Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #31
tessasmom
Mouseketeer

Agree! I loved your dress!! It looks like Dad had a great Father's Day! I can't wait to hear more!

AoA 11/2013~Fantasy Eastern 11/2013
DREAM 12/4/2011~POP 12/1/2011~WDW too many times to count as a child!
tessasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #32
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disny_luvr View Post
Great TR so far ! I'm really enjoying it. Reading your TR is making me even more excited for my upcoming Eastern cruise on the Fantasy.
Me Too!!! Can't wait to meet you too!!!
Great TR! Subbing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessasmom View Post
Fancy meeting you here! Her TR is making me more excited too!
LOL Fancy meeting YOU here!

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #33
klineyqueen
I live in the country where nothing much happens

I love the formal dress!!! Beautiful. Enjoying your trip report and plan on reading it all!!! Keep it coming.

1991 - offsite w/ parents 1991 - offsite w/ band 1995 - ASMu 2002 - Caribbean Beach and 3 day Wonder 1/17/04 - Western Cruise-Magic 12/04 - Christmas in Disney8/05 - Pop Century 12/06- Double Dip Magic Cruise w/ POP & ASMu 6/07- Celebrated Mom's 50th Birthday - ASMo Trip for Free Meal Plan 8/07 - POP 6/09 - 12 days at POP8/12 Pop11/13 Fantastic Fantasy
klineyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:25 AM   #34
LITTLEKID58
Platinum Castaway

Subscribing we are going in Nov and this is so cool.. Like your formal dress where did you get it?
Old 07-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #35
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Your morning routine on the Fantasy was exactly the same as mine!
I'm also an early riser and using the gym as soon as it opens, quickly followed by a trip to the Cove Cafe is my idea of bliss
Love the empty ship first thing in the morning!
You got some really lovely family photos on formal night - I love your dress by the way
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #36
bobbi565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amityisland View Post
Maybe it was supposed to be a formal jacket (with the chocolates as buttons) since it was formal night?

Anyway, I loved your dress in the formal photos!
Your guess is as good as mine! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessasmom View Post
Agree! I loved your dress!! It looks like Dad had a great Father's Day! I can't wait to hear more!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klineyqueen View Post
I love the formal dress!!! Beautiful. Enjoying your trip report and plan on reading it all!!! Keep it coming.
Part 4 is in the works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLEKID58 View Post
Subscribing we are going in Nov and this is so cool.. Like your formal dress where did you get it?
Thanks! I picked up the gown for a song from Kohl's last summer when all their prom wear went on clearance! It was in the junior's department, and it was so easy to pack because it is polyester and does not wrinkle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Your morning routine on the Fantasy was exactly the same as mine!
I'm also an early riser and using the gym as soon as it opens, quickly followed by a trip to the Cove Cafe is my idea of bliss
Love the empty ship first thing in the morning!
You got some really lovely family photos on formal night - I love your dress by the way
You sound like a kindred spirit! I was checking out some of your food reviews...very nice! Thanks!
Cruises To Date:Jan. 25 - 28, 2007: 3 Night Bahamian on the Wonder May 3 - 10, 2008: 7 Night Western Caribbean on the Magic June 15 - 22, 2013: 7 Night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy June 13 - 20, 2015: 7 Night Western Caribbean on the Fantasy
Trips to WDW: 1972 - off site, 1974 - off site, July 1999 - Caribbean Beach, April 2010 - Pop Century, June 2012 - Pop Century, Dec. 2012 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, June 2014 - Pop Century
May 3-10 Western Trippie: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1726945 June 15 - 22 Eastern Trippie http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post48933156
bobbi565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #37
tessasmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbi565 View Post
Your guess is as good as mine! Thanks!

Thank you!

Part 4 is in the works!

Thanks! I picked up the gown for a song from Kohl's last summer when all their prom wear went on clearance! It was in the junior's department, and it was so easy to pack because it is polyester and does not wrinkle!

You sound like a kindred spirit! I was checking out some of your food reviews...very nice! Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
Me Too!!! Can't wait to meet you too!!!
Great TR! Subbing!!!

LOL Fancy meeting YOU here!
Hi Jill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klineyqueen View Post
Hi Brandi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLEKID58 View Post
Hi Liz!
We are all sailing together in November!

AoA 11/2013~Fantasy Eastern 11/2013
DREAM 12/4/2011~POP 12/1/2011~WDW too many times to count as a child!
tessasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #38
BEARCATS07
Mouseketeer

Joining in. Did you have to "pay" for the private event meet up?
BEARCATS07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:52 AM   #39
bobbi565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEARCATS07 View Post
Joining in. Did you have to "pay" for the private event meet up?
Nope! There was an option on the form to request food service, which I did not do, so I don't know if there's an additional charge for that, but just to reserve the room is absolutely free!
Welcome!
Cruises To Date:Jan. 25 - 28, 2007: 3 Night Bahamian on the Wonder May 3 - 10, 2008: 7 Night Western Caribbean on the Magic June 15 - 22, 2013: 7 Night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy June 13 - 20, 2015: 7 Night Western Caribbean on the Fantasy
Trips to WDW: 1972 - off site, 1974 - off site, July 1999 - Caribbean Beach, April 2010 - Pop Century, June 2012 - Pop Century, Dec. 2012 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, June 2014 - Pop Century
May 3-10 Western Trippie: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1726945 June 15 - 22 Eastern Trippie http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post48933156
Old 07-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #40
disny_luvr
DIS Veteran

It looks like you had a great first day at sea! I can't wait to read more.

Upcoming Trips:
Polynesian ~ August 1-August 4, 2014 (Just me and DH )
Disney Fantasy: 7-night Western ~ November 28-December 5, 2015
Past Trips:
* Disney Fantasy: 7-night Eastern Cruise ~ November/December, 2013 * Disney Magic: 2-night Cruise ~ August, 2012 * Beach Club Villas ~ June, 2012 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November/December, 2010 * POP/CBR ~ May, 2009 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November, 2004 * Dixie Landings ~ April, 1996 * CBR ~ June, 1991 * Fort Wilderness ~ June, 1984 *
disny_luvr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:09 PM   #41
bobbi565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It looks like you had a great first day at sea! I can't wait to read more.
Thanks! I'm trying to get part 4 up, but suddenly Photobucket keeps crashing Explorer when I try to copy my pictures into my report. I'll get it up as soon as I can!
Old 07-24-2013, 05:36 AM   #42
bobbi565
DIS Veteran

Day at Sea Number Two and Palo

I really loved our aft verandah stateroom! The views were spectacular and the verandah so spacious and comfortable. I enjoyed watching the wake of the ship cutting through the ocean…

…looking down at the hull art with its Dumbo statue…

…just hanging out!

After waking and spending a little time on my verandah, I decided to head back up to the comfy padded loungers in the adults area with my NOOK and camera to read and maybe get some nice sunrise pictures. In what would become a recurring theme on this cruise, the sunrise was extremely devoid of color. I was able to witness some nice golden beams of light that could have been excerpted from a Spielberg film, but none of the breathtaking bands of rose, violet, and amber that I so love.

As I lounged, read, and gazed at the horizon, I became aware of a familiar face moving around by the rail. I made eye contact, and she waved and headed my way to say hello. It turned out to be luvavacation from our Meet thread and Facebook group. She settled onto the lounger next to me, and we started chatting like old friends. We spent the next hour in companionable discussion of our love of Disney, our families, and other topics culminating in an amazing story of her first Disney cruise which found her on Castaway Cay on September 11, 2001. Her recounting of how Disney handled this event was amazing! If you have a trip report here with the story, luvavacation, feel free to link to it here.

When we’d talked ourselves out and parted ways, I headed over to Cabanas for breakfast. Today’s Eggs Benedict variation was florentine…yummy! I grabbed my usual table by the rail and ate and read. When I was finished, I made a beeline to the pastry area and piled some croissants on a plate then filled up a glass of apple juice to take DS breakfast in bed. He’d discovered croissants on the Norwegian Jewel and seems to crave them on vacation since then for some reason. I threw a Mickey waffle on there for good measure, his breakfast of choice at WDW, and returned to our room.

Both of my boys were still fast asleep, so I popped back out to my verandah to read some more. I had a nice relaxing time out there, and then I became aware of DS beginning to stir within. I popped inside and pointed out the “room service” breakfast I’d delivered, and he began to munch happily. I asked him what he wanted to do today, and he announced he wanted to try another round of the Detective Agency game. He got dressed, and we headed down to deck two to start a new game. This time we tried The Case of the Missing Puppies, a 101 Dalmations mystery. DS solved this one handily, and we headed back to our stateroom to find DH awake.

We decided we’d go over to Cabanas for lunch, and then head up top to try some Goofy mini golf. A typical Cabanas lunch for me: a pile of steamed shrimp, some mussels, a plate of sushi, and some kind of salad. On this plate, I have a small helping of the duck and avocado salad, which was very tasty.

We went to deck twelve and found the line for golf. It wasn’t too terribly long and, as the holes are pretty small, it moved fast. We waited 5 – 10 minutes before we began to play. The course is really cute!

You have two choices: Max’s putt, the easier shot, and Goofy’s putt, the more challenging shot. These are indicated by an icon on the green for ball placement and dottted lines to suggest the trajectory of the ball.

We breezed through the nine holes, and speaking of “breeze”, I found myself wishing I’d brought along something with which to tie back my hair! It was so windy up there, my hair was blowing wildly. In the end, DH won with a score of 31, DS was second at 34, and I was dead last at 35.

After mini golf, we decided to head to the pool. DH had still not tried the Aquaduck, and DS wanted to ride with him. The boys got on line, and I found a seat near the pool. I read and waited, and eventually I spotted them zipping throught the tube in enough time to catch this shot.

DH was not a big fan of the Aquaduck. He was uncomfortable getting in and out of the raft, and didn’t particularly enjoy the ride. Oh well, two out of three ain’t bad! He recovered by relaxing poolside with me and a soft serve cone as DS played again in the Goofy pool, and we watched “Tangled” on Funnel Vision. After a while, DH decided to return to the room, and DS and I remained.

After the movie ended, DS and I returned to the room. DH and I had 6:30 reservations at Palo this evening, and I wanted to start getting dressed. I planned to grab a plate of food for DS at Cabanas and drop him off at OL before DH and I went on our “date”. I had spoken to one of the counselors at Oceaneer’s when we went to the open house on embarkation day about DS’s sensory issues and his aversion to the bulky bracelet, and she was very helpful and understanding. She said we could try a looser band or putting it on his ankle instead of his wrist. She was extremely willing to work with him and us, and that made me very happy.

DH was napping when we returned to the room. DS settled in to another round of “I’m in the Band” while I jumped in the shower. As I was finishing up getting dressed and made up, DH began to stir, and he began his ablutions. I grabbed DS and planned to bring him to Cabanas, have him eat, then drop him off at the club before swinging back to the room for DH. Silly me for not checking the schedule! No buffet at Cabanas at 5:45! I figured we could get “his royal pickiness” something at Tow Mater’s grill. I was a little concerned about having to walk out onto the Lido deck with my freshly coiffed head, but a mother’s got to do what a mother’s got to do, so I forged ahead. We stepped up to the counter, and I braced myself for the inevitable, “say what?” and strange looks as I ordered a plate of french fries and a plain hot dog bun, hold the hot dog. The CM behind the counter only took a beat to stare blankly at me before preparing our plate without further question. We decided to take it back to the room where DS scarfed down his carbs with a glass of apple juice and some more “I’m in the Band”.

DH and I walked DS down to the check-in area at the kids’ club, and I explained the bracelet situation again, fishing it out of my purse. The young lady at the desk cut another length of strap and tried fastening it around DS’s ankle. “How’s that feel?” I asked him.
“OK, I guess,” he replied doubtfully, but he seemed willing to give it a try, so I received my hugs and kisses and off DH and I went for “grown-ups’ night out.”

We set out for deck twelve and soon found ourselves at the entrance to Palo. We were a few minutes early for our reservation, so we were asked to wait in the lounge until our table was ready. Meridian has the feel of an upscale men’s club with dark wood, brass, marble, and leather. Of course, the real attraction is the expansive ocean views available both on the outdoor seating area or within through large glass balcony doors etched with a world map.

DS ordered a beer, and I stuck with an iced tea at this point, saving the alcohol as an accompaniment to the meal.

After about fifteen agreeable minutes socializing in Meridian, the Palo hostess came in to direct us to our table. It was right next to the windows, which was nice!

Our server was Nikola from Serbia. He was amazing; quite possibly the most personable server I’ve ever had. I’ve never seen a food service professional describe the menu with such passion! Either he’s an amazing actor, or he REALLY loves food. Everything about this evening was delightful: the atmosphere, the service, the food and beverage, and of course the charming company! It’s definitely worth the modest surcharge. I always mean to remember to photograph my food, but when it arrives, I usually get too eager to eat to remember to do so, but my Tuna Carpaccio and Lemon Oil Dressing was so beautiful, I immediately thought to take a shot!

DH got the Grilled Shrimp appetizer and the Beef Tenderloin Palo for dinner. I stuck with a theme and ordered the Grilled Tuna for dinner. We each got the infamous Palo’s Chocolate Soufflé for dessert and had a glass of chianti with our meal which was very satisfying. During our meal, we asked Nikola to take a picture of us. He cracked us up by clowning around holding the camera backward and taking an “unintentional” selfie…

…before figuring it out and taking this shot.

Not too long after that, a Shutters photographer came around.

After our dessert and coffee, we strolled down to deck five to pick up DS. DH was pretty anxious to get down to O’Gills to watch the second game of the Stanley Cup. I’d neglected to mention in Part 2 how much he’d enjoyed watching game one even though there were far more Chicago fans than fellow Bruins fans there. He’d seen them win in 2011 on the Norwegian Jewel and was hoping for another victory at sea!

DS’d had a good time, but was ready to rejoin us when we arrived. One of the CM’s on duty told me that he’d removed the bracelet from his ankle after only a little while and put it in his pocket. She said that they didn’t really have a problem with that except for the risk of it falling out and getting lost (you are charged $50 for a lost device, which apparently contains an RFID chip). She suggested clipping it to a belt loop or other garment for our next visit.

We found Bugs here waiting for us when we returned to our room.

Next up: St. Maarten and Pirate Night

Last edited by bobbi565; 07-24-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #43
disny_luvr
DIS Veteran

It looks like you guys had another great day at sea. The food offerings at Cabanas look delish. I'm so glad you posted some pics of mini-golf. I think my boys are most looking forward to playing Goofy golf. Your Palo dinner looked wonderful. We had a CM at Disney once do the same thing Nikola did with your camera - take a picture of himself. My boys thought it was the funniest thing ever.

Upcoming Trips:
Polynesian ~ August 1-August 4, 2014 (Just me and DH )
Disney Fantasy: 7-night Western ~ November 28-December 5, 2015
Past Trips:
* Disney Fantasy: 7-night Eastern Cruise ~ November/December, 2013 * Disney Magic: 2-night Cruise ~ August, 2012 * Beach Club Villas ~ June, 2012 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November/December, 2010 * POP/CBR ~ May, 2009 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November, 2004 * Dixie Landings ~ April, 1996 * CBR ~ June, 1991 * Fort Wilderness ~ June, 1984 *
disny_luvr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #44
bobbi565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It looks like you guys had another great day at sea. The food offerings at Cabanas look delish. I'm so glad you posted some pics of mini-golf. I think my boys are most looking forward to playing Goofy golf. Your Palo dinner looked wonderful. We had a CM at Disney once do the same thing Nikola did with your camera - take a picture of himself. My boys thought it was the funniest thing ever.
The mini golf was so cute, but my DS really enjoyed the Midship Detect Agency most of all. Cabanas really had something for everyone at lunch time.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #45
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Really enjoying your report! You have great taste in clothing. I love both your dresses so far.

Thank you for so much information - I never thought about cruising on the Fantasy, but then this great deal came along . . . So now I NEED information, lol.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: