Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #16
mandyyyrose
Earning My Ears

*Note: Ive never liked HM*
On a family trip 3 years ago, after getting off HM with my also teenage cousins, i was intently texting my boyfriend and walked right into a HM cm. I looked up quickly to apologize, but before I could, he simply said 'boo' and I have no idea why, but that make me shriek at the top of my legs and run 50 feet and ultimately fall over in laughter/crying. Gave the cm and my cousins a good laugh, and he was wonderful enough to come over and make sure I was okay. I don't think my cousins will ever let me forget, nor will I ever leave HM without laughing.
Art of Animation January 2015 for my first RunDisney!
First 1/2 marathon this summer

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
mandyyyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:52 PM   #17
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Tower of Terror episode

My 6 year old absolutely loved this ride, she hit the height mark by millimeters..the first few times she dragged us on it, I just ignored the few disapproving looks. Mostly older folks who gave my husband and I a disdainful look as if to say, "what kind of parents force a poor little girl on this ride!"

My husband's limit was three times, she pleaded and begged to go again so I had to be the partner...this time, I specifically heard a comment by one of those so inclined to share their parenting wisdom...this time, I tapped them on the shoulder and said, "would you like to know who is dragging who on this ride?" As if on cue, my 6 year old said, "Mommy, PLEASE let me ride ten more times!"

And that comment even got a smile from one of the stolid CMs...not embarrassing but redeeming!

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #18
WDW Crawl
Living In A Secret Unused Disney Attraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
i was just done with my shower and heard a knock on my door.

i wrapped a towel around me and tried to look out of the peek hole to see who was there.

stupid me opened the door as i couldn't see who was out there.

i took a step forward and the door shut closed.

the towel was caught in the door, but still partially around me.
Good memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
can't believe I am sharing this.....a few years back, I was being a good Disney mama, drinking lots of fluids, making the family do the same. Well, we rode TTA, and did the ol' go around again, then I realized I had to GO! Well, by the time we got around, I got off, ran to the bathrooms by Space, well let's just say mama didn't quite make it. Good news, I was wearing a sundress so my clothing was dry, bad news, I knew I wasn't going to keep my fav pair of undies! So mama went commando the rest of the evening, despite looking for a replacement pair.

The reason I share this is because it has provided one of our families funniest and silliest Diseny memories....'the night mom went commando in her short sundress in the Magic Kingdom'. It was all laughs and giggles from the kids and DH all night, as if everyone knew I was sans undergarment. Trying to sit on the sidewalk for parades and fireworks, more giggles. It was just hilarious!

I was a good sport about it, most women that have had children understand how this can happen!
Holy cow that IS embarrassing

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamark View Post
Last trip a few weeks ago we were eating at the CS place in Mexico and I needed a fork to eat my nachos. I went to the counter where they had condiments, napkins, etc., but no utensils. I waited in line again to ask for a fork and the nice young lady informed me they were at the counter I just came from. I told her in no uncertain terms that there were most certainly not any there. Well she sent a guy over who promptly pressed the button on the fork dispenser thingy and handed me a fork with a smile. I had absolutely no idea there was such a machine so I didnt even look.
lesson learned
WDW Crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #19
WDW Crawl
Living In A Secret Unused Disney Attraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
Oh my, that one is priceless.

I remember the first time I rode Splash Mountain it was a very hot and very humid day in August. I managed to not get wet with the exception of one area and one area only... You got it, right where it looked like I just had a bladder failure. I was wearing a pair of white shorts and was showing a little more of the "Haines your way" than I was comfortable with.

I ended up in the mens room and was standing over the hand dryer desperately drying off the ever so embarassing wet area by standing on my toes and leaning into the blower. There were several guys that walked past and I'll never forget a kid about 10 years old said to his father as he passed by me, "that adds new meaning to a weenie roast."

weenie roast! funny story!

Keep em' coming everyone! I've got some others I'll share later
WDW Crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:09 AM   #20
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven
i was just done with my shower and heard a knock on my door.

i wrapped a towel around me and tried to look out of the peek hole to see who was there.

stupid me opened the door as i couldn't see who was out there.

i took a step forward and the door shut closed.

the towel was caught in the door, but still partially around me.
I really really want to know how you got out of that one!! Was there someone in your room to help? I'm picturing you having to stand there in a towel until a sympathetic guest walked by and agreed to go to the front desk for someone to open your door
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:13 AM   #21
jnfr2424
I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love to fly away to Neverland!

Late night leaving the last episode of American Idol at DHS and it's pouring rain to the point that its not letting up at all. I had on a light grey sundress with a built in bra that was a bit long so I decided to hike it up and walk towards the exit. DH and I get to Hollywood Blvd and I slip and fall and my ****s pop out of my dress CM's are trying to help me up DH trying to cover my ****s and I'm just embarrassed and mortified!!

jnfr2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:24 AM   #22
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
I really really want to know how you got out of that one!! Was there someone in your room to help? I'm picturing you having to stand there in a towel until a sympathetic guest walked by and agreed to go to the front desk for someone to open your door
i was on a solo trip.

being half naked, another guest went to the front desk to tell the CM a naked woman was sobbing outside her door.

and of course they sent two males to come help me.

(half the towel caught in the door, didn't give me much coverage)

i have never been so humiliated in my life.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #23
Jonell
DIS Veteran

We were staying at BWV in a 1 br a few years ago. I was getting dressed and heard a knock at the door. I walked out of the bedroom in my bra to find Mousekeeping standing the kitchen. The worst part was my Dh was snoring on the couch in nothing but his boxer briefs That is one villa I'm sure mousekeeping wished she would have skipped that day.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #24
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

My most embarrassing moment also includes Splash Mountain.
Up until this trip I didn't put a lot of thought into my clothing ensembles for the parks. I went for cool and comfortable. This particular day to MK, I was wearing a light colored ( and thin) pair of shorts.
Well, of course we rode Splash. Of course I got soaked. Of course I got out of the ride and not thinking of anything except where to next.
Until my DH starts singing "Blue Moon".
My light and thin and wet and transparent shorts were showing off my lovely blue underpants.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #25
Nina1
Disney Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBelle View Post
My most embarrassing moment also includes Splash Mountain.
Up until this trip I didn't put a lot of thought into my clothing ensembles for the parks. I went for cool and comfortable. This particular day to MK, I was wearing a light colored ( and thin) pair of shorts.
Well, of course we rode Splash. Of course I got soaked. Of course I got out of the ride and not thinking of anything except where to next.
Until my DH starts singing "Blue Moon".
My light and thin and wet and transparent shorts were showing off my lovely blue underpants.
ROTFL!!!!!!! Especially the DH singing part!!!
Old 07-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #26
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

These are so funny!

A few years ago I had just gone thru the whole watch your language with my DH and grown DS, telling them we were in Disney there are familys around!

We were walking through Frontierland, on the bridge or whatever and I slept on some ice cream that was on the ground almost falling and scaring myself so badly that I screamed out a VERY undisney word, at which several families stopped to look at me and give me dirty looks! I was mortified, apologizing to anyone and everyone around me, while DH and DS laughed hysterically at the irony!

The rest of the trip they kept telling me "This is Disney dangit (but the other word) watch your mouth!"
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012

bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #27
rickers353
I'm All Ears

Without a doubt it was DHS for me.

My DW and DS(8) wanted to sleep in a little and meet us later so my other DS(12) and I wanted to take advantage of the extra hour morning opening
We hit the Tower of Terror and Aerosmith Roller Coaster, then headed to breakfast. Once we finished we seen this beautiful old time white car across the street with an older man and younger man in it.
They were on the sidewalk arguing, so I told my son to get in front of the car and I would take his pic. HUGE MISTAKE!

It turned out they were street performers and the younger one asked my son what he to their car and got him laughing so hard it grew a crowd. I stepped back on the side walk to hear the "Uncle" with a loud booming voise say "Hey burly man with the pink cameRAAAAAH, come back" He asked why I had a pink ceamraaaaah, and told him about my DW. He asked where my wife was and when nobody stepped forward he let me have it with both barrels. He kept showing people the pink cameraaaah and making comments about it, at one point he gave it to a girl and told her it matched her outfit better than mine.

Anyway, DS and I spent 15 minutes being part of their routine, at one poitn his Nephew said if my face turned any redder I would match the camera. They let my DS climb on the car and had someone take a group photo of all four of us.

The jest of the story was the newphew wanted to act, the uncle said he had no experience, so the nephew was trying to get people to sign a petition. My DS got to go around asking for signature in the crowd.

It was embarrasing at the time, REALLY, but I would not trade that moment for anything. My sond still teases me once and a while and calls me the burly man with the pink cameraaaah.

Another Disney Magical Moment!
rickers353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #28
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
These are so funny!

A few years ago I had just gone thru the whole watch your language with my DH and grown DS, telling them we were in Disney there are familys around!

We were walking through Frontierland, on the bridge or whatever and I slept on some ice cream that was on the ground almost falling and scaring myself so badly that I screamed out a VERY undisney word, at which several families stopped to look at me and give me dirty looks! I was mortified, apologizing to anyone and everyone around me, while DH and DS laughed hysterically at the irony!

The rest of the trip they kept telling me "This is Disney dangit (but the other word) watch your mouth!"
Omg that's hilarious.

We were trying to catch Terrance in Pixie Hollow and the CM had assured me he was in there as were waiting to go in. Bearing in mind this is our third time waiting in line for an hour trying to catch him! We round the corner and there's Rosetta... AGAIN. My reaction? I dropped the F bomb. Loudly. So loudly Rosetta heard me @_@ I'm still surprised she didn't throw pixie dust in my face to cleanse me. My husband was mortified and STILL brings it up 3 years later if I ever dare tell him to watch his mouth!

Pixie Hollow has been tainted by my potty mouth.

aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #29
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post

Omg that's hilarious.

We were trying to catch Terrance in Pixie Hollow and the CM had assured me he was in there as were waiting to go in. Bearing in mind this is our third time waiting in line for an hour trying to catch him! We round the corner and there's Rosetta... AGAIN. My reaction? I dropped the F bomb. Loudly. So loudly Rosetta heard me @_@ I'm still surprised she didn't throw pixie dust in my face to cleanse me. My husband was mortified and STILL brings it up 3 years later if I ever dare tell him to watch his mouth!

Pixie Hollow has been tainted by my potty mouth.
Love it!!! I feel better! I say it's Terrance fault! Lol

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012

bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #30
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

On Space Mountain last year I had my hair up with one of those 'donut' ring things to make your bun look all nice and perfect. I clearly hadn't secured it tightly enough as it shot out of my hair and smacked the person behind me in the face!!

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

smallblackstars is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: