Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #1
EALOVE
Earning My Ears

Place to stay with parents!

Going to Disney at the end of Oct with my family and parents. It will be my mother, father, 5 year old, 3 year old, 1 year old, DH and I. Would an AoA suite be too small? Are there ANY reasonably priced (under $350-$400/night) larger suites on property? My dad likes his privacy, so he'd probably prefer to have his own room.

If not, (I guess this could go on the Orlando hotel section?) what are some really close hotels that have some two bedroom condos for a great price? Will we even be able to swim at the end of Oct? If so, great pools with slides are a big priority.

or would it be cheaper to just get two standard, conjoining Little Mermaid AoA/CB/or something other rooms? Florida resident.
EALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #2
princessap
DIS Veteran

We have stayed offsite before at Bonnet Creek and loved it!! We now are onsite people after one stay onsite. lol. But i would stay at bonnet creek again in a heartbeat.
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #3
DisMama3
Mouseketeer

Look into Saratoga Springs Resort, Old Key West or Animal kingdom lodge for their 2 bedroom suites as they are the cheaper of the deluxes. They also have a full kitchen which is nice.
DisMama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #4
EALOVE
Earning My Ears

Awesome, thanks! I should've mentioned a kitchen is very much preferred.
EALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #5
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

If you decide to look offsite, we really liked the Hilton Grand Vacations resort. They have two bedroom units that should fit your budget.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #6
princessap
DIS Veteran

We got a 2 bedroom at bonnet creek for 800 for the week so that would definitely be within your budget
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #7
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMama3 View Post
Look into Saratoga Springs Resort, Old Key West or Animal kingdom lodge for their 2 bedroom suites as they are the cheaper of the deluxes. They also have a full kitchen which is nice.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #8
scanmom
DIS Veteran

Ft. Wilderness Cabins

are another on-site option. You, DH and kids could use the bedroom with the bunks, and your mom and dad could use the pull down murphy bed. They have a full kitchen, and there are lots of activities at the resort. You even have a grill! Plus, the kids can run around outside while you and your parents relax on the deck. It's a very relaxing type resort, which may be welcome after a crazy day at the parks. plus, the dining plan is available, if you're interested.

can't wait to get back to the "real" world!
scanmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #9
Letterhead
Mouseketeer

Off-site have a look at Sheraton Vistana on the 535. I've stayed off-sit a few times and absolutely love this place. It's also less than 5 minutes drive to WDW.

You get an apartment with 2 Bedrooms, both of which have an en-suite. One of the bedrooms sleeps 2, the other 4. There's also a sofa bed.
Letterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:45 PM   #10
d3boyz
Mouseketeer

You might look at Cypress Pointe just outside of Disney. It’s a Diamond Resort property, and you can rent 3BR units which are a 2BR with full kitchen as well as the lock-off portion that is 1BR with a small, but also fully functional kitchen. The lock-off would be great for your parents because they’d have their privacy, including a separate entrance, but could also join the family through the adjoining door as they choose! I’ve done this very thing with my parents, and it’s been an excellent time for all!

Deb
d3boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #11
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

if you go with a DVC resort then rent a reservation through a member.

they include
AKV/Kidani
AKL/Jambo House
BCV
BLT
BWV
OKW
SSR
VWL

now might go for 2 studios (but I am cheap) - sounds like you want a 2-bedroom villa - Kidani, BLT and OKW sleep 9. Kidani & blt have 3 bathrooms instead of 2.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #12
bek
Mouseketeer

I just did AoA family suite with my DH, DIL, grandkids 7, 5 and 3. It was a tight fit. My DIL was only there for 2 nights, so it worked out ok. But you may want to do a family suite for your family and your parents in the Little Mermaid standard room or Pop Century right across the bridge. Everyone gets a bit of space and privacy.

The Swan/Dolphin have connecting room specials and FL resident specials. Just be sure to count in the $17 mandatory resort fee and $15 per day self parking fee. October may be tough though since it's Food and Wine at Epcot.

Reunion Resorts is close by and offers Florida resident specials. June 2012 we had a lovely 3 bedroom/3 bath condo in the price range you want.
bek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #13
Sue M
DIS Veteran

I'd get 2 rooms at either a value or moderate resort. Or look into 2 studio DVC. David's DVC request is a good place for renting points.
One of the AllStars also has family suites, although not as nice as the newer AoA. But you could prob get a suite plus a regular room in the same building there, where at AOA they would be in 2 separate buildings. One family suite would be way too cramped for all of you.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: