Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 08:33 AM   #3691
neverlandfamily
Earning My Ears

Magic bands

Our magic bands were just delivered! We are so excited for our stay at Pop next month and can't wait to try the magic bands!

Next trip: Pop August 2014
POP 8/13, POP 8/12, POP 8/11, ASM 9/10
Old 07-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #3692
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverlandfamily View Post
Our magic bands were just delivered! We are so excited for our stay at Pop next month and can't wait to try the magic bands!
I'm waiting for mine to say shipped! My deadline to personalize them was Saturday. When I check MDE it says "you have 0 Magic Bands to personalize", but my FP+ reservations are still there.

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #3693
gillenkl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mine just arrived too!! They are so cute!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #3694
neverlandfamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205 View Post
I'm waiting for mine to say shipped! My deadline to personalize them was Saturday. When I check MDE it says "you have 0 Magic Bands to personalize", but my FP+ reservations are still there.
It's so exciting! We haven't figured out our fast pass + yet
We have never been big fast pass users except for the safari at AK and TSM at HS so choosing the rides and times is a little overwhelming to us. We definitely want to pick some so we can truly test the new system but we are having a hard time commiting to the times! Any advice would be great!

Old 07-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #3695
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It's so exciting! We haven't figured out our fast pass + yet
We have never been big fast pass users except for the safari at AK and TSM at HS so choosing the rides and times is a little overwhelming to us. We definitely want to pick some so we can truly test the new system but we are having a hard time commiting to the times! Any advice would be great!
For us, I know that we will be taking pool breaks after an early lunch (goal is to eat lunch around 11am). I know my kids' favorites at MK, so I made sure to get FP for those for our first MK day. They are back-to-back FP times, all before 1pm.
On our Epcot FW day, I got FPs for the big ones, TT and Soarin', with the character spot in between. Again, these are all done by noon.
On my last MK day, I was able to get FPs for both parades and Wishes, so we will likely not come to the park until 2pm.
This will be a leisurely touring trip for us, so the days we use up our FPs by early afternoon, we will likely not return to the park and do something else in the evening (putt-putt, DTD, Movie Under the Stars, etc.)

If I were commando touring or going at a cooler time of year, I might have chosen differently.

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
Old 07-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #3696
IheartAriel
Mouseketeer

Frozen Cokes?

Anyone know if they still have the frozen coke machines at Pop?
Old 07-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #3697
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartAriel View Post
Anyone know if they still have the frozen coke machines at Pop?
Sadly, no. My kids were VERY sad when they were removed. They were replaced with iced tea dispensers.

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

Old 07-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #3698
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Summit Cheer in May 2014

Can someone tell me how the Summit Cheerleading impacts Pop Century? We are looking to go April 27th or the following weekend of May 3rd or 4th I believe. I know that first weekend of the 27th is Cheer Worlds and then the following is Summit Cheer. We have never stayed value and am a bit concerned about these dates and having mobs of cheerleaders at Pop!
Old 07-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #3699
IheartAriel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeschoolmomof4 View Post
Sadly, no. My kids were VERY sad when they were removed. They were replaced with iced tea dispensers.
Bummer! That was one of the best features. Thanks for the reply!
Old 07-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #3700
neverlandfamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205 View Post
For us, I know that we will be taking pool breaks after an early lunch (goal is to eat lunch around 11am). I know my kids' favorites at MK, so I made sure to get FP for those for our first MK day. They are back-to-back FP times, all before 1pm.
On our Epcot FW day, I got FPs for the big ones, TT and Soarin', with the character spot in between. Again, these are all done by noon.
On my last MK day, I was able to get FPs for both parades and Wishes, so we will likely not come to the park until 2pm.
This will be a leisurely touring trip for us, so the days we use up our FPs by early afternoon, we will likely not return to the park and do something else in the evening (putt-putt, DTD, Movie Under the Stars, etc.)

If I were commando touring or going at a cooler time of year, I might have chosen differently.
Thanks for sharing your strategy for choosing and planning your fast passes. I need to sit down with our ADR schedule and decide which days will be commando and which days will be slower paced and go from there. Thanks again!

Old 07-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #3701
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartAriel View Post
Bummer! That was one of the best features. Thanks for the reply!
The frozen coke machines were removed many years ago. Even when they were there, they worked only about 1/2 the time.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #3702
tmrose03
Mouseketeer

Planning a Nov. 2014 trip. What request could Make if I want a lake view in the tramp #3 building? Can you request room numbers? Thanks!

Jan. 2014 Our First DCL Cruise-Wonder

April 2015 Our 2nd WDW Trip

Old 07-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #3703
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
The frozen coke machines were removed many years ago. Even when they were there, they worked only about 1/2 the time.
Yep, they've been gone since at least April 2009. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2159724
Old 07-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #3704
Gibbygirl
why am I here when I should be there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmrose03 View Post
Planning a Nov. 2014 trip. What request could Make if I want a lake view in the tramp #3 building? Can you request room numbers? Thanks!
I'm certainly no expert as we just returned from our first stay at POP but I'll share our experience. We requested 50's section/building #3/lakeview. We got just what we requested and were placed on the "back" side of the Tramp building. We were on the second floor so not exactly "lakeview" except for thru the trees. It was a pretty view though. I more wanted a non pool view room than the actual lakeview.

I don't know that I would do it by requesting a specific room number. If that room is not available then they don't really know what you were looking for. As others on here have suggested, I would have your requests in the order of importance noted on your reservation. You can always ask for a different room if the one assigned is not what you want.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #3705
tmrose03
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbygirl

I'm certainly no expert as we just returned from our first stay at POP but I'll share our experience. We requested 50's section/building #3/lakeview. We got just what we requested and were placed on the "back" side of the Tramp building. We were on the second floor so not exactly "lakeview" except for thru the trees. It was a pretty view though. I more wanted a non pool view room than the actual lakeview.

I don't know that I would do it by requesting a specific room number. If that room is not available then they don't really know what you were looking for. As others on here have suggested, I would have your requests in the order of importance noted on your reservation. You can always ask for a different room if the one assigned is not what you want.
Thank you! That is what I was wondering. I was going to use a room number for reference. But didn't think about just saying lake view. That would be easier. Thanks again!

Jan. 2014 Our First DCL Cruise-Wonder

April 2015 Our 2nd WDW Trip

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: