Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #76
4 The Love Of Disney
Pro-Planner

If no one has any objection, I have no problem setting up, updating, and maintaining an FE list for this cruise. Let me know so I can get to work on it. At least it gives me something Disney-like to do for the next 480+ days lol

Watch out Mickey, here we come!

2014 - Disney Fantasy and POR
2013 - Disney Dream, POR & runDisney weekend
2011 - POR, Disney Dream, Boardwalk Inn
2010 - POR
2009 - All Star Movies - Toy Story bldg
2008 - All Star Music, All Star Sports, All Star Movies
2006 - Animal Kingdom
2005 - Offsite
4 The Love Of Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #77
tuvalox
Earning My Ears

Hi all,

I just booked this cruise today. First Disney cruise for me and my wife. First cruise at all for the kids. Kids will be DD(11) DS(10) and DD(7) at the time we sail.

We are going to keep it a secret from the kids.

.... if we can.
tuvalox is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #78
RHMBLindsay
Earning My Ears

Our First Disney Cruise

Hi Everyone - we just moved our cruise to this date. I originally had a January 2014 cruise booked to celebrate my 40th birthday but then DH just informed me that the week we would be on the cruise would be the same week our son's hockey playoffs start (the team might not be very happy if their goalie was on vacation during playoffs). On our cruise will be myself - Heather, DH - Rod, DD - Madison (will be 11), and DS - Bryden (will be 9).

July 2013 - All Star Sports (Daughter Danced at Disney)
Sept 2012 - Coronado Springs (Surprise Vacation)
April 2011 - POP
RHMBLindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #79
MickeyAB
Earning My Ears

That will be fine with us. We do not use facebook, so would need to find another way to keep up. Thanks for working on this. Have you participated in Secret Mickey?
MickeyAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #80
disneydork3
Obsessed with Disney

We officially booked today! My DD (11 on cruise) is going to be so happy to have all these kids her age!!! DH's b-day is on the 9th. Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

We want to participate in FE too, thank you 4 The Love Of Disney, for coordinating the list.

I am so excited that we'll have Christmas decorations and activities (if they follow this year's schedule)!! Do we have a cruise name yet?

WDW = 1996 off property ~ 2000 off property ~ 2008 WL ~ 2009 POP ~ 2010 SSR and POP ~ 2011 off property ~ 2012 off property, POR and ASMusic ~ 2013 SSR ~ 2014 off property and POFQ ~ 2015 SSR

DCL = 2012 DREAM Double Dip ~ 2014 MAGIC Southern Caribbean ~ 2016 FANTASY Eastern Caribbean

Last edited by disneydork3; 07-21-2013 at 10:04 PM.
disneydork3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:29 AM   #81
4 The Love Of Disney
Pro-Planner

I will post a FE list this week so everyone can check for any errors. Don't have a cruise name yet and would welcome any ideas!

2010 - POR
2006 - Animal Kingdom
2005 - Offsite
Old 07-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #82
disneydork3
Obsessed with Disney

How about Island Amigos or Castaway Crew. We should be able to think of something fun!!! Is there a facebook page set up?

WDW = 1996 off property ~ 2000 off property ~ 2008 WL ~ 2009 POP ~ 2010 SSR and POP ~ 2011 off property ~ 2012 off property, POR and ASMusic ~ 2013 SSR ~ 2014 off property and POFQ ~ 2015 SSR

DCL = 2012 DREAM Double Dip ~ 2014 MAGIC Southern Caribbean ~ 2016 FANTASY Eastern Caribbean

Old 07-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #83
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydork3 View Post
We officially booked today! My DD (11 on cruise) is going to be so happy to have all these kids her age!!! DH's b-day is on the 9th. Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

We want to participate in FE too, thank you 4 The Love Of Disney, for coordinating the list.

I am so excited that we'll have Christmas decorations and activities (if they follow this year's schedule)!! Do we have a cruise name yet?
! I have been missing lately but happy to have all of our new members. It has actually been sort of a quiet summer but busy none the less. The first grandchild is due next month - can't wait!! I will be travelling to that baby shower this coming Saturday. The second one has a ways to go yet but moving along, none the less - with all this Christmas in July advertising I have seen, makes me feel like it will be here before I know it!

Take care everyone - and stay cool. All this heat makes me think the snow is actually OK (I can't beleive I just said that).

glindamood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #84
tuvalox
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydork3 View Post
How about Island Amigos or Castaway Crew. We should be able to think of something fun!!! Is there a facebook page set up?
A name would be fun. Something you can't say 5 times fast

Like "Festive Fantasy Fishers of Fun"

Following the flow forward forever flabbergasted making flubber.
tuvalox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #85
SweetMickey
Earning My Ears

New here!

Hello,

My family will be on the 11.8.14 cruise, too. This will be our first cruise ever and we are pretty new to the whole Disney thing (we went to DW on a family trip as adults a few years ago and loved it).

Seems so very far away, but we are excited to try this out!

Just found these boards last week and I seem to have much to learn.

Happy to be here!

(And I totally dig this dancing banana)
SweetMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #86
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMickey View Post
Hello,

My family will be on the 11.8.14 cruise, too. This will be our first cruise ever and we are pretty new to the whole Disney thing (we went to DW on a family trip as adults a few years ago and loved it).

Seems so very far away, but we are excited to try this out!

Just found these boards last week and I seem to have much to learn.

Happy to be here!

(And I totally dig this dancing banana)
to our group and the DIS. I found the boards before our first cruise back in 2000 (yeah, that is right, no typo) and it is a wealth of information and lots of really great people as well! I am honored to have met those that I have and call my friends! So, if you have questions, ask away, there are repeat cruises in our group as well as on the main cruise board and someone will surely know the answer. It is my time to learn abuot the nursery (as it will be used with grandchild #2) for the very first time on this trip. Our first is due next month and the one that is sailing on this trip is due in January so I know nothing when it comes to really little ones on cruises. Can't wait!

I have little to report though - we are still 15 months out but it will go quickly, time generally does.

glindamood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #87
4 The Love Of Disney
Pro-Planner

FE List

Hi All! I have gone through the 6 pages of posts to our cruise meet thread and have put together the working list of people who have indicated an interest in joining the Fish Extender (FE). Please take a moment to go over this initial list. If I have missed anyone, added someone in error, or have made any other error - please let me know.

If I have made an error, please accept my apologies - give me the right info and I will rectify it asap. There were some posts that did not specify joining the FE and I did not want to make any assumptions.

If you need to add a name, an age to someone in your party, your room number, etc. please either PM me or just post on the thread, as I will continue to monitor the thread and update regularly.

As for the name of our group - my vote is towards Island Amigos - but that is just me.

Another post mentioned a Secret Mickey - is that different from the FE? I am not sure what that is...

For those that are new to the FE program, please ask any questions you have as I am sure there is someone on this thread that can answer you. Also please consider ( for those that haven't ) including the ages for your children, so that we can provide age appropriate gifts.

Are we there yet???

Thank you

Zaid

-------------------------------------
FE List

DISboards Profile: 4 the Love of Disney
Stateroom:
Guests: DH (Zaid), DW (Rachelle), DS (Austin - 12), DD (Rebecca - 9), DS (Nicholas - turns 7 on cruise)

DISboards Profile: sparklechicks
Stateroom:
Guests: DW (Stacey), DH (James), DS (Max – 13), DD (Madeline – 12), DD (Mia – 9)

DISboards Profile: pepr1800
Stateroom:
Guests:

DISboards Profile: Lahmanfam05
Stateroom:
Guests: DW (32), DH (34), DD (?), DD (5), DS (15 months at time of cruise)

DISboards Profile: Disney Sweetie
Stateroom: 8576
Guests: DW (Pam), DH (Mike), DD (Katrina)

DISboards Profile: BentleysMom2011
Stateroom: 8578
Guests: DW (Leissa), DH (Charlie), DS (Bentley)

DISboards Profile: MickeyAB
Stateroom:
Guests: DH, DW, DS (13), DD (12)

DISboards Profile: disneydork3
Stateroom:
Guests: DW, DH (birthday on the 9th), DD (11)

2010 - POR
2006 - Animal Kingdom
2005 - Offsite
Old 07-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #88
4 The Love Of Disney
Pro-Planner

Also I will provide a running total of participants when I post updates to the list (I will try to do so at the end of each month until we get a little closer to our cruise date).

2010 - POR
2006 - Animal Kingdom
2005 - Offsite
Old 07-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #89
SweetMickey
Earning My Ears

Gail, what a sweet welcome - thank you!

And congrats on those grand children that will arrive soon - how exciting!!!!

I have a two-year old, and seeing my parents as grandparents has been really awesome. I also love my parents in a whole new way having become a parent myself. I hear being a grandparent is the best.

We are a little on the fence about the FE thing..... looks like I have lots of time to decide - hahahahaha! Whether we participate or not, I am delighted to "meet" some nice people ahead of time.

Thanks to you all for your enthusiasm and excitement.
SweetMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #90
disneydork3
Obsessed with Disney

Great job, Zaid! Thank you for keeping track of everyone!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: