Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #16
wvjules
DIS Veteran

Hmm, sprinkle Sensa on junk food to lose weight? Sounds like a bad, bad idea. How will you ever learn to eat right while using the magic sprinkles?
wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:47 AM   #17
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

It makes your wallet lighter... but that is about it.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2013, 08:10 AM   #18
DawnM
Dawn

I found this response on a Yahoo! Answers site:

Go here for Sensa ingredients --> http://www.livestrong.com/article/98962-…

Sensa serves no useful purpose. It's a scam which you don't need unless you want some extra calories, just love the taste, and don't mind paying $30 a month for sugar. Sensa is sold as a supplement and supplements are not approved by the FDA, are virtually unregulated, do not have the protections afforded foods and drugs, are not recommended by the US National Institute of Health, do not require any testing, are often contaminated, may not even be what the label says, usually contain cheap ingredients, are often over priced scams, have been known to be dangerous, and can have numerous adverse or unwanted side effects.

Sensa consists of Maltodextrin, Tricalcium Phosphate, Silica, natural and artificial flavors plus soy and milk ingredients. They are all cheap ingredients so you're not going to be getting what you're paying for. The first ingredient is, of course, the one which Sensa has most and it's just sugar ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maltodextri… .

Like most supplement scams, you can't believe what you read about it on the Internet because the manufacturers pay for phony reviews like this one ---> http://www.consumerhealthanswers.com/sen… , fake scientific sounding articles, bogus testimonials, fake news reports, etc. They know that you're not going to go to page two of the search results so as long as they can keep their ads at the top of the search engine organic output, you'll be suckered into believing all the propaganda they're telling you.

Sense is supposed to "fool" your brain into thinking you're full....lol. If anything could fool your brain into thinking you're full, how does Weight Watchers stay in business, why are 2/3 of Americans over weight, and who is paying for all the Herbalite, Hoodia, acai, green tea, hydroxycut, and the rest of the junk that doesn't work?

Check out this article and note the excerpt: "I don’ normally like to write about products I haven’ tried myself, but with this one I had to. The negative feedback on this demonic dandruff is just too overwhelming and you should avoid it like the plague. If you do decide (possibly in a drunken stuper) that you simply must try this for yourself, please please please proceed with caution and a credit card with ironclad consumer protection!"
Ref: http://www.health-actually.com/reviews/s…

Here's another article. Note the excerpt: "Common side effects experienced while using Sensa include upset stomach, vomiting, diarrhea and hives. If you have difficulty breathing, dizziness or swelling after taking Sensa, you should contact your doctor immediately. People without known allergies have also experienced some of these side effects while using Sensa. Others reported side effects including gas and loose bowel movements. "
Ref: http://www.squidoo.com/sensa-review-is-s…

And one more. Note the excerpt: "So will it really work? I doubt it. I imagine that in the beginning you might feel fuller and less hungry. But over time your body will just get used to the new smells and tastes. Honestly, this is not a good way to lose weight. Take the $89.95 (every 60 days) and buy a gym membership, Wii Fit, or more nutritious foods. Is it long term? The main reason to avoid Sensa is because it is NOT a long term solution. You do not want to buy their product for the rest of your life to stay slim."
Ref: http://stopdietingandlive.com/blog/is-se…

Good luck and good health!!

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #19
rgf207
DIS Veteran

There's no magic pill or powder. If there were, there wouldn't be any fat people.

Diet and exercise are the best ways to control weight.

2002 - Off Site;2004 - Off Site;March 2005 - AKL;Sept 2005 - PoP, POR, ASMo;May 2006 - POR;June 2007 - BCV;June 2008 - SSR; March 2009 - SSR; August 2009 - SSR, AKV; Feb 2010 - VWL; Jun 2010 - BCV; Feb 2011 - AKV; June 2012 - BLT
rgf207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #20
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgf207 View Post
There's no magic pill or powder. If there were, there wouldn't be any fat people.

100% agree, with diet being the biggest factor.

OP - I'd take a look at what you're eating. Make sure the portions are correct and try to healthy it up a bit. A slight change in diet can drop those pounds pretty easily.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #21
Juliegirl1
DIS Veteran

I bought it, tried it and yes, I didn't eat as much. However, that was due to the fact that it was gritty and was almost akin to sprinkling sand on your food. Annoying enough to make anyone stop eating. I hated it and tried to return it for a refund and got hassled but eventually ended up with my money back. Don't waste your time or your money.
Juliegirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #22
emer95
DIS Veteran

Every time I see the commercial, I always think you can get better results by sprinkling dirt on your food.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #23
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

100% agree!
Old 07-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #24
ckay87
demented and sad...but social
This morning I had "you can't overlook your underwear" stuck in my head
Scared by a clapper in her teens

Is that the one that makes you poop your pants if you eat something you're not supposed to? Or was that Alli? That always kind of cracked me up.... if that's not incentive to eat well, I don't know what is!
ckay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #25
Albort
ODV Crew
The challenge is - who can find me?

Quote:

theres not magic pill that helps you lose weight by it self.
There are pills that help you on top of diet and exercising. I have taken a few and they do work. They give you a boost on energy and somehow make you not as hungry as you would before...

ive taken the Green Tea extract and Hydroxycut. both works about the same.

ironically, i havent lost a single lbs. i did however lose a pant size. Took 3 months ish.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #26
ChristineNic
Mouseketeer

I tried Sensa. The only thing that got lighter was my wallet.
ChristineNic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: