Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #466
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,710

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboycartel View Post
We have finally picked a cruise and are in! 8023 for us 4 crazies after 7 nights at SSR

Any other So Cal Cruisers out there?
So Cal. Valencia, CA.
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:00 AM   #467
lopezlink
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7

Booked!

I am booked and so excited!! I'd like to take part in the FE so please let me know who's organizing! This will be my 2nd Disney Cruise!
lopezlink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #468
Disneylandfanatic
Annual Passholder since 2008
 
Disneylandfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 249

I am organizing the FE. There is a sign up sheet on our Facebook page. If you do not have a Facebook use the format that I posted above and give me the information so I can add to the list.

Welcome to the group!!
__________________



Completed:
January 4, 2014: Fantasy Western Carribean

"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome."-Walt Disney
Disneylandfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #469
DizzylandDeb
DIS Veteran
 
DizzylandDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NW Montana
Posts: 1,416

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboycartel View Post
We have finally picked a cruise and are in! 8023 for us 4 crazies after 7 nights at SSR

Any other So Cal Cruisers out there?
WOW I've not been on in quite some time! to all the new cruisers!

homeboycartel, you're just down the hall from us! We're in 8014 & 16.

We've made a few WDW dining reservations post cruise and still pondering what excursions to do at each port. So many decisions
__________________
DL: 1963, 1969, 1970, 1975, 1977, 1978, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014
WDW: 2010, 2011 2012, 2014
DCL: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
DizzylandDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:23 AM   #470
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,710

Starting to pay it off! Made a payment today and set up a payment schedule for myself. Should be paid in full by Sept 27th so that I am ready for online check in at midnight (Oct 5th at 9pm my time) on October 6th. I am only concerned about excursions at this point. I'd love to go to Palo brunch but I don't think there are any other single parents on this cruise meet to dine with unfortunately. Oh well. That's ok. Another time.

I just put myself on a wait list for DVC Villas at Wilderness Lodge points. Exciting but nerve wracking. I've had to make some financial changes so I canceled our Aug 2004 Alaskan cruise and used my on board booking benefits for Christmas 2014. I may or may not rebook that Alaskan cruise with OBB benefits when we cruise. I am definitely booking a dummy date. I also canceled my 2 night to nowhere leaving out of San Diego. So, just 2 cruises and a DLR stay so far. That's more than enough!

We are headed to the Grand Californian for fall break in October! Looking forward to that. I've never stayed there before.

Anyone have other Disney vacations on the horizon after our Jan cruise?
__________________

Last edited by luv2sleep; 08-01-2013 at 01:36 AM.
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #471
DizzylandDeb
DIS Veteran
 
DizzylandDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NW Montana
Posts: 1,416

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post

We are headed to the Grand Californian for fall break in October! Looking forward to that. I've never stayed there before.

Anyone have other Disney vacations on the horizon after our Jan cruise?

I've got two more trips to Disneyland planned Will be at the Half Marathon over Labor Day weekend to help cheer on friends and a girls only trip in early December to see the Christmas decorations and Candlelight Processional
__________________
DL: 1963, 1969, 1970, 1975, 1977, 1978, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014
WDW: 2010, 2011 2012, 2014
DCL: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
DizzylandDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #472
Kabuli1
DIS Veteran
 
Kabuli1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Near Chi Town
Posts: 927

Hi! How's everybody? I'm down here in Central Illinois trying to figure out if I like it and want to stay, or flee back to the Chicago area! Meanwhile been paying off the cruise bit by bit with Disney Gift cards from Target combining my 5% red card with 5% pharmacy cards. I am going up to Chi-land tomorrow and hope to get some more. My check-in as gold CC is 9/21 and I plan to be paid up by then.

Heading to Boston for a reunion next weekend, then CT for a wedding in Oct and hope to squeeze in Food and Wine at Epcot end of Oct or Nov. Then our cruise!!! Other than that in 2014 i: usually get to WDW for Flower and Garden in late April and we are booked on the Southern Caribbean 9/20! I generally get to WDW 3-4 times a year - hey, my daughter works there - got to see my baby!

Luv2 - there may be others brunching that you can join. I am not sure if I am going to do Palo or Remy or both but I will let you know if I do. If you don't get Wilderness Lodge where will you stay?

I am totally lost about excursions. I need inspiration!

Karyn
Kabuli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #473
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuli1 View Post
Hi! How's everybody? I'm down here in Central Illinois trying to figure out if I like it and want to stay, or flee back to the Chicago area! Meanwhile been paying off the cruise bit by bit with Disney Gift cards from Target combining my 5% red card with 5% pharmacy cards. I am going up to Chi-land tomorrow and hope to get some more. My check-in as gold CC is 9/21 and I plan to be paid up by then.

Heading to Boston for a reunion next weekend, then CT for a wedding in Oct and hope to squeeze in Food and Wine at Epcot end of Oct or Nov. Then our cruise!!! Other than that in 2014 i: usually get to WDW for Flower and Garden in late April and we are booked on the Southern Caribbean 9/20! I generally get to WDW 3-4 times a year - hey, my daughter works there - got to see my baby!

Luv2 - there may be others brunching that you can join. I am not sure if I am going to do Palo or Remy or both but I will let you know if I do. If you don't get Wilderness Lodge where will you stay?

I am totally lost about excursions. I need inspiration!

Karyn
If you'd like to do brunch let me know!

We are staying at Saratoga Springs. I already have a reservation. No way I'd get Wilderness Lodge that time of year at less than 11 mos out.
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #474
Disneylandfanatic
Annual Passholder since 2008
 
Disneylandfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 249

I have a few DLR trips planned... I leave for D23 this week! And then a Halloween trip planned for October, both in the Disneyland hotel. I also want a Christmas trip to see the new holiday WOC! Can't believe it is already August!!! Our trip is really right around the corner.
__________________



Completed:
January 4, 2014: Fantasy Western Carribean

"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome."-Walt Disney
Disneylandfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #475
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylandfanatic View Post
I have a few DLR trips planned... I leave for D23 this week! And then a Halloween trip planned for October, both in the Disneyland hotel. I also want a Christmas trip to see the new holiday WOC! Can't believe it is already August!!! Our trip is really right around the corner.
The holiday WOC is new this year? We saw it 2 years ago at Christmas. Do they change it every year?
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #476
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,710

Come to think of it I probably won't see it then anyway. It was too cold
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #477
Disneylandfanatic
Annual Passholder since 2008
 
Disneylandfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 249

This year it is going to be a whole new show... Previous years it has just been the pre show but now rather than the normal woc it will be a holiday version!!!
__________________



Completed:
January 4, 2014: Fantasy Western Carribean

"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome."-Walt Disney
Disneylandfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #478
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylandfanatic View Post
This year it is going to be a whole new show... Previous years it has just been the pre show but now rather than the normal woc it will be a holiday version!!!
Weird. We had a holiday version and no pre show. I wonder what will be different. Will look it up and see if it will be worth it. Thanks!
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #479
BabyBun
Earning My Ears
 
BabyBun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 68

Due to a conflict in the kid's college calendar, we have to switch cruises. Sorry we won't be able to sail with you.
__________________
Me DH DD (17)
BabyBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:59 AM   #480
DizzylandDeb
DIS Veteran
 
DizzylandDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NW Montana
Posts: 1,416

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBun View Post
Due to a conflict in the kid's college calendar, we have to switch cruises. Sorry we won't be able to sail with you.
Sad to see you go, but glad you have an alternate cruise
__________________
DL: 1963, 1969, 1970, 1975, 1977, 1978, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014
WDW: 2010, 2011 2012, 2014
DCL: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
DizzylandDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.