Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #16
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorjus121 View Post
Thanks for the tips. We were originally thinking the Hawaii or Samoa Longhouse, but I then read that Hawaii is club-level only.
Yes, Hawaii is all CL. We stayed in Samoa and loved it. We had a first floor room facing the quiet pool and we never had a problem with noise. As others have said, you may experience noise if you are on the other side facing the volcano pool, but we were fine where we were at. We loved Samoa as it was very convenient to everything as it was just steps from the GCH, volcano pool, the beach, and Captain Cooks.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:32 PM   #17
kpm76
DIS Veteran
Charlie Brown is competing with my college basketball game

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungaloosh22 View Post
Plus you can have a great view from Rapa Nui, if you have the garden side. We stayed there once and I loved the view! I imagine the parking lot side isn't great, though I haven't experienced that myself.
We loved Rapa Nui. We were on the parking lot side but we also had a view of the monorail, which is cool. What I loved most about Rapa Nui though was that it is a 2 min walk to Tickets & Transportation, which means that getting to the MK and Epcot is super easy. I think Rapa Nui is closed right now though so check before requesting...
kpm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #18
flamark
Mouseketeer

We have stayed in Samoa and Tahiti and didn't find either to be loud at all. We prefer Samoa because of its closeness to the GCH, pools, and transportation. Tahiti is nice but far from the GCH, although very close to TTC. If EPCOT is a major focus of your trip this may be nice as well.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #19
jperrot1
DIS Veteran

I think I would request Rapa Nui. And, if you have a car, there is a small (not main) parking lot right by Rapa Nui. It is a very quiet location. But, it is one of the farthest from the magic Kingdom monorail. But that does not make it far. Rather, it is a few minutes walk to the magic kingdom monorail from rapa nui. But, it is the closest to the Epcot monorail at ticket and transportation center.
jperrot1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: