Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #1
red712371
Mouseketeer

Concierge Requests?

I think my husband finally decided to spring for the Poly Club Level!

That being said, we have been chatting about this: What are some concierge requests that you have made in the past that were granted that really made your stay special or what are some unusual requests that you have heard made that were granted?

I would just love hearing about this. We are fairly simple and don't require or expect special treatment, but we would love to hear some stories.
red712371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Aside from room requests, and booking the Sunrise Safari at AKL we didn't make any requests.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #3
Linleedo
Mouseketeer

At the Yacht Club Club level we were surprised with champagne & chocolate covered strawberries for our 30th Anniversary! We were shocked when we arrived back at our room after a long day in the park, and it was there waiting for us after our dinner reservation!. The staff is so caring. We bought a Little Mermaid doll for our grand-daughter & had it delivered to our room. We found out that she already had this doll & we wanted to switch it to a Belle doll.It was our last evening there. Unbelievably, a " runner" was sent out to retrieve the new doll & brought it to us. It's reasons like these that we love the concierge level. The staff is pleased to provide service. The food, drinks & service is outstanding. I am sure you will love the pampering and service that is provided at the Club level. Enjoy!
Linleedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #4
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Once you are onsite, the Poly CL staff may be able to fulfill some special requests, but I have found CL pre-planning has gone way down hill over the years. CL used to contact you almost immediately after you booked to see if you needed help planning your vacation. We have stayed CL twice just this past year and will stay BC-CL in a few weeks - no one ever contacted me for any of these trips.

We stayed Poly CL in 2008 for my son's first trip and to celebrate his birthday (we were contacted pre-arrival for this trip). When we arrived in our room, we found balloons, a birthday card signed by Pluto and a Polynesian Resort chocolate bar.

GF RPC last year, we got nothing. In fact, we had booked a King room for the three of us (I thought it had a sleeper sofa), checked in and only discovered when it was time to go to bed that it wasn't a sleeper sofa. The CL CM who checked us in IN our room never mentioned there was no sleeper and we would need a rollaway for our son. We then called housekeeping 3 times to get a bed for our son to sleep in.

At YC-CL last year, we checked in at 3 pm and there was no room ready. At 4 pm, still no room. The CL CM explained they wanted to give us a room to fulfill ALL of our requests - I had requested a room with at least 2 queens or a king with a day bed . . . . that's pretty much any room.

I'm sorry to be such a downer. We still stay CL and I enjoy it, but really only for access to the CL lounge. I do all of my own reservations, I note room requests on our reservation (and note celebrations, too), but I expect nothing from the CL staff except courteousness and help if I need to change/cancel/book something while I'm onsite.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:00 PM   #5
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I agree with PP. Club level stays when I started 14 years ago were different. I did 3 CL stays last year and I was not contacted and there was nothing more special than the lounge I paid for.

One thing you can get by staying CL; Disney Florist can have things waiting in your room upon arrival since CL rooms are assigned in advance of check in.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #6
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I think these examples are more of why you should let pixie dust fly when it wants, versus expecting it to happen.

Some people have an outstanding (like out of the ordinary) experience and expect that to happen every time. Then, when it doesn't, service is considered to be going downhill....

We stayed at YC CL in April, and the pixie dust flew in ways we never expected! We were upgraded to a lagoon view room (from standard), we were chosen as family of the day and had balloons and chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate Minnie Mouse waiting in our room upon arrival. We came back to our room one day during this same stay to more balloons and a card for our DD who was celebrating her birthday, along with a voicemail from the fan five.

We did not expect those things to happen. We did not feel that we were entitled to those things because we were paying for CL. We just felt lucky to have gotten those little extras.

When we book another CL trip, I will expect, IPO planning assistance, friendly customer service and a lounge to have snacks and drinks in...because that's all we are paying for. The extras (if they come) would be icing on the cake. But, if we did not get any extras, I would not say service is going downhill, I would just say that the one time we got the extras was extraordinary.

If you go in with expectations beyond the services offered, that's where disappointment could come in.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:12 PM   #7
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I think these examples are more of why you should let pixie dust fly when it wants, versus expecting it to happen.

Some people have an outstanding (like out of the ordinary) experience and expect that to happen every time. Then, when it doesn't, service is considered to be going downhill....

We stayed at YC CL in April, and the pixie dust flew in ways we never expected! We were upgraded to a lagoon view room (from standard), we were chosen as family of the day and had balloons and chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate Minnie Mouse waiting in our room upon arrival. We came back to our room one day during this same stay to more balloons and a card for our DD who was celebrating her birthday, along with a voicemail from the fan five.

We did not expect those things to happen. We did not feel that we were entitled to those things because we were paying for CL. We just felt lucky to have gotten those little extras.

When we book another CL trip, I will expect, IPO planning assistance, friendly customer service and a lounge to have snacks and drinks in...because that's all we are paying for. The extras (if they come) would be icing on the cake. But, if we did not get any extras, I would not say service is going downhill, I would just say that the one time we got the extras was extraordinary.

If you go in with expectations beyond the services offered, that's where disappointment could come in.
Very well said. And I completely agree with this. Bravo!
Old 07-21-2013, 10:52 PM   #8
karenklo
DIS Veteran

We have stayed CL for Poly and AKL. WE have always been contacted by CL and asked if there was anything we needed them to do. THey will make all your ressies for you and want to know if you are celebrating anything. We leave this week for the POLY CL and cannot wait to be there again!
Old 07-22-2013, 07:48 AM   #9
Jen7079
Mouseketeer

I have never had any problem...

My up coming trip will be my 3rd experience with CL.

The first time doesn't count us we got a boatload of pixie dust and we were upgraded form a water view room to a Deluxe CL water view room. They went above and beyond for us It was my birthday and they left presents in my room every night, taffy, chocolate and cards. Not knowing that was going to happen we didn't use them for any of our planning. However after that CL trip I don't think I can go back

In June we stayed CL BC and the IPO department was extremely helpful. They did reach out to us and they got every reservation we requested. (This is a little hard for me because half the fun of planning a trip is making all the dining reservation)

In October we are staying CL BW and again the IPO has reached out to me and is making all my F&W reservations. If they hadn't reached out to me first I would have emailed them.

Jennifer
Jen7079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #10
DisneyMim
DIS Veteran

I agree with some of the posters that say it was different years ago. I have noticed that CL has gone way down over the years. There used to be so much more, more and different foods, way better service, more attentive CMS, more little perks. Not so much anymore. IMHO and THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION, people are expecting "pixie dust" (CL or non CL) more today than in the past. Everyone seems to want something extra and then get disappointed if it doesn't happen. With that being said, the last time I stayed CL the CMS really didn't do much about our dinner ressies. We ended making all of them ourselves. The food in the lounge wasn't replaced enough and the people who got there first were piling their plates and not leaving enough for the next person. CL is still nice, but not like it used to be.

Enjoy The Magic!!
DisneyMim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #11
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

The Poly Club does everything for me! :D

Katie
Princess Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: