not very wise with these type of things and he needs to learn to keep his mouth shut too.

I thought that top looked great for AK too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
What a shame that you had more bad luck with the buses. I love the Photopass Photos.

Corinna
Bus mojo was not on our side this trip.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #1698
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,580

Claire wanted to take another ride on EE.



The standby line wasnt too long either and moved fairly fast.

















Soon it was our turn. I forgot to change the settings on the camera and took this picture. It was very weird looking and over exposed. But as I darkened it a bit it came out kind of neat looking.







We had another fun and exciting ride.



We had a late breakfast ADR at Tusker house today, so we slowly made our way back over in that direction.

















We did a little bit of browsing.



jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:54 AM   #1699
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,580


The line to check into Tusker House was SUPER long. It was unreal. So a little after 10 we got in line for our 10:30 ADR.



It took quite a while to get through. They had a couple people checking people in, but they seemed clueless. Letís just say this process annoyed me so much that I doubt Iíll ever go back there.
Once we got checked in they told me to go back and wait for Donald. I told them I didnít want to wait for Donald, we just wanted to eat, so they told me to take my ticket inside and give it to someone.

So that is what I did. Only the people inside told me I wasnít called yet, I had to see Donald first to get another ticket. I donít want to see Donald, we want to eat. By the Way Donaldís line was at least another 20 minute wait. We werenít going to get the picture, so I wasnít wasting the time and Claire didnít want to wait in it either.
Finally someone points me to a podium and tells me to check with them. So I go there and tell them I am supposed to hand my ticket in so we can be on the list to be seated. They tell me, you need to see Donald first. UGH! I donít want to see FREAKING DonaldÖ.we want to eat!
This guy was confused too but finally was able to make a ticket switch and get us on the list to get called in. Once that happened, it wasnít too long. And as we went in, I saw the people who were in front of me in the original check in lineÖ.STILL in line for Donald and they had a ways to go.



We were taken to the back room.



We quickly went up to get some food as it was going to be a few minutes before any characters made their way to us.







We went for pretty normal items. The African food just wasnít our thing and the few things I did end up trying I did not care for.

A little bit of dancing around.







And then Daisy made her way to our table.







Mickey wasnít too far behind.







We went up to the buffet a couple of times, but for us, we really werenít impressed with the selection. Like I said, the African selections just werenít something we cared for, so we were sticking to the basics and that limited us a bit.
We were ready to go and had paid, and I let the waitress know that we still hadnít seen Goofy, but we wanted to leave and wondered if there would be a way to see him shortly and she said yes. She pointed out a Cast Member and told me to talk to him, so I did. He told me where to stand and that he would direct Goofy over to us. Within a few minutes we got to visit with Goofy as well.









With that meet and greet done, we grabbed our things and headed out. I did take a few pictures before we left.













I think you know my thoughts on Tusker House by now. It was way too much of a hassle to actually get checked in and seated. The food was good, but not enough variety for us who donít want to get crazy with the African food. And the price is just too high to go for just the basics. I will really have to think long and hard before going back againÖ.and if I do, it will be an early ADR, which will hopefully eliminate the long check in wait.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #1700
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,274

That line for TH looks crazy!

We have seen a large line there before, but I thought that was just because we were there when it opened and everyone was there at once.

I've never put TH at the top of my character meal list, but we still like it and will go again. You missed out on the single best reason to eat at TH..... the ability to eat and be AT the safari as the park opens. Take that away and I'm not sure I'd go either.

Although at least we stop and see Donald. You're going to give him a complex or something!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #1701
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,875

You aren't the first person that I've heard complain about the Tusker House line. It's crazy that they won't just let a group bypass seeing Donald and go on in. You've got an ADR for goodness sakes. If you want to miss seeing Donald, then so what?

Oops, I forgot to comment on the Photopass pictures. I have never seen the one of Stitch popping out of the gift. That's so neat!
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #1702
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerbellandeeyor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,204

I have never heard of a cm forcing a family to meet a character.
__________________
tinkerbellandeeyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #1703
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,580

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
That line for TH looks crazy!

We have seen a large line there before, but I thought that was just because we were there when it opened and everyone was there at once.

I've never put TH at the top of my character meal list, but we still like it and will go again. You missed out on the single best reason to eat at TH..... the ability to eat and be AT the safari as the park opens. Take that away and I'm not sure I'd go either.

Although at least we stop and see Donald. You're going to give him a complex or something!
It was such a mess there and so unorganized. We really had no desire to wait in that line. Claire was done with long lines at that point and she had seen Donald on the ship already too.
Early doesn't work well for Claire usually, and if I remember right I made this ADR kind of later, not at 180....I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You aren't the first person that I've heard complain about the Tusker House line. It's crazy that they won't just let a group bypass seeing Donald and go on in. You've got an ADR for goodness sakes. If you want to miss seeing Donald, then so what?

Oops, I forgot to comment on the Photopass pictures. I have never seen the one of Stitch popping out of the gift. That's so neat!
It was such a mess there. It was like no one ever heard of someone skipping the character meet. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
I have never heard of a cm forcing a family to meet a character.
They were truly confused.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #1704
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,790

I feel so bad for you! We haven't had an issue with TH's line. The first time, we skipped the pic with Donald, so they told us to just go the back podium and check in and we went straight inÖ The second time, we did the picture with Donald (but I still didn't pay for it! ha!) and still didn't wait long! We enjoyed the food, but I know it's not everyone's cup of tea!
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #1705
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting
 
JKSWonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,728

We feel the same way about Tusker House. We had some nice character interaction there when the kids were younger, but the food choices were limited since my family doesn't really go for any of the exotic stuff either.
__________________
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #1706
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,963

What a shame about the lines at Tusker House and that you were limited to food. I do love African food so this is definitely on my wish list.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #1707
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner
 
Caretames1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 3,351

TH was decent when we went, but then we were one of the first in line for Donald so it went fast. The African food I didn't try, I'm too picky, but the rest was good

The characters was the #1 reason I had booked, then how close I was to the safari.
__________________
2014, A Disney Free Year
IN PROGRESS: SURPRISE...You forgot WHAT!?!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022868
SURPRISE! Can we do it again? Nov 2012 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post44413308
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:58 PM   #1708
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran
 
Kathy Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Myrtle Beach SC
Posts: 5,245

I like the picture of Stitch jumping out of the present too. I didn't know they had that one either.

When we passed Tusker House River asked what it was. When I told him he got all mad that we didn't go there. I'm really regretting not booking a character meal this trip and he made me feel like a bad mom for not doing it I was thinking of trying Tusker House next time but now I'm thinking maybe I don't want to.
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #1709
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,580

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I feel so bad for you! We haven't had an issue with TH's line. The first time, we skipped the pic with Donald, so they told us to just go the back podium and check in and we went straight inÖ The second time, we did the picture with Donald (but I still didn't pay for it! ha!) and still didn't wait long! We enjoyed the food, but I know it's not everyone's cup of tea!
I guess I was committing a sin by not visiting with Donald.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
We feel the same way about Tusker House. We had some nice character interaction there when the kids were younger, but the food choices were limited since my family doesn't really go for any of the exotic stuff either.
We are pretty plain with a lot of foods. Claire is very picky, but if there is sausage and bacon she is all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
What a shame about the lines at Tusker House and that you were limited to food. I do love African food so this is definitely on my wish list.

Corinna
I think part of it was it had just been so busy so far and it was taking its toll on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
TH was decent when we went, but then we were one of the first in line for Donald so it went fast. The African food I didn't try, I'm too picky, but the rest was good

The characters was the #1 reason I had booked, then how close I was to the safari.
I never have a wait for the safari really. usually fastpasses or I can practically walk on, so thats not something that draws me to get there early I guess.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
I like the picture of Stitch jumping out of the present too. I didn't know they had that one either.

When we passed Tusker House River asked what it was. When I told him he got all mad that we didn't go there. I'm really regretting not booking a character meal this trip and he made me feel like a bad mom for not doing it I was thinking of trying Tusker House next time but now I'm thinking maybe I don't want to.
I just love that picture.
You horrible mom! LOL. I think Claire would be the same way if i didn't schedule one.
Next March we will be paying out of pocket and I am probably not going to schedule a real character buffet...we'll see, but it can be so expensive.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #1710
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,580

When we exited Tusker House we took a few pictures out back before heading off.











We had picked up fastpasses for the safari before heading into Tusker House and the time to use them had arrived.



It wasnít long and we were boarded in our truck.



We saw lots of animals out and about, but I had major issues with pictures. The people in front of me pretty much were in my view at all times. I donít know if I had a bad angle or what, but I constantly had an arm, elbow, head, camera lens,Ö.you name itÖit was in my shot. I have tried to crop most of my pictures to get them out of the shots as much as possible, but at times I just couldnít get them all out.



It looks like the birds are hungry for some Hippo Ö..



Seriously? Why are all these birds here?







We saw a lot of giraffes again on this trip.





Stretch just a little bit further and youíll reach it.



I think he got a neck cramp.









This wouldíve been a better shot, but I had to crop out a lot of the picture.




Last edited by jenseib; 07-25-2013 at 10:58 AM.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: