Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #31
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Again, most of these things are all personal taste and perspective. Some people saying the landscaping/theming at POR is better hands down, some disagree saying CSR has way nicer theming/scenery. Same thing with the rooms. I think Pepper Market is one of the best QS at any of the resorts and feel the way it is run gives it an upscale feel from other QS like the one at POR, some people find Pepper Market confusing for reasons I can't understand, seems simple to me.

The only thing in this thread that is a "fact" is that CSR does have all those extra Deluxe type amenities that the other Mods don't have. If you care about those amenities (which I do) than CSR his hands down the better resort, if you don't then it comes down to personal taste.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #32
momofboyz3
DIS Veteran

ThankYou all. I do appreciate the honest feedback. It's a tough call. I really don't know what to do. We were given a surprise upgrade to a RR at POR so I think we were spoiled. We really Loved it. When I travel for work or on my own to NY I am a fan of the Westin or the Hyatt. I'm leaning Twds the CSR because of those amenities. Keep the reviews coming....
momofboyz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #33
disneyobessed
DIS Veteran

We are trying to decide the same thing... My only concern is the CSR foodcourt. I'm a little confused with how it is different.

MeDHDSDS
DD Mia
disneyobessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #34
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyobessed View Post
We are trying to decide the same thing... My only concern is the CSR foodcourt. I'm a little confused with how it is different.
It's really not confusing.

You enter like a TS resturant. They have a Host/Hostess that seats you at a table like TS. This is nice because you don't have to scramble to find a table like other QS places. A waiter/busperson takes your drink order. They give you a blank slip for your food order. There are different stations for different types of food. There are large billboards hanging above each station with large easy to read menu. You decide want you want goto that station and they prepare your food and stamp your slip for you. You return to your table and eat your food. When you are all finished you take your slips to the till area which is at the exit and pay for your food.

Not confusing at all and the food is as good or better than the other quick services.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #35
Dizneefamily+4
Wish I could live in Cinderella's Castle!

The reason that we found Pepper Market to be confusing was how you get your order once it's been placed. Several times we stood there waiting to pick up our order and had other people (who must have ordered the same thing) pick up our orders (we knew they were ours as they had been in line behind us and placed their order after we did.)

As far as "deluxe amenities" at CSR, I didn't feel it - at least not in proportion to the actual Disney deluxe resorts we've stayed in.

It's definitely a personal preference and taste thing. Some love POR for the same reasons that others dislike it and the same goes for CSR and really any other resort. I still like POR over CSR any day, but my reasons might not be yours!
'10 - POR/WL
Aug. '11 - POLY
Aug. '12 - POFQ
Aug. '13 - POLY
Dizneefamily+4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #36
momofboyz3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post

You enter like a TS resturant. They have a Host/Hostess that seats you at a table like TS. This is nice because you don't have to scramble to find a table like other QS places. A waiter/busperson takes your drink order. They give you a blank slip for your food order. There are different stations for different types of food. There are large billboards hanging above each station with large easy to read menu. You decide want you want goto that station and they prepare your food and stamp your slip for you. You return to your table and eat your food. When you are all finished you take your slips to the till area which is at the exit and pay for your food.

Not confusing at all and the food is as good or better than the other quick services.
Thanks! That's a great description
Old 07-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #37
momofboyz3
DIS Veteran

Everyone has such different opinions- it's funny I was talking to my boys and my little one says something completely unexpected he said "what if we stay at the cheapest hotel and stay longer than 8 day like 10?" But I don't think I can stay at a value though. I just have to make up my mind..
Old 07-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #38
disneyobessed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboyz3 View Post
Everyone has such different opinions- it's funny I was talking to my boys and my little one says something completely unexpected he said "what if we stay at the cheapest hotel and stay longer than 8 day like 10?" But I don't think I can stay at a value though. I just have to make up my mind..
I love the theming at the values they just seem so much more crowded...

MeDHDSDS
DD Mia
Old 07-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #39
Gibbygirl
why am I here when I should be there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw

Great description! What I appreciated about this system was we got to eat our food while it was still hot & fresh rather than getting our food then having to stand in a long line waiting to pay. By the time you do this and wander around to find a table, the food has cooled off. Also loved the food options available. We used Cafe Rid a lot for grab & go. As with any food court/snack place, going "off hours" makes a big difference.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #40
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbygirl View Post
As with any food court/snack place, going "off hours" makes a big difference.
That really is a key point. Every QS at WDW is madhouse at the main feeding times. We plan accordingly. We simply do not goto the food court or the main pool at the peak times for each. It probably is why we have had such good experiences there. Any food court gets frustrating when there is 1000 people trying to get fed all at once.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #41
disneyobessed
DIS Veteran

our trick with the food courts.. or qs. go right at 11 when they open for lunch. we never have a problem or a wait and can always find a seat.

MeDHDSDS
DD Mia
Old 07-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #42
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyobessed View Post
our trick with the food courts.. or qs. go right at 11 when they open for lunch. we never have a problem or a wait and can always find a seat.
Yeah, either that or go at 2pm after the chaos is over.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #43
kydisneyfans
It may be because they are too embarassed to show it in public

Attended a conference at CSR earlier this year, the Pepper Market was never open during our breaks. I like places open all the time, not just a few hours at prime meal time.

Have been to CSR and CBR this year, and honestly were disappointed at both. We disliked CBR so bad we drove to Pop to eat at least twice.

Our fall trip is PORR, if that is disappointing, it's back to the values for us.
kydisneyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #44
Kristine316
Mouseketeer

We have stayed at both POR and CSR.

My husband and older son preferred CSR. My husband loved the fact he could sit outside by the lake and have a drink and a cigar and not feel "weird". Its a convention hotel so it has a different kind of a vibe.. there were lots of convention goers sitting outside just kind of relaxing with a drink and my husband felt more comfortable with that kind of a crowd.

Now, at POR he tried to sit out in the smoking section for a cigar and he said he felt very awkward because even in the smoking section people were complaining as they walked by.

My older son loved CSR because he said it was very peaceful and quiet around the grounds in the evenings. He would sit outside and talk to his girlfriend on his cell and I think he appreciated the privacy.. lol The grounds definitely felt less busy and more spacious than POR but, it could also be that WDW in general was less busy during that trip.
He also loved the pool and I also thought the pool was impressive.

I did have issue with CSR though. For one thing we were upstairs and we had very loud neighbors who would come back every night after midnight. Fine, they are night owls and have that right but, when they would walk up and down the stairs and walk ways it was VERY loud. They were in and out of their room all night long and it started to become a real issue when we couldn't sleep at all. We also heard them laughing and talking loudly during the night. We are rope drop people and we were sleeping by 11pm every night and it felt like right when we got to sleep, here came the neighbors. Not really the hotels fault but, when I did mention it to the front desk one morning, they were like.. "oh"... and that was it. I was hoping to get moved to the first floor but, maybe they just couldn't do it but, at least they could have had a better response than "oh".
It did seem that the walls were paper thin.

The other issue I had with CSR was Mousekeeping... not a big deal but, I called to ask for thin pillows because I have neck issues. I called the front desk first and they told me it wouldn't be an issue at all to request a couple of thin pillows but, when I contacted Mousekeeping the woman was quite rude about it and acted like I was asking for a pint of blood or something.

Now at POR we were on the first floor and our room was back by the parking lot and wow what a difference!! It was so quiet at POR in the room... I mean we barely heard anything at night. We always have our car at Disney so we request a room close to the parking lot.. just because it works well for us... it isn't for everyone but, it sure was quiet there.
I loved POR food court as well.

I did have a major issue at POR, an issue I feel was the most serious I have had at Disney. I had something stolen from our room. Oddly enough I had shampoo taken from the bathroom counter. It wasn't just any shampoo but, a 32 oz bottle of Wen, which was quite expensive for shampoo. The only explanation I think makes sense is that the maid must have taken it. I was told by Mousekeeping that it was probably an accident.. that she more than likely threw it away by mistake. I didn't really buy that because the thing was heavy and large.. it would be difficult to throw it away and not realize it. POR did give me a credit on our bill for the shampoo so, I felt satisfied with their response.

I wrote about this several months ago on DIS and I actually had people try to make it my fault for being a victim of theft.. they said I should have put my shampoo in the safe.. I had to laugh at that.

Last edited by Kristine316; 07-21-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Kristine316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:58 PM   #45
Astylla
Disney Fanatic

I found the one of the best ways to compare resorts we were considering was watching youtube videos by many different people..it gives more than a quick glance at photos and you get a more real "feel" imo.

Hope you figure out what works best for you
Astylla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: