Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #106
jimsanfilippo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheaton View Post
Good points about the situation with the congressman. I think the more likely scenario is that Disney will offer perks to resort guests and have tiers based on where you stay. It will technically be free since there's no charge, but paying more for hotels will lead to better perks.
But there is absolutely nothing stopping Disney from changing their minds about it being free in a few years. It's not like they'll have congressional hearings if they decide to start charging. Disney wouldn't have misled congress, they would just have changed direction after reviewing how it has worked for a while. I can see them beginning to charge for it for people staying off-property down the road.
2014 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2013 Pop Century Resort, 2012 Orbit One Villas/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2012 (Disneyland) HoJo Plaza Hotel Anaheim, 2012 Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 2012 Bay Lake Towers, 2011 (Disneyland) Grand Californian Villas, 2011 Windsor Hills Resort, 2010 (Disneyland) Peacock Suites, 2010 The Palms Hotels & Villas, 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2009 Liki Tiki Village, 2008 Magical Memories Villas, 2006 Coronado Springs/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2006 Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2005 Wilderness Lodge, 2004 Universal Studios Area Hotel, 2003 Wilderness Lodge, 1997 Wilderness Lodge/Niki Bird, 1991 Small cheap motel, 1990 Small cheap motel, 1981 Orlando Area Campground
jimsanfilippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:09 AM   #107
NicoleK1974
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~I doubt if you are still following this thread, but I like really like this post, so I will quote you again.

~Currently, there is another FP+ test underway at WDW, for guests staying at AKL, except this time it's with the Magic Bands. What's so funny is a poster described her experience and it was so similar to yours and the other reviews I've encountered. The poster said she felt just like a VIP, too!

~Anyway, by her accounts the test is going very smoothly and she is having a fabulous time, so hopefully this will be a sign of things to come!!! So get ready for 2014, it will be here before you know it!
I just came back as we are planning our next UNEXPECTED trip!

I would love if it rolled out my Halloween when we are going to be there!

BTW: to anyone I confused by saying it saved me over 1/2 a day just from the Toy Story FP+, I meant just having that issue alone solved saved me a 1/2 day.

We also FP+ for Little Mermaid and....I think it might have been Disney Jr. Show....

But we were at HS a total of about 4 hours to do everything we wanted and also to eat, whereas if we didn't have the FP+, it would have been al ALL DAY at HS just kinda waiting in lines and wandering around waiting for FP times, getting pushed and shoved at rope drop, the hassle of all that, etc.

So instead of getting up at the crack of dawn just to grab a FP for TS, we were able to do other thing we wanted until about 1:00 in the afternoon.

NicoleK1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #108
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

This is what I was expecting. A little planning and a lot of available time.
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #109
f19810
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleK1974 View Post
I just came back as we are planning our next UNEXPECTED trip!

So instead of getting up at the crack of dawn just to grab a FP for TS, we were able to do other thing we wanted until about 1:00 in the afternoon.
Now you will have to get up at the crack of dawn to reserve your fastpass+ for TSM. With fastpass+ you may get up at the crack of dawn and not be able to get your fastpass. At least with the current system, if you get up at the crack of dawn to get to DHS, you KNOW that you will get the fastpass. I can't get some ADRs at 180 days, now I have to worry about this.
f19810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #110
Pick-A-Lilys
Earning My Ears

Unhappy

Well...I'm sure I'm in the minority, but this is WAY too much planning for me for a leisurely vacation. I'm ok with scheduling where I have dining reservations...but scheduling Fastpasses....nope...bad idea.
Pick-A-Lilys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #111
tmadden
Earning My Ears

Magic Kingdom Fastpass +

I don't like how Disney is putting all the headliner attractions in the same group. Expect this @ Hollywood Studios & EPCOT also
Before Leaving Home

Randomly selected guests who booked Disney’s Magical Express as part of their vacation were selected for the test. About a week before they were scheduled to arrive at Disney World, they received a package at home that included the new FastPass Plus cards (embedded with RFID technology) and instructions on selecting four experiences. The mailing showed these lists:

Select two experiences from this group:

The Barnstormer
Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade
Dumbo The Flying Elephant (which already has a queueless waiting system)
Haunted Mansion
Jungle Cruise
The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh
Mickey’s PhilharMagic
Town Square Theater: Meet Mickey & Minnie

And also: Select two experiences from this group:

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
Main Street Electrical Parade
Peter Pan’s Flight
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Town Square Theater: Meet The Disney Princesses
Wishes Nighttime Spectacular

I think it is interesting that several of the experiences were not attractions at all but shows and parades. Historically FastPass has not been available for these events. Disney has reportedly done tests of reserved seating for parades and fireworks shows (Source). I do like this idea, since to get a decent viewing spot you normally have to camp out an hour or more in advance. Also, I saw a roped off viewing area for the Main Street Electrical Parade directly in front of Cinderella Castle. I thought it was unusual, and assumed it was for VIPs for handicapped access. But it may well have been part of the FastPass Plus test – for those who scheduled the parade experience in a advance, they could go to the reserved viewing spot and get good seat without a long wait.
tmadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #112
DocWes
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleK1974 View Post

I think this is exactly what Disney is trying to do. Free up time and improve the experience so you will be happier, spend more and come back.

Being a Disney newbie last year, we found it overwhelming trying to rush around for FPs and then sometimes having times that were many hours later in the day. I might be in the minority on the Dis boards but I think the FP+ will in the end make for more relaxing trips with more quality time and less wasted time.

DocWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #113
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmadden View Post
I don't like how Disney is putting all the headliner attractions in the same group. Expect this @ Hollywood Studios & EPCOT also
Before Leaving Home

Randomly selected guests who booked Disney’s Magical Express as part of their vacation were selected for the test. About a week before they were scheduled to arrive at Disney World, they received a package at home that included the new FastPass Plus cards (embedded with RFID technology) and instructions on selecting four experiences. The mailing showed these lists:

Select two experiences from this group:

The Barnstormer
Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade
Dumbo The Flying Elephant (which already has a queueless waiting system)
Haunted Mansion
Jungle Cruise
The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh
Mickey’s PhilharMagic
Town Square Theater: Meet Mickey & Minnie

And also: Select two experiences from this group:

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
Main Street Electrical Parade
Peter Pan’s Flight
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Town Square Theater: Meet The Disney Princesses
Wishes Nighttime Spectacular

I think it is interesting that several of the experiences were not attractions at all but shows and parades. Historically FastPass has not been available for these events. Disney has reportedly done tests of reserved seating for parades and fireworks shows (Source). I do like this idea, since to get a decent viewing spot you normally have to camp out an hour or more in advance. Also, I saw a roped off viewing area for the Main Street Electrical Parade directly in front of Cinderella Castle. I thought it was unusual, and assumed it was for VIPs for handicapped access. But it may well have been part of the FastPass Plus test – for those who scheduled the parade experience in a advance, they could go to the reserved viewing spot and get good seat without a long wait.
That article (found here) is ANCIENT information and has no bearing on anything tested in the last couple months or upcoming tests.

The article has no obvious date (a pet peeve for sites that post "news"), but it was actually posted in September.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: