Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #1
Ashleyfaz
Mouseketeer

With the possibility of free dining in November, I am thinking of extending my stay. We love WL and its close proximity to MK, poly for ohana and contemporary for CM. We have ADRs at BOG, CM and ohana breakfast and dinner.

We are currently booked 4 nights at WL (M-F during thanksgiving week).

If FD is offered, I'm thinking of switching to POR for 6 nights (Sat- F same week).

Will we be disappointed? I do not know iif I'll like the larger resorts. I like how WL is small and roaring forks was so close to our room and we didn't have to leave the building to get anything. We also had a partial view of Wishes at night.

How does POR compare?
Ashleyfaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyfaz View Post
With the possibility of free dining in November, I am thinking of extending my stay. We love WL and its close proximity to MK, poly for ohana and contemporary for CM. We have ADRs at BOG, CM and ohana breakfast and dinner.

We are currently booked 4 nights at WL (M-F during thanksgiving week).

If FD is offered, I'm thinking of switching to POR for 6 nights (Sat- F same week).

Will we be disappointed? I do not know iif I'll like the larger resorts. I like how WL is small and roaring forks was so close to our room and we didn't have to leave the building to get anything. We also had a partial view of Wishes at night.

How does POR compare?
I can't compare the two as we've never stayed at POR, but we love the WL. With that said, if it were me, I'd stick with the WL. We've stayed at one mod (CBR) and loved everything about it, but once we stayed deluxe, we haven't stayed anything else since. I won't say that you will be disappointed as everyone's opinions/expectations are different, but for ME, I would stay with the WL. I am in the minority that I would choose a deluxe for less nights over a mod for more nights, but that's just me .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #3
Cruisefan2
DIS Veteran

If you can go to PORFQ i find it much nicer then PORRS. I don't think you will be disappointed we find it nice and it is very close to Epcot and Hollywood studios.

4 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream 2/17/13
7 night Medderiteranian Cruise on the Magic 7/30/11
7 night Eastern Caribbean on the Magic 2/11/06
Cruisefan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:23 PM   #4
kandb
DIS Veteran

Don't think they will offer free dining for week of Thanksgiving. It's a very busy week.
kandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:27 PM   #5
Ashleyfaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
Don't think they will offer free dining for week of Thanksgiving. It's a very busy week.
On another board, saturday 11/23 is included. It has not officially been announced yet, but was included in the pins sent out in May. Just about everyone around me got one (except me).
Ashleyfaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: