Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #2401
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

I finally go around to calling the cake hotline again about the custom cake I want for BoG ressie in Aug. They again, gave me the general info #. so, once again I tried it. Seemed like this woman knew what she was doing took the info of the ressie, who the cake was for, what flavor we wanted. Then in her opinion that was the end of the conversation! I explained again what I wanted. Very specifically this time. to which she said, oh, you need to speak to the cake hotline & gave me that number again. Then I couldn't call because the birthday girl to be came into the room. So, I am about to try again.
I will let you know what happens just to avoid anyone else getting this run around.

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Old 07-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #2402
sogagi929
Earning My Ears

Do you know if I could get a cake for a Disney Cruise?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #2403
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
I finally go around to calling the cake hotline again about the custom cake I want for BoG ressie in Aug. They again, gave me the general info #. so, once again I tried it. Seemed like this woman knew what she was doing took the info of the ressie, who the cake was for, what flavor we wanted. Then in her opinion that was the end of the conversation! I explained again what I wanted. Very specifically this time. to which she said, oh, you need to speak to the cake hotline & gave me that number again. Then I couldn't call because the birthday girl to be came into the room. So, I am about to try again.
I will let you know what happens just to avoid anyone else getting this run around.
I thought you couldn't get custom cakes for BOG. Did that change?

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 07-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #2404
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
They haven't gotten back to me yet, but I guess I will find out. I'll post to let you know.

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Old 07-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #2405
ilovemk76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They haven't gotten back to me yet, but I guess I will find out. I'll post to let you know.
We got a custom cake at BOG.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #2406
Disneymama01
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I also ordered one for my dd5th birthday in August 4th
Old 07-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #2407
disneygal6568
making dreams come true

Does anybody have a picture if the figurine options for Disneyland?? Are they like cheap plastic or edible?? We were looking into Tinkerbell specifically

Keep the Magic Alive!
Old 07-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #2408
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
The cakes for BOG are being taken on a cake by cake basis. Apparently they don't have alot of extra room for cakes in their kitchen fridges so they can only have so many in there on any one day.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Old 07-18-2013, 06:54 PM   #2409
Gru
Mouseketeer

Is it possible to have a cake delivered to your room, and if so, do we have to be there to accept it? We will be staying at CBR, and I was hoping to come back from the parks for a midday break and have the cake in the room as a surprise.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #2410
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gru View Post
Is it possible to have a cake delivered to your room, and if so, do we have to be there to accept it? We will be staying at CBR, and I was hoping to come back from the parks for a midday break and have the cake in the room as a surprise.
We are getting a cake delivered to our room at the Poly. We are staying CL so not sure if that has anything to do with it, but they said it was no problem. This also might be a deluxe thing.

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 07-19-2013, 04:20 AM   #2411
jennyraye
Mouseketeer

Sent email to Chef Brian at CR private dining on Tuesday afternoon about cake for first night of our honeymoon in August and have yet to hear back. I go to work before they open and work till after they close, so limited to email communication. Sigh. Want to be able to check this off my list. Was really excited, but the wait to hear back is making the excitement wane.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #2412
sjv919
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyraye View Post
Sent email to Chef Brian at CR private dining on Tuesday afternoon about cake for first night of our honeymoon in August and have yet to hear back. I go to work before they open and work till after they close, so limited to email communication. Sigh. Want to be able to check this off my list. Was really excited, but the wait to hear back is making the excitement wane.
I've been waiting to hear back from the cake order email since Monday. Maybe they're swamped or something?

Old 07-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #2413
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

Has anyone every ordered a cake for someone after finishing the Princess Half Marathon? Thinking of surprising my friend with one at our "lets-spoil-ourselves-rotten-we-just-finished-13.1-miles" dinner at California Grill after the race...

Just not sure how to design it...maybe incorporated the tiara image, some princessess, 13.1. Im terrible with coming up with stuff like this... I know its quite a ways off but all this planning is making the time go by much faster
Old 07-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #2414
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~* View Post
Has anyone every ordered a cake for someone after finishing the Princess Half Marathon? Thinking of surprising my friend with one at our "lets-spoil-ourselves-rotten-we-just-finished-13.1-miles" dinner at California Grill after the race...

Just not sure how to design it...maybe incorporated the tiara image, some princessess, 13.1. Im terrible with coming up with stuff like this... I know its quite a ways off but all this planning is making the time go by much faster
I did. It was to celebrate my sister's 50th birthday. (She wanted to walk a half-marathon before she turned 50, so our sister-in-law and I did it too, made it into a girls' weekend. Totally awesome!) I asked for Mickey on the cake, and it had an image of a running Mickey on top. If you go back in this thread to the end of Feb time-frame, I posted a picture of it. It turned out super cute. We had dinner at Whispering Canyon, so it came from the Contemporary bakery (Chef Brian). It was chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse filling. Delicious!!

I'll go back and see if I can find the picture and copy it to the post below.

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 07-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #2415
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Couldn't find it in the thread. Maybe I forgot to post it when I got back.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: