Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #91
HeddyRuth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
I do not wish to come off as pompous, but isn't this experience afternoon tea not high tea. There is a world of difference. I don't know why it bothers me that the term high tea is being used for this type of meal, but here (in England), high tea is completely different and is more of an early dinner with a meat dish such as stew or shepherds pie. The sandwiches, cake, scone meal is afternoon tea. Is it different in the USA?
Wow, this is vey educational. Thanks! Perhaps in this sense the "high" refers only to the price. Only kidding ) We absolutely plan to go if offered, but it is amusing that the title does not fit the activity. I will now have to read more on this topic

HeddyRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #92
EeyoreIsMyName
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
I do not wish to come off as pompous, but isn't this experience afternoon tea not high tea. There is a world of difference. I don't know why it bothers me that the term high tea is being used for this type of meal, but here (in England), high tea is completely different and is more of an early dinner with a meat dish such as stew or shepherds pie. The sandwiches, cake, scone meal is afternoon tea. Is it different in the USA?
I don't think you came off as pompous . I make "tea" every month for my family for dinner. We have a savory dish (like quiche, shepherd's pie, stew or some other meat dish) but I also serve sandwiches, cream scones and pastries. I don't appreciate locations calling salad and sandwiches "high tea" or scones and tea only "afternoon tea." In my family, we want a meal-that's "high tea" to us. We do not go away hungry from the "tea" I make like we sometimes do from the itty bitty sandwiches served in other places.
EeyoreIsMyName is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2013, 04:11 PM   #93
NickyKnack
DIS Veteran

If I wasn't the type who would, I wouldn't see the point to sailing DCL without kids in the first place. A large part of the reason I show up is because of the character experience. Add to that that it's something to do that doesn't include nasty swimming pools or getting drunk and I have no problem paying that fee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoiseyMom View Post
This isn't a regular tea. It is a character event for kids (especially girls). They used to have high tea on the ships..but they stopped it, so obviously it wasn't worth it for them.

As an adult alone I wouldn't pay 69 for a character event with just tea. I can't see many who would, otherwise they would do something like that.
NickyKnack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #94
tinyteen19401
Mouseketeer

Anyone know if they are still doing this? Or did they stop after July 15th?
tinyteen19401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:03 AM   #95
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyKnack View Post
*Sigh
So they get rid of the adult High Tea, and then bring this in with no option for adults with no kids. Just one more way DCL is making me feel like I'm not really welcome as part of a family that only consists of 2 adults. I really miss the days when they really did try to make everyone feel like they belonged there.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #96
HeddyRuth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyteen19401 View Post
Anyone know if they are still doing this? Or did they stop after July 15th?
They will be rolling it out as a regular feature, but it is not currently being offered. We are going in October and are on a list to be called if they start it up before then. No word yet.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #97
Medpeds
Earning My Ears

We were on the Fantasy the week of July 15. This was offered for the full $270 price. There were about 10 tables and about 2 girls per table. It was cute and my daughter loved it. She is 6. Food wasn't great but when is it ever when you are buying an experience. All the pics they took were added to our photo cd and they delivered a black 8x10 photo folder with the pic of her with all princesses and then two stock photos the evening after the tea. The boys got the grey sword and shield that they give at the BBB. Instead of charms they got pins. I wasn't close enough to the two boys to see what they got instead of a doll and jewelery box.
Medpeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #98
MaryJPixie
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if the Royal High Tea is going to be offered on the Dream as well as the Fantasy? My 2 DD's would love this it sounds great...TIA

A dream is a wish your heart makes......
MaryJPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #99
HeddyRuth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJPixie View Post
Does anyone know if the Royal High Tea is going to be offered on the Dream as well as the Fantasy? My 2 DD's would love this it sounds great...TIA
I just spoke to shoreside concierge and as of now they say it is a Fantasy exclusive.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #100
JMB101
Earning My Ears

How do you sign up for this?
JMB101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #101
HeddyRuth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMB101 View Post
How do you sign up for this?
Through your shoreside concierge. If you are not concierge then there might still availability and you can check with guest services after boarding.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #102
tinyteen19401
Mouseketeer

I just got off the ship and wanted to say that I am very thankful that I did not do this with my DD. I know she would have loved it but I saw a little girl and her mother after the tea. The doll was very small and the charm neckless looked very cheep. Maybe the memory for our little girls is worth the $279 but I am so very thankful that I did not do this. Oh and there is only room for 25 girls.
tinyteen19401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #103
minniemouse1
Member of the Grand Slam Club!

Looks like a great idea but I am not willing to pay that much for it. Maybe $75 but not $270 especially for a doll I can buy for less than $30. I agree that the doll, charm bracelet, jewerly box, autograph book, and crown all look very cheap for the amount of money families are paying for this. If you are going to pay $270 for this than the items the little girls receive should look of quality items not stuff I will find at my local dollar store in a few years time. Sorry if I offended anyone but I feel that DCL is trying to sqeeze every last penny out of every cruiser and that they are not giving the quality back that I would expect of Disney. Now if the doll was of the quality that other posters have said of the Princess Tea at GF than it would justify the price, better quality doll and trinkets, higher price. Makes sense to me.
Wonder 2001 4 Day
Magic 2003 7 Day Western
Magic 2005 7 Day Eastern
Magic 2007 7 Day Eastern
Dream 2011 4 Day
Fantasy 2014 7 Day
Magic 2015 7 Day Mediterranean
DH me DD13 DD12 DD9 DS5
minniemouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:07 AM   #104
Downunder Minnies
Earning My Ears

Royal Court Royal Tea - Which day???

Does anyone know what day the Royal Court Royal tea is held on the Fantasy - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Itinerary C and Itinerary B?
I am guessing it would definately be a sea day but which one?
Also...
Can one parent take 2 children or is it one child per parent? I can't see my husband enjoying this experience once he finds out the price!

Thanks

D/Land Paris 2004
D/Land California Dec 2008
D/Land California Dec 2009
W/Disney World Orlando Jan 2010
D/Land Tokyo Jan 2010
W/Disney World Orlando Dec 2011
D/Land Paris Jan 2012
W/Disney World Orlando Dec 2012/Jan 2013
DCL - Fantasy - Jan 2013
D/Land Paris - Jan 2014

Upcoming Adventures:
DCL - Fantasy - Jan 2015
Downunder Minnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:10 AM   #105
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downunder Minnies View Post
Can one parent take 2 children or is it one child per parent? I can't see my husband enjoying this experience once he finds out the price!

Thanks
Yes, you can take two children. You just pay for the additional child

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: