Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #2416
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
Couldn't find it in the thread. Maybe I forgot to post it when I got back.

This is so cute! Given me lots of ideas thanks for posting!
Old 07-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #2417
sjv919
Mouseketeer

So I have tried twice to try to price out a cake for delivery to the Grand Floridian for the end of August and both times they did not want to talk to me until the last week of August closer to the date and have not budged whenever I told them I'm trying to budget my money appropriately and wanted to know the price I'd be looking at long before a freaking week out from the cake. I didn't have this issue ordering for mid-May in mid-April, and now I'm having this issue. Is this typical? I recently got a quote for the same cake on the same date no problem from the Contemporary and am now considering just ordering it there if GF private dining is gonna give me issues about it.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #2418
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjv919 View Post
So I have tried twice to try to price out a cake for delivery to the Grand Floridian for the end of August and both times they did not want to talk to me until the last week of August closer to the date and have not budged whenever I told them I'm trying to budget my money appropriately and wanted to know the price I'd be looking at long before a freaking week out from the cake. I didn't have this issue ordering for mid-May in mid-April, and now I'm having this issue. Is this typical? I recently got a quote for the same cake on the same date no problem from the Contemporary and am now considering just ordering it there if GF private dining is gonna give me issues about it.
I'm not sure if the response is typical but I was always under the impression cake orders were done no more than 2 or 3 weeks out. You could try and get a quote with a closer date and tell them plans changed and officially order it later maybe?

Old 07-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #2419
JediBonas
DIS Veteran

Can you order decorated/themed mini cakes? We'll be celebrating our twins' second bday and I'd like them each to get their own cake and but two of the small cakes would just be too much food. I was thinking of having them the night we eat at Captains Grill (we're also staying at Yacht Club).
Old 07-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #2420
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediBonas View Post
Can you order decorated/themed mini cakes? We'll be celebrating our twins' second bday and I'd like them each to get their own cake and but two of the small cakes would just be too much food. I was thinking of having them the night we eat at Captains Grill (we're also staying at Yacht Club).
I ordered a pirate themed mini cake. I have seen pictures of others somewhere. Just be warned there is only so much surface area so it is harder to convey certain things. I loved the pirate one for my DH, it was cute but not too over the top
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 07-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #2421
tarar714
Earning My Ears

Pat made my niece an awesome and delicious Minnie cheerleader themed cake for her 9th birthday for our dinner at 1900 Park Faire! It was red velvet with a dark chocolate mousse filing and whipped cream.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #2422
JediBonas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post

I ordered a pirate themed mini cake. I have seen pictures of others somewhere. Just be warned there is only so much surface area so it is harder to convey certain things. I loved the pirate one for my DH, it was cute but not too over the top
My son is a huge Jake and the Neverland Pirates fan so that would be perfect for him! Thanks . I'm not looking for anything super detailed, just hoping to get them something a little more special then a plain white cake with some flowers on it.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:48 AM   #2423
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sogagi929 View Post
Do you know if I could get a cake for a Disney Cruise?
Cakes are very basic, they don't do special order cakes.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Old 07-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #2424
lfortin16
Mouseketeer

picture

How can I post a picture taken with my phone??
Old 07-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #2425
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfortin16 View Post
There is a photobucket app.

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
Old 07-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #2426
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediBonas View Post

My son is a huge Jake and the Neverland Pirates fan so that would be perfect for him! Thanks . I'm not looking for anything super detailed, just hoping to get them something a little more special then a plain white cake with some flowers on it.
My kids are too! If you look back on my posts here you can see a picture of it. Everything was edible including the rocks
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 07-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #2427
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gru View Post
Is it possible to have a cake delivered to your room, and if so, do we have to be there to accept it? We will be staying at CBR, and I was hoping to come back from the parks for a midday break and have the cake in the room as a surprise.
As long as you are already checked in, they can deliver to your room whether or not you're there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfortin16 View Post
You need to upload the photos to a sharing site like Photobucket.com or the DIS' photo gallery, then copy the [IMG] code for it into a post here.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #2428
emsmommy323
Mouseketeer

We will be there for my daughter's 10th birthday and she wants to eat at Rainforest Café at DTD. Are specialty cakes being delivered there even an option?
Old 07-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #2429
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Not by Disney, and I think Rainforest has been telling people who call that they don't offer their own cake options. But it never hurts to check with them directly: (407) 827-8500.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #2430
emsmommy323
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Not by Disney, and I think Rainforest has been telling people who call that they don't offer their own cake options. But it never hurts to check with them directly: (407) 827-8500.
Well, luckily she's looking forward to the brownie lava thing so if it doesn't work out, she will never know the difference! LOL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: