Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #31
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

In 2008 my 8 year old niece and I were staying at OKW and she dropped one of her earrings and it rolled under the nightstand in between the two beds. There wasn't much space between the carved bottom of the nightstand and the floor, but she managed to get her hand a little under to feel around for the earring, but then all of a sudden she pulled out a Playboy magazine! I quickly shoved it back under the nightstand and before we left for the parks I called Mousekeeping to tell them and have them throw them away. Whoever I talked to totally misunderstood because about 10 minutes later a Mousekeeper knocked on the door and handed me a Disney Family magazine. I called again and thought the person understood, but when we got back from the parks later the Playboy and another men's magazine were sitting on the table with a towel animal on top!

ETA: I was a little more upset at the time and at this point called the front desk and talked to a manager. He sent Mousekeeping to my room for a full cleaning that we weren't due for because of being on DVC points and gave me a meal voucher for Olivia's.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream

Last edited by WaltD4Me; 07-22-2013 at 12:18 PM.
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #32
Tikiman
He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e waiho kala'e ihola ma 'o!

I love having a ground floor room and most of the time it is not a privacy issue because I can close the curtains when needed. Well I was in the Hawaii longhouse where many people pass or hang out at the beach there and I was just back from the pool and I headed to the bathroom to rinse off and get out of my wet board shorts. Then I walked out of the bathroom to get my clothes and did not think that the curtains were open and honestly did not think about it until I was standing at the dresser looking for clothes and as I look up there is a couple of women outside the window looking in as they were walking down the path. Now I remember to bring clothes into the bathroom before I change out of my shorts.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #33
lovelygirl1975
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblackstars View Post
On Space Mountain last year I had my hair up with one of those 'donut' ring things to make your bun look all nice and perfect. I clearly hadn't secured it tightly enough as it shot out of my hair and smacked the person behind me in the face!!
Something similar happened to my cousin. We were at MK and she had a weave, braids to be exact. Anyway we get on a ride, not a roller coaster. But whatever it was took a sharp, fast turn and we both watched a couple of her braids fly right off her head.

ASMu-2007, CSR-2012, CSR-2013, AKL-1/2014, CSR-10/2014
Offsite: 1991, 1993, 1996, 2005
lovelygirl1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #34
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltD4Me View Post
In 2008 my 8 year old niece and I were staying at OKW and she dropped one of her earrings and it rolled under the nightstand in between the two beds. There wasn't much space between the carved bottom of the nightstand and the floor, but she managed to get her hand a little under to feel around for the earring, but then all of a sudden she pulled out a Playboy magazine! I quickly shoved it back under the nightstand and before we left for the parks I called Mousekeeping to tell them and have them throw them away. Whoever I talked to totally misunderstood because about 10 minutes later a Mousekeeper knocked on the door and handed me a Disney Family magazine. I called again and thought the person understood, but when we got back from the parks later the Playboy and another men's magazine were sitting on the table with a towel animal on top!

ETA: I was a little more upset at the time and at this point called the front desk and talked to a manager. He sent Mousekeeping to my room for a full cleaning that we weren't due for because of being on DVC points and gave me a meal voucher for Olivia's.
Omg I'm in tears! First they bring you a Disney mag then put not 1 but 2 dirty mags out on the table!! I'm sure it wasn't funny then but my goodness I needed this laugh today!!!

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #35
WDW Crawl
Living In A Secret Unused Disney Attraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltD4Me View Post

OMG that is hilarious!! Can't imagine how that got so screwed up twice.
I almost want to stage this at POR in Sept and see what happens... Maybe through some strange chain of events I'll kickstart Disney Adventures magazine back into production !
WDW Crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #36
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
These are so funny!

A few years ago I had just gone thru the whole watch your language with my DH and grown DS, telling them we were in Disney there are familys around!

We were walking through Frontierland, on the bridge or whatever and I slept on some ice cream that was on the ground almost falling and scaring myself so badly that I screamed out a VERY undisney word, at which several families stopped to look at me and give me dirty looks! I was mortified, apologizing to anyone and everyone around me, while DH and DS laughed hysterically at the irony!

The rest of the trip they kept telling me "This is Disney dangit (but the other word) watch your mouth!"
I think everyone would embarrassed if they slept in ice cream too. Did you get sticky?
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:44 PM   #37
jillianml
Mouseketeer

most embarrasing moment at disney

Ok so this happened to my DD age 12 at the time.We were staying at pop century resort.I decided to take a nap in the room and let DD go swimming.I walked her down to the pool and then headed back to the room was about to get on the elevator when I hear a child running really loud flip flopping I think to myself thank God that's not my kid being so loud-----Then I see it is my daughter her face is bright red and she is laughing so hard she cant even talk.DD took off her cover up and realized she was standing there in her underwear!!!!She had changed so quickly she forgot to change her bottoms!We still laugh about this and all through the trip we would start laughing uncontrollably just thinking about it!
Old 07-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #38
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltD4Me

Where did the second magazine come from, do they have a stash of "adult" items at the front desk to hand out to guest?? Omg! :rotlf:
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #39
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut8 View Post

I think everyone would embarrassed if they slept in ice cream too. Did you get sticky?
Lmao! Darn iPhone autocorrect!!!

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #40
3kidsdad
Earning My Ears

Summer of 2004 my DD was about 18 months. My wife and I took her and our son (would have been 3 then) to Hollywood Studios for the day. We dined at Mama Melroses and my DD had pizza and pink lemonade.

About 30 mins after dinner we get on The Great Movie Ride. About half way through my daughter doesn't want to sit in her seat so my wife lets her stand on her. Her feet were on her thighs and her butt was about chest level. Shortly after doing this my wife leans into me on the ride and says "I think we need to go change her after this ride". Little did we know that the pink lemonade had gone right through her and had caused her diaper to leak badly.

Slowly the smell began to grow. Near the end of the ride there was a poor woman sitting behind us fanning her self with a park map and gagging. When it was time to exit my wife finally noticed that her diaper had leaked. She immediately pinned our daughter to her chest and made a Beeline for the nearest bathrooms.

Luckily we had extra clothes for my daughter but not for my wife. So I had to make my best judgement as to what I thought she might like for a shirt as she had to throw her's away. To this day we still laugh about the time Daddy HAD to buy Mommy a shirt at disney.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #41
pieface
Mouseketeer

Sue I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that did that. I had to go to the bathroom so bad I just ran in. While sitting there I noticed a pair of women's feet sitting in the stall next to me. I said to myself what dumb woman is using the men's bathroom when I noticed another pair of woman's feet in the other stall. I peeked through the crack in the door and realized I was the dumb man in the women's bathroom. Man I didn't know what to do I was afraid I would be in there the rest of the night. With that a tour group came in must have been 50 of them. When it got quiet I ran out and right into the men's bathroom you know you have to wash your hands. I thought I would get locked up for being a pervert.
pieface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #42
WDW Crawl

Another one of mine is when I went to DHS with others and one of them had recently had heart surgery so was using an electric scooter to get around on. Well not wanting to ride the whole time, he decided to stretch his legs a bit and asked me to ride it instead.

On our way to Lights Motors Action, my group gets ahead of me while I'm making my way awkwardly in the scooter and at the line area with the CMs, the rightful driver of the scooter shouts out "Come on Crippy, let's go!"

The CMs tried so hard not to laugh that their faces were clearly cracking
Old 07-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #43
lovelygirl1975
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post

Where did the second magazine come from, do they have a stash of "adult" items at the front desk to hand out to guest?? Omg! :rotlf:
Apparently great minds think alike. I thought the same thing...I didn't know Disney provided those services. I guess they want to make sure you really feel the magic.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #44
WDW Crawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelygirl1975 View Post
Apparently great minds think alike. I thought the same thing...I didn't know Disney provided those services. I guess they want to make sure you really feel the magic.
That puts a whole different spin on my OP in this thread.... Wonder what magic they had in store for us if they could have gotten past the second lock??
Old 07-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #45
lovelygirl1975
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Crawl View Post

That puts a whole different spin on my OP in this thread.... Wonder what magic they had in store for us if they could have gotten past the second lock??
ROFTL!!! Hahahaha....whew, not even going there. Yeah, I am literally rolling all over the place on that one. The mental image on that one...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: