Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #346
disneydeux
Can Once in a Lifetime Happen Twice?

Thanks for a great report!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
disneydeux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #347
DCW
Mouseketeer

can't wait

Just started to read your report,
we go in October, getting very excited

Trip History:

2013 Oct DS 18th Birthday on the Fantasy, Western
2012 MR on The Wonder
2007 Magic, Eastern,
1994 Royal Caribbean Honeymoon cruise MR
1992 WDW
Countless trips to DL (grew up there)

DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2013, 12:26 AM   #348
LynseyK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawncala View Post
The Storm and the Cheese (part 4) AKA: NEXT!

So we finished tasting all the cheeses and dabbing the remaining tears from our eyes. DH, who had leaned back in his chair to give his full stomach some more room to expand, happily exclaimed “Next!” to what we both thought was an empty room. It wasn’t however. Linda was just outside the door. She came hurrying in and said in an amused voice “yes, sir” which started us laughing all over again.

The next course was dessert. YEAH! Again, the presentation was amazing. DH's was called Paris-Brest, which was basically a trio of delicious hazelnut profiteroles, and I got this crazy frozen Peruvian chocolate cylinder wrapped in a chocolate sail with some sort of shimmery fruit gel and caramel caviar on the side. The caramel caviar was unlike anything I’d had before and I loved them. I joked with DH that I was going to ask for a bowl of them next time I saw Linda. Looking back on it I should have actually asked. This was a Disney cruise after all and she might have granted my wish. I was also served a chocolate yolk floating in some sort of liqueur. I let DH have it. I was simply too full to eat it, but it earned me brownie point with him anyway.

Paris-Brest: AKA hazelnut puffs

Peruvian chocolate cylinder. The Nike style sparkling swoosh was some sort of fruit gel and the little golden balls are caramel caviar.

Chocolate yolk in a liqueur. You eat it like an oyster-on-the-half-shell.

With dessert we were offered coffee or tea. DH ordered an espresso and I ordered some hot mint tea. I was hoping it might help the digestive process move more quickly. By this point I wasn’t sure I’d be able to walk out of there under my own power. As Linda cleared our dessert plates and walked away she quietly said with a French accented giggle. “Next!” DH and I were practically on the floor laughing.

Well, Linda wasn’t kidding. Next she brought out a plate (a big one) full of house-made sweets. Homemade marshmallows, caramels, chocolates... We groaned and DH said “Are you kidding me?” Linda asked us if we would like them wrapped to-go and we practically shouted “Yes please!” She told us to eat the hazelnut one because it wouldn’t keep. (I don’t seem to have photos of the sweets plate.)

Roughly 3 hours after arriving at Remy our experience was complete. We signed the tab and with our doggie bags in hand we slowly, and I mean snail’s pace, made our way back to the room. I'm not sure how long it took us to waddle down three flights of stairs and to mid-ship, but it seemed like an eternity. DH and I passed the time arguing over who was fuller.

The kids were watching a movie on the TV but were excited to show us what had arrived while we were gone. Lying on the bed was a Thank You card from Remy, a red rose and a box of gourmet chocolates. When I opened the box I half expected there to be a single word written inside the lid… “Next!”

Special Remy surprises and the to-go bag of house-made sweets

Next up: Day 5
I was on this exact cruise as well and I believe we ate in Remy on the same night. The night that we were in Costa Maya. We had dinner reservations at 7 I believe but we got a table almost exactly when you first walk in. They were pretty busy the whole time we were there. I don't remember seeing you guys but not sure how big Remy was
LynseyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #349
DCW
Mouseketeer

love the report, question

Love the report we sail the same itinerary this Ocober.

Did you notice any scooters or carts for rent on Grand Caymen? and is American money accepted in these ports.

We plan on doing our own thing on Caymen Costa, Much like you did. We did the same on St Martin a few years back and had a blast getting out of the
t-shirt/jewlery/liquor store traps.

Now back to reading your TR

Trip History:

2013 Oct DS 18th Birthday on the Fantasy, Western
2012 MR on The Wonder
2007 Magic, Eastern,
1994 Royal Caribbean Honeymoon cruise MR
1992 WDW
Countless trips to DL (grew up there)

DCW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: