Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
IlovemesomeGoofy
Earning My Ears

Honeymoon --> Split-stay (Poly/POR) or just POR??

Hi all,

I'm getting married in November and we know we are going to spend our Honeymoon at the World

Our trip last year we stayed at POR and loved it. It was our first time on-site and frankly I was so excited to be there I could have slept in a box I think...but that is another issue hehe

We also had dinner at 'Ohana on our last night and were amazed by the Poly...

Sooo...

We are booked right now at POR for 7 nights, but a part of me would really like to stay a few nights at the POLY. It's not that cost is an issue per se, but I am having a really hard time justifying spending the extra money. It would be a surprise for my fiance and I think it would be so fun...but the cost!!

Thoughts??

JP and PJ

Family Trip, April 2009 Off-site
PJ's 1st Disney Trip, November 2012 POR]
Honeymoon Trip, November 2013 POLY/POR!!!
Mitchell Family First Visit and ME!, February 2014 All Star Music
IlovemesomeGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovemesomeGoofy View Post
Hi all,

I'm getting married in November and we know we are going to spend our Honeymoon at the World

Our trip last year we stayed at POR and loved it. It was our first time on-site and frankly I was so excited to be there I could have slept in a box I think...but that is another issue hehe

We also had dinner at 'Ohana on our last night and were amazed by the Poly...

Sooo...

We are booked right now at POR for 7 nights, but a part of me would really like to stay a few nights at the POLY. It's not that cost is an issue per se, but I am having a really hard time justifying spending the extra money. It would be a surprise for my fiance and I think it would be so fun...but the cost!!

Thoughts??
Congrats on your upcoming wedding .

If you can get past the cost, the Poly is an amazing resort and would be perfect (IMO) for a few nights of your honeymoon . The tropical atmosphere is beautiful, the volcano pool is great as it backs up to the beach with a distant view of the castle while swimming, walking around at night under the lit tiki torches is romantic, and the beach is great for relaxing in a hammock watching the fireworks . If the extra cost is doable for 2 or 3 nights, I would really consider it as I think that would be a great way to end such a special and memorable trip .
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Congrats!

I think the Poly is perfect for a honeymoon! You can watch Wishes from the beach, take a walk along the tiki torch lit pathways, etc.

Me (29) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: