Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #16
Tink415
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleGazerMom View Post
Basic Facts:
1. Arriving at MCO 10/31 at 6pm
2. Picking Up Rental Car
3. Have Tickets to MNSSHP that starts at 7pm
4. Staying at POP

I am a worry wart by nature so I:
1. Don't want to stress about missing party time
2. Don't want to stress about not having check in to the resort yet

I am thinking my best plan would be:
1. Land and grab car
2. Swing by POP lobby and pick up Online Check in Packet
3. Head to MK for the party

Since its just the three of us and our DS is 12y, I think that I could hussle them through the process (You go get the bags, I will get the car - meet back here) and then they wait at POP while I run in and grab the 'goodies' so we know that after the party we can just skip the lobby and head for our rooms with our luggage from the car.

Does that seem doable to you? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. The MNSSHP is going to be a surprise so if I do the above, my big reveal will need to be maybe at the airport while we are waiting to leave Cleveland so everyone knows the plan.
Take stressing about missing party time off your list as you are going to miss party time with a flight that lands at 6pm, there is no way around it. If you're OK with that, then your best plan would work and should get you on Main St about 8pm roughly. If you check in at the resort after the party you could get to Main St about 7:30 roughly, and probably would need to pay for parking. If I really wanted to be at MNSSHP on 10/31 I would do it, and I have! There's a party on 11/1 this year if celebrating then is OK and you want to take advantage of entering at 4pm. BTW, I've experienced a very long line at Pop late at night. Have fun!
Tink415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #17
CastleGazerMom
Mouseketeer

Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond to my post! I definitely appreciate having great minds to bounce things off of when it comes to Disney!

I mostly decided to get MNSSHP tickets because its a milestone anniversary for my DH and I and felt like it needed something special to celebrate.

Being able to be at MK on Halloween/15th Anni and maybe just to enjoy the atmosphere and see the parade or fireworks and ride our fav ride - Haunted Mansion or to see villians is all I am really planning. Our fam is past trick or treating so if we get there by 8:30-9:00 - I will be thrilled to say we were there!

Great Tips and suggestions! I truly appreciate it!
Jun 96 - 25th WDW Anni (off prop) Nov 99 - Christmas (off prop) Oct 04 - Halloween (Pop Century) Nov 05 - With Gram (All Star Movies) Dec 08 - New Years Eve (Pop Century) Nov 12 - First Trip w/o DD (Pop Century)
CastleGazerMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #18
Headed4Fun
Mouseketeer

I would definitely try to get there earlier than you're planning. You can usually get into the gate for the party at 4pm (we got in at 3:30pm last year for MVMCP) - that gives you plenty of extra time to enjoy the park before the party starts. As others have said, you're paying plenty of money for the party tickets so it's best if you can adjust your times to take advantage of what you've paid for.

If you're already having worries about missing the party time, I'd definitely rethink the flight and see if you can arrive earlier. There is SOOOO much that goes on at these parties and I can tell you firsthand, you don't want to miss a thing! It's awesome!
Headed4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #19
CastleGazerMom
Mouseketeer

We actually did go about 8 years ago and did the whole thing (Kids were 3 and 10 then) and it was great - I agree!

I was definitely a blast! Sadly, Due to work and school commitments, that is the latest flight we can take - - trust me when I say I will be itching in my United Airlines seat knowing that I could be at the park! lol

Who would have thought..all these years of me always needing to go full out Disney commando and finally I am going to be able to just drop in for a special celebration with no huge agenda and not feel stressed that I need to Go Go Go!

Just want to stand on Main Street with my Dark Prince on our 15th wedding anniversary for a Kiss Goodnight!
Jun 96 - 25th WDW Anni (off prop) Nov 99 - Christmas (off prop) Oct 04 - Halloween (Pop Century) Nov 05 - With Gram (All Star Movies) Dec 08 - New Years Eve (Pop Century) Nov 12 - First Trip w/o DD (Pop Century)
CastleGazerMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #20
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleGazerMom View Post
Basic Facts:
1. Arriving at MCO 10/31 at 6pm
2. Picking Up Rental Car
3. Have Tickets to MNSSHP that starts at 7pm
4. Staying at POP

I am a worry wart by nature so I:
1. Don't want to stress about missing party time
2. Don't want to stress about not having check in to the resort yet

I am thinking my best plan would be:
1. Land and grab car
2. Swing by POP lobby and pick up Online Check in Packet
3. Head to MK for the party

Since its just the three of us and our DS is 12y, I think that I could hussle them through the process (You go get the bags, I will get the car - meet back here) and then they wait at POP while I run in and grab the 'goodies' so we know that after the party we can just skip the lobby and head for our rooms with our luggage from the car.

Does that seem doable to you? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. The MNSSHP is going to be a surprise so if I do the above, my big reveal will need to be maybe at the airport while we are waiting to leave Cleveland so everyone knows the plan.
I think I responded on the other board as well. Landing at 6PM, it is unlikely you would get to MK before 7 without checking in. From our experience it takes about 90 minutes to get the luggage, get a car and get to WDW. That's assuming you can skip any lines at the car rental counter (why we use Alamo).

Good luck with everything going smoothly and not getting stuck in traffic. Hopefully you can get there by 7:30/8.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #21
Paigesmom2013
Mouseketeer

You're flying United? Double the magic and pixie dust!!
Paigesmom2013 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #22
gogo
DIS Veteran

I think a plane arriving at 6:00 is late to get to the MK between 7 or 8. There are so many unknowns as others have stated. Even if the plane is only 10 -15 minutes late, that sets everything else behind almost like a domino effect. I can't even see getting your bags from baggage claim until close to 7:00, then the rental car and doesn't the drive take at least a half an hour?

I remember going to the Pirates and Princess Party at the MK a while back. There was so much going on that the time absolutely flew by and we were there at the beginning of the event.

If there was anyway possible, I would try to get to Orlando the night before (even if it was an extremely late flight). However, I know some schedules cannot be changed. Hope all goes smoothly!
gogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #23
Alexander
DIS Veteran

We always rent a car and p/u our own luggage and we have never made it from the gate to WDW in an hour! Close, but usually it is closer to an hour and a half.

You are LANDING at 6, not deplaning at 6. Depending on the size of the plane and where you are seated, this could take 15 minutes. Tram to main terminal and walk to baggage claim 5-10 minutes. Then luggage at MCO is not quick. That is another 10-15 minutes. About a 30 minute drive to WDW. If everything goes as planned, you might be at Pop check in by 7:00.

You obviously have already made up your mind, so why keep asking?
Old 07-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #24
ChristineNic
Mouseketeer

If it were me, I'd add a day at the beginning of the trip and travel on 10/30 or I would get the party tickets for 11/1.

Since it is your anniversary and your kids are older, could you and DH sneak off to the Poly to watch Halowishes from the beach?
ChristineNic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:25 PM   #25
Alexander
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineNic View Post
If it were me, I'd add a day at the beginning of the trip and travel on 10/30 or I would get the party tickets for 11/1.

Since it is your anniversary and your kids are older, could you and DH sneak off to the Poly to watch Halowishes from the beach?
They are only traveling with the 12y/o.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #26
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirikiUtundu View Post
What would I do? I would buy tickets to the Nov. 1 party. On 10/31 I would do DTD or resort hopping for Halloween festivities. Or maybe nothing but dinner and swimming/rest.

Even if every single thing goes smoothly you will not make it there by 7. I know you said you don't mind, but these tickets are expensive, and more importantly not refundable.
This times infinity.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:53 PM   #27
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriemel View Post
In addition to all that's previously mentioned, do remember that the party admission begins at 4pm...soooo, the OP would be missing out on a lot of party time by not arriving until as late as she would. Not at all worth the stress and aggravation. You're paying a TON of moolah for those tickets to the party. You, I'm sure, want your money's worth. To me, it's not at all worth it.
True however actual party festivities don't start until 7pm. So party-specific events, OP wouldn't miss as much of (but would still be late).

I also concur with the PP about dinner. We chose to grab QS during MNSSHP around 8pm and it was a mistake. QS options were limited during the party so we went to Cosmic Rays. Took over an hour to order, get our food and eat. We lost valuable party time by doing this and if I ever go to a party again, I will eat before or even after just to avoid that craziness!
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: