Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #16
graysonsmom
Earning My Ears

Ok I'm confused... for those much smarter than me... what if you don't need the round trip ticket flight... you just need to get home... best options money wise... I don't have points! I would love to do this cruise next year but can't justify the money for return flight!
graysonsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #17
gilsan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
We just did this cruise and loved it. We've only ever done two cruises before, both were 7-night MR cruises on the Wonder. Our first cruise was in a 5B, our second was in a SPH and this cruise was in a 10C on deck 1. There were four of us in the room, our girls just turned nine, and it was fantastic! We actually were in the room for 21 nights as we did a B2B with the first Med. The amount of room is the same as that of a verandah or porthole room. We didn't have natural light, but that didn't bother us at all. For the EBTA deck one was fantastic; I couldn't get over how quiet it was.
I am happy to read this. We are booked on the EBTA and the first Mediterranean. We have only sailed with verandah's before but are in an inside room for these cruises. We don't spend much time in the rooms so we thought it was a good way to save money

2009 POFQ, 2010 Grand Floridian, 2011 Wilderness Lodge, 2012 BC/Dream Cruise/Poly, 2012 Halloween Fantasy Cruise, 2013 AKV, 2014 SSR/Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise2015 Eastbound Transatlantic Mmmm....Cake, 9 nights of Deluxe Dining w/Pictures
gilsan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #18
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilsan View Post
I am happy to read this. We are booked on the EBTA and the first Mediterranean. We have only sailed with verandah's before but are in an inside room for these cruises. We don't spend much time in the rooms so we thought it was a good way to save money
Honestly, I was worried. But in order to afford it, we had to go with an inside room. I had hoped to get an upgrade at the port, but we got there late and there were none. (I did book the room knowing that it might be what we ended up with, I am not so foolish to book something that we couldn't live with.) But I was really pleasantly surprised to find that we loved it! We are hoping to do the EBTA next year and have booked a 10C down on deck 1 again. From now on out, I just can't see spending the money on a verandah room. (And I appreciate that there are plenty of folks out there that can't fathom being in an inside room. For us I'm now sold on the insides. Specifically donw on deck 1 to keep our weights in check )
Old 06-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #19
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by graysonsmom View Post
Ok I'm confused... for those much smarter than me... what if you don't need the round trip ticket flight... you just need to get home... best options money wise... I don't have points! I would love to do this cruise next year but can't justify the money for return flight!
A lot of folks on our EBTA this year flew on Icelandic Air. I think you have to do a stopover in Iceland, but it seemed that their flights were really cheap!
Old 06-14-2013, 07:18 AM   #20
gilsan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
Honestly, I was worried. But in order to afford it, we had to go with an inside room. I had hoped to get an upgrade at the port, but we got there late and there were none. (I did book the room knowing that it might be what we ended up with, I am not so foolish to book something that we couldn't live with.) But I was really pleasantly surprised to find that we loved it! We are hoping to do the EBTA next year and have booked a 10C down on deck 1 again. From now on out, I just can't see spending the money on a verandah room. (And I appreciate that there are plenty of folks out there that can't fathom being in an inside room. For us I'm now sold on the insides. Specifically donw on deck 1 to keep our weights in check )
We are saving $800 on the EBTA by downgrading and in will cover 25% of the Mediterranean cruise so really it is a no brainer. I am happy to hear that 19 days in an inside cabin isn't to bad

2009 POFQ, 2010 Grand Floridian, 2011 Wilderness Lodge, 2012 BC/Dream Cruise/Poly, 2012 Halloween Fantasy Cruise, 2013 AKV, 2014 SSR/Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise2015 Eastbound Transatlantic Mmmm....Cake, 9 nights of Deluxe Dining w/Pictures
gilsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #21
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilsan View Post
We are saving $800 on the EBTA by downgrading and in will cover 25% of the Mediterranean cruise so really it is a no brainer. I am happy to hear that 19 days in an inside cabin isn't to bad
That's a big chunk of change, so it really makes sense.

Four of us in there for 21 days and it was fine. We also had a double steamer trunk and plenty of storage. We way over-packed and couldn't use the over the door shoe holder, and yet still had plenty of storage space.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #22
Disneyqueendenmark
Mouseketeer

This years EBTA sailed from Galveston, Texas and was 14-nights, right?? And 2014 will only be 12-nights and sail from Port Canaveral?
Excited to hear your expiriences with the TA cruise this year!!
Thinking about booking :D first I was sold on the California coast cruise, then Alaska, then Bahamian and now Transatlantic. Never thought I could afford it, but actually don't think the price is outrageous - and I think I can save some money on flights since I live in Europe!
You all say that the weather was fine, but was it like warm enough to relax by the pool and swim? Did you get tanned? Was it windy? And how about temp?
Thanks a lot!! :D
Disneyland Resort - Christmas 2011
Walt Disney World AOA & FQ - January 2013
Upcoming Disneyland trip, Christmas 2014
Disneyqueendenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #23
Spart02
Mouseketeer

Iceland Air is cheap! Too bad they don't fly to the US before June 7th. I need June 1st!!!

May 98 - CBR - Honeymoon
Jan. 02 - Offsite - DoubleTree Club
Jan. 04 - POP
Jan. 06 - POP
Sept. 06 - Disneyland Hotel
Dec. 07 - POP
Jan. 09 - Wilderness Lodge
Jan. 10 - Dreams Villas
Oct. 10 - Dreams Villas
Jan. 12 - Disney Dream Cruise, then Bay Lake Tower
June 13 - Wonder - Alaska!
May 14 - Magic - Transatlantic
Spart02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #24
Gigi22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spart02 View Post
Iceland Air is cheap! Too bad they don't fly to the US before June 7th. I need June 1st!!!
I've been looking at Iceland Air for a friend. The earliest available flight from Barcelona is June 7, but there are earlier flights to the U.S. available from both Paris and London, you can take another airline to either ...
Old 07-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #25
topsy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyqueendenmark View Post
This years EBTA sailed from Galveston, Texas and was 14-nights, right?? And 2014 will only be 12-nights and sail from Port Canaveral?
Excited to hear your expiriences with the TA cruise this year!!
Thinking about booking :D first I was sold on the California coast cruise, then Alaska, then Bahamian and now Transatlantic. Never thought I could afford it, but actually don't think the price is outrageous - and I think I can save some money on flights since I live in Europe!
You all say that the weather was fine, but was it like warm enough to relax by the pool and swim? Did you get tanned? Was it windy? And how about temp?
Thanks a lot!! :D
We thought the same. My friend and I were looking for a 7 night Med cruise, thinking flights from London to Barcelona would be cheap. We were so shocked to find that it was cheaper for us to book a 12 night EBTA than a 7 night European cruise!

Even with flights, we're still getting more for our money with the EBTA.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: