Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
Missyk1124
Mouseketeer

Elevators at POR?

Are there elevators at POR? If not, I wouldn't want to be upstairs with all the luggage and strollers we'll have.
Missyk1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #2
karly05
DIS Veteran

Elevators in the Mansions, but not in the Alligator Bayou bldgs.
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
karly05 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
minnierocks
DIS Veteran

And a warning about the ones in the mansions...we had only one elevator in our whole section! That means that all three buildings shared an elevator. My parent's room was about as far from that elevator as possible, which meant that they had to walk all the way around all the rooms to get to theirs...and it was quite a distance. We had noted that they had mobility issues and they couldn't understand why this room was not going to work. They finally moved them to a first floor room, but if I had lots of stuff to haul again, I would definitely note just how far the room was from the elevator.
Spring Break Trip 2011
Thanksgiving 2008
Thanksgiving 2007
*October 2006...Keys to the Kingdom
Keys to the Kingdom TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&page=1&pp=15

*Thanksgiving 2005
*February 2004
minnierocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:00 AM   #4
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnierocks View Post
And a warning about the ones in the mansions...we had only one elevator in our whole section! That means that all three buildings shared an elevator. My parent's room was about as far from that elevator as possible, which meant that they had to walk all the way around all the rooms to get to theirs...and it was quite a distance. We had noted that they had mobility issues and they couldn't understand why this room was not going to work. They finally moved them to a first floor room, but if I had lots of stuff to haul again, I would definitely note just how far the room was from the elevator.
I don't see how that is possible. Each building is separate from the others. Unless you mean each building only had one elevator. I know that Magnolia Terrace had its own elevator.

As an FYI there are 4 buildings that make up the Mansion section, not 3.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:12 AM   #5
iteachlit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post

I don't see how that is possible. Each building is separate from the others. Unless you mean each building only had one elevator. I know that Magnolia Terrace had its own elevator.

As an FYI there are 4 buildings that make up the Mansion section, not 3.
Take a look at an aerial view. Each unit -- you are correct that there are four -- is comprised of multiple buildings that are "tied" together. Some appear to have three or four wings. I'm pretty sure that's what the PP meant by "three buildings" with only one elevator.

This same technique is used in the value resorts, with the T-shaped buildings being comprised of three individual structures tied together by a common bridged area.

Aug. 2014: Beach Club Villas June 2014: Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Nov. 2013: Animal Kingdom Villas: Kidani Village (MINECON!) Sep. 2013 Treehouse Villas Aug. 2011: Animal Kingdom Villas, Kidani Village Jul. 2010: Animal Kingdom Villas, Jambo House Nov. 2009: Beach Club Villas Aug. 2009: Saratoga Springs Resort Jun. 2008: Hilton Head Island Resort (First DVC Trip) Jul. 2007: Wilderness Lodge (10th Anniversary w/o Kids!) Jun. 2006: All Star Movies Jul. 1997: Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon) May 1995: Dixie Landings (POR) Apr. 1993: Caribbean Beach Jun. 1991: Grand Floridian Concierge 1990: Offsite 1986: Offsite
iteachlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:13 AM   #6
CTPacky

DIS Veteran

Each mansion building has a main portion, or center section, which is 3 floors, and attached "wings", which are 2 floors. Only the main section has the elevators. It can be quite a walk in from the wings to the elevators.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:14 AM   #7
minnierocks
DIS Veteran

I should clarify...we stayed in Acadian House, which has one main "U" section and two smaller unattached buildings. So there are three buildings in that section, but the main part with the elevator has three "wings", as stated by previous post. My parents were located in the very top of the "U" facing a parking lot. The elevator is located in the bottom center part of the "U" which is the farthest you can get from the elevator. It is quite a haul to get from point A to point B, especially if you have lots of stuff or mobility issues.
They moved them to a first floor in the small unattached building that was close to the bus stop...it was a great location! Easy to unload/reload luggage and short walk to the bus stop.
Spring Break Trip 2011
Thanksgiving 2008
Thanksgiving 2007
*October 2006...Keys to the Kingdom
Keys to the Kingdom TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&page=1&pp=15

*Thanksgiving 2005
*February 2004
minnierocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #8
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTPacky View Post
Each mansion building has a main portion, or center section, which is 3 floors, and attached "wings", which are 2 floors. Only the main section has the elevators. It can be quite a walk in from the wings to the elevators.
Just for clarity's sake, only 2 of the 4 mansion buildings have extra outlying buildings that are not attached. Two of them are shaped like H's.

It does seem strange that they would have separate buildings but not put elevators in them. At least in the AB section you know you only have to go up one set of stairs.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #9
Missyk1124
Mouseketeer

We are staying in a royal guest room. What part of the building should I request to be near an elevator? Or should I just request a first floor room?
Missyk1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #10
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyk1124 View Post
We are staying in a royal guest room. What part of the building should I request to be near an elevator? Or should I just request a first floor room?
You best bet would be to make your room request as "close to elevator".
Old 07-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #11
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyk1124 View Post
I would request near elevator or ground floor. Put both on your request, in order of importance to you.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: