Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
emilymad
DIS Veteran

Two reservations at the same resort

I have RO reservation at the BWI with a AAA discount. If a RO discount comes out we are going to change our dates to stay for a full week. I can see on Disney's website that our last night is sold out. If we can make a reservation with a RO discount for the first 6 nights and then keep the AAA discount for the last night what are the chances of having to change rooms? I understand we would need to check out and back in due to the separate reservations. I am debating moving to another resort entirely if we would have to change rooms and wait for the new one to be ready.
emilymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:58 PM   #2
Janet-TX
Wishing On A Star

Smile

We had the same scenario on our last trip....so many nights under one reservation and so many nights under a different reservation at the same resort due to discounts . We were told there was no guarantee that we would not have to change rooms by our AAA travel agent, however when we checked in, we brought up the issue and the room assigner had already reserved the same room for both stays. We did have to go down to "check-out; check-in" on the day we went onto the second reservation but no big deal. Again there is no guarantee, but based on what was said to us, I think it's unlikely you would have to move rooms.
Janet-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #3
purple figment
DIS Veteran

There's no way for anyone to say what your chances will be of staying in the same room. As much as possible CMs will try to let you stay in the same room, but there's always a chance you'll have to move.

You'll need to make sure both reservations are for exactly the same room category and you can link the second res as a continuing reservation. Reminding the CM about your continuing res when you check in might help a little.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #4
emilymad
DIS Veteran

Thanks! There are so many details to have to consider.
emilymad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: