Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #511
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,968

I had to do something to celebrate the 6 month mark so I ordered, with fax conformation, Joshua's in room gifts and an OBC. I ordered him the Cruisn' Fun package.

Grab your tunes and get the party started with this portable MP3 speaker system. Pack the sleek Disney Cruise Line backpack with a set of DCL exclusive playing cards, a DCL waterbottle, a travel clock, koozie and you're all ready to amp it up poolside or at the beach. Compatible with most devices.

I also ordered another water bottle for me as this package only comes with one.

And his OBC.

I'm so excited.

__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #512
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,361

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
In a nutshell, give or take. Gabby doesn't have an interview yet, just dropping off the application. So Cal for August is iffy but since DH is going to Miami for a week for business and trust me when I say it's not harrowing or stressful, I have a little leverage for a quick drive to So Cal. My friend lives in Seal just a block or so away so we'd stay with her. Disney is not likely as I can't stomach or afford or justify the rices for 4 one day hoppers. They're just outrageous. The kids swear they'll be fine with the beach and I actually believe them. We need some beach time.
I believe you, on the beach. Would you stop in Vegas again on the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Good idea on Cozumel. I really love Mexico. Real Mexico. I love Cabo about 2 blocks inland. I can't stand the port area. It's like shopping in Newport Beach at Fashion Island or some other outdoor shopping venue. Not my thing. Joshua hasn't been to Mexico and I want him to get a feel for the culture. I know that'll be difficult with what, 7 hours, but doable for sure. Safety is key but I'm not reading any traveler warnings for Cozumel any than the same warnings for places like say NYC. Be smart, money away, blah blah blah.


Then I see this on the Disney website:

Speed Boat Beach Escape

On this tour you will:

Meet your guide and take an approximate 20-minute taxi ride to Barracuda Beach, where you will receive a short safety briefing on the operation of your 2-person speed boat. Don your life jacket (mandatory), get behind the wheel and head out through the turquoise seas.
You will drive your boat past sugar white beaches, hidden lagoons and local wildlife during the approximate 60-minute boat adventure.
Return to Barracuda Beach for a Mexican grilled lunch that includes chicken fajitas, quesadillas, nachos with cheese, salsas and fresh fruit. 2 beverages (water or flavored water) are included.
Bask in the sun, swim in the ocean, explore the beach, join in a friendly game of volleyball or just relax under your beach umbrella during your approximate 90 minutes of beach time.
Return to the pier with an approximate 20-minute taxi ride.



How fun does that look? Here's the link:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cr...-beach-escape/


The only bummer is the food. We could eat a lot better and authentic in town for sure. [/center]
That does sound very fun! And very you guys with the boat. Would M freak out about you out on a boat just the 2 of you in Mexico? I'm always a little nervous about equipment in those scenarios but do trust Disney to vet the vendors, it's why we booked through them on ours even though it cost a little more. Maybe not necessarily "Real" Mexico though.....Cozumel from what I recall is pretty touristy so it may be a bit of work to get away from that. I am totally at the Fashion Mall comment. So NOT my thing either! We are always floored by so many that go to all these places and...

shop.

I can see a little of it, sure, but some folks seem to only do that when they leave the ship. I'd definitely be doing some homework on this one. Maybe you can find a different package that doesn't include the food? I agree with you on that aspect for sure.

http://seattletimes.com/html/travel/...cozumel08.html
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #513
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,968

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I believe you, on the beach. Would you stop in Vegas again on the way?

No, I think we'll skip the whole Vegas thing. We'll get up super early, as I don't sleep anyway, and head to CA. We can always stop if we want but I think we'll be okay.

You believe me on the beach but not Disney? I'm not telling M as he doesn't believe me either about potentially not doing Disney.



Quote:
That does sound very fun! And very you guys with the boat. Would M freak out about you out on a boat just the 2 of you in Mexico? I'm always a little nervous about equipment in those scenarios but do trust Disney to vet the vendors, it's why we booked through them on ours even though it cost a little more. Maybe not necessarily "Real" Mexico though.....Cozumel from what I recall is pretty touristy so it may be a bit of work to get away from that. I am totally at the Fashion Mall comment. So NOT my thing either! We are always floored by so many that go to all these places and...

shop.

I can see a little of it, sure, but some folks seem to only do that when they leave the ship. I'd definitely be doing some homework on this one. Maybe you can find a different package that doesn't include the food? I agree with you on that aspect for sure.

http://seattletimes.com/html/travel/...cozumel08.html


Thank you for the link, I'll check it out.

I'm totally fine with watercraft of any kind really. Plus we have life jackets and were in a group.

Mexico doesn't freak either of us out. When Gabby was tiny, I took her into Mexico, about 2 hours from Tijuana while I was learning Spanish. I drove she and I from SLC to Ensenada by myself. We stayed for three weeks while I emerged myself into the language. Crazy right. It was amazing! We stayed with a friend from Utah's sister who spoke only Spanish. It was one of the best cultural experiences I've ever had. They had this crazy dog that I called el diablo. I don't recall his real name but he was a beast. Gabby made friends with some Hispanic kids and had a great time. I took a Spanish class with a few other non local women too.

My Spanish isn't nearly as good as it once was but even choppy Spanish is better than none. Definitely an advantage to feeling comfortable in the country.

Yeah the food on the package sounds terrible and I just can't fathom wasting all that local fare for a quesadilla and chips and salsa.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #514
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,361

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
No, I think we'll skip the whole Vegas thing. We'll get up super early, as I don't sleep anyway, and head to CA. We can always stop if we want but I think we'll be okay.

You believe me on the beach but not Disney? I'm not telling M as he doesn't believe me either about potentially not doing Disney.
No, I believe you on the beach versus the cost...you are a beach girl!


Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

I'm totally fine with watercraft of any kind really. Plus we have life jackets and were in a group.

Mexico doesn't freak either of us out. When Gabby was tiny, I took her into Mexico, about 2 hours from Tijuana while I was learning Spanish. I drove she and I from SLC to Ensenada by myself. We stayed for three weeks while I emerged myself into the language. Crazy right. It was amazing! We stayed with a friend from Utah's sister who spoke only Spanish. It was one of the best cultural experiences I've ever had. They had this crazy dog that I called el diablo. I don't recall his real name but he was a beast. Gabby made friends with some Hispanic kids and had a great time. I took a Spanish class with a few other non local women too.

My Spanish isn't nearly as good as it once was but even choppy Spanish is better than none. Definitely an advantage to feeling comfortable in the country.

Yeah the food on the package sounds terrible and I just can't fathom wasting all that local fare for a quesadilla and chips and salsa. [/CENTER]
Oh I didn't think Mexico freaked you out, just wondered about the boat aspect as it would only be the 2 of you on the boat itself right? No guide etc.

I hear you, I had the privilege of going to a coffee farm in Chiapas with Conservation International for a week. Amazing experience.

Though the food was actually really meh and it was about as authentic as you get, big breakfast with all the workers. After a few days I was really over the scrambled egg, tortilla and refried beans for breakfast

Cool on the OBC and the stateroom gift sounds fun. I actually do a chunk of change as OBC via my Disney Visa ...that way I get the 6 months, plus the rewards point and it's so much less painful at the end of the cruise to cover all the drinks and souvies. LOL!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #515
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,968

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
No, I believe you on the beach versus the cost...you are a beach girl!

Thank you because M doesn't believe me for a hot second. I told him I could totally do it.




Quote:
Oh I didn't think Mexico freaked you out, just wondered about the boat aspect as it would only be the 2 of you on the boat itself right? No guide etc.

I hear you, I had the privilege of going to a coffee farm in Chiapas with Conservation International for a week. Amazing experience.

Though the food was actually really meh and it was about as authentic as you get, big breakfast with all the workers. After a few days I was really over the scrambled egg, tortilla and refried beans for breakfast

Cool on the OBC and the stateroom gift sounds fun. I actually do a chunk of change as OBC via my Disney Visa ...that way I get the 6 months, plus the rewards point and it's so much less painful at the end of the cruise to cover all the drinks and souvies. LOL!

That sounds like an incredible experience. What did you do with them?


I did it on my Disney Visa. Should I do more for me?
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #516
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,273

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
We're at a bit of a crossroads with regards to her working. I think a small very part time job wouldn't hurt but M's wanting something more time intensive. The problem is that I want her home to help me. Driving Joshua and cleaning some is work to me. I'm hoping she finds a one day a week little gig.


I hope you find something that works for everybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

They've been together a long time. Do they live together?

That's too bad about his kids. I'm sure he's so envious of how close you and your mom are.
Most of the time they do, she kept her house for several reasons.

It's a sad situation. He'd do anything for them, and often does, but they take advantage of him

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Colorado to see her camp friends. It's about an 8 hour drive. We'll see. That's a big step for me and she's a young driver without much experience.
I'm not a parent and that makes me nervous.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

Sadly no. I'd love to have something in mind but with the kids soccer and dance and Gabby's camp, it's so hard to make summer plans. I sure miss the days when they could miss school and we could travel at off times.
That's a lot of activities to juggle. I hope you're able to do something together you can't take then out of school and they make up the work? I did that in high school and it didn't seem too bad.




Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

Goole. They're naughty so if you're offended by horrible graphic language, you won't like them. NWA is compromised of Easy E (deceased), Wren, Dr. Dre, and Ice Cube. Later Snoop and Dre did some things together.

Whoa Nelly! I just looked them up, definitely not my taste


Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Yeah. How did you and your mom communicate?
If she left before I woke up she'd just write me a note. Otherwise we used the wave phones, they work great.




Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

There are excursions to Playa Del Carmen? An hour ferry? That doesn't sound great. Hmmm.......
I looked again, the ferry is only 45 minutes, that doesn't seem as bad. The ones to Playa are the last on the list of excursions. Some seem really fun. I'm leaning towards the Xcaret Eco Park. I did a mission trip to Playa in 8th grade and it would be great to go back. But then again just staying on Cozumel sounds great too. Decisions decisions


Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
In the infamous words of Tom Petty, the waiting is the hast part.

It'll be here before we know it. Hopefully then time slows down so the cruise seems really long


Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I agree, the prices aren't budging. I think there are fewer flights and they're more full/fuller so they can charge what they want.
Hopefully they go down. Fingers are crossed.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #517
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,273

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
[*]Pam's mom's DBF is a party pooper and I'm sad he doesn't have a better relationship with his daughters


And here is what I think
[LIST=1]

[*]Pam's mom's DBF is a party pooper and I'm sad he doesn't have a better relationship with his daughters oh, wait that is what I think
Indeed! this gave me a much needed laugh this morning, thank you

I'm sad for him too, they're pretty much users which is no good.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #518
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,273

The boat excursion sounds like great fun.

Congrats on the room gift and OBC I'm glad you got a confirmation this time.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #519
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,968

182 days!!!





Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post



Most of the time they do, she kept her house for several reasons.

I can totally see why people keep their homes especially if they get remarried.



Quote:
It's a sad situation. He'd do anything for them, and often does, but they take advantage of him.

That's too bad really. Do you and he get along?



Quote:
I'm not a parent and that makes me nervous.

Me too. Maybe the following year. When she's 18 I guess I won't have much of a choice but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.




Quote:
That's a lot of activities to juggle. I hope you're able to do something together you can't take then out of school and they make up the work? I did that in high school and it didn't seem too bad.
No. The girls can't miss school. I mean they could but after this past October trip, making up school work isn't their forte. I'd allow them to miss but they have a hard time catching up.






Quote:
Whoa Nelly! I just looked them up, definitely not my taste

I warned you. It's naughty. It's nostalgic too for me, having lived and worked and gone to school in Long Beach during my undergrad and when they were big.




Quote:
If she left before I woke up she'd just write me a note. Otherwise we used the wave phones, they work great.

I know the deposit for the wave phones is like $250. If something happened to one of those I'd die. Joshua is very responsible though.






Quote:
I looked again, the ferry is only 45 minutes, that doesn't seem as bad. The ones to Playa are the last on the list of excursions. Some seem really fun. I'm leaning towards the Xcaret Eco Park. I did a mission trip to Playa in 8th grade and it would be great to go back. But then again just staying on Cozumel sounds great too. Decisions decisions


45 isn't too bad.....what do you do at the Eco park? You did a mission trip? Cool! For church? I agree, too many choices. I've been looking around the good old Internet and found some good local restaurants and beaches that would only require a cab ride. Not sure how tied down I want to be to an excursion but they sound so fun.






Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
The boat excursion sounds like great fun.

Congrats on the room gift and OBC I'm glad you got a confirmation this time.

Thanks! I'm thinking I should add some OBC but again can just pay any charges with my Disney Visa at the time instead of starting the 6 months no interest now.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #520
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,361

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
[CENTER] Thank you because M doesn't believe me for a hot second. I told him I could totally do it.
Well if it were winter and not as warm out...maybe not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
That sounds like an incredible experience. What did you do with them?


I brought Sustainable, Certified Fair Trade/CI/Oxfam endorsed coffee over into our foodservice line while I was at Starbucks. Early days for that kind of thing and so it was a reward trip. We were short on marketing materials so I actually rented a professional camera and hauled that thing everywhere, Starbucks ended up using my shots in some of their store collateral. It was an amazing trip. Best part was going up to the El Triunfo Biosphere Reserve, on my birthday, and drinking sipping tequila at an old shelter at the top, in the rain, in the cloud forest. One of those things you'll never forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I did it on my Disney Visa. Should I do more for me?
Not yet, too early unless you want to break it up payment wise which I tend to do as by the time I get to 6 m...it's paid off before I even leave. I would when you get closer, I prepay my excursions, palo and tips. Tips you can actually prepay direct or do OBC, the rest is OBC
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #521
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,273

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
182 days!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
That's too bad really. Do you and he get along?
He's not my favorite person, but he makes mom happy so that's all that matters. He can be very moody which is difficult. My biggest problem is that I can't really be around him and just relax, he always wants to make conversation. There's no comfortable silence with him. But, he makes mom happy and that's all that matters.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

No. The girls can't miss school. I mean they could but after this past October trip, making up school work isn't their forte. I'd allow them to miss but they have a hard time catching up.
Bummer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I warned you. It's naughty. It's nostalgic too for me, having lived and worked and gone to school in Long Beach during my undergrad and when they were big.

It's not the words, it's the beat. I've never liked a rap beat. There's nothing like nostalgia though, it's a beautiful thing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I know the deposit for the wave phones is like $250. If something happened to one of those I'd die. Joshua is very responsible though.
No no no, you don't pay that unless you lose one. There's no money upfront.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
45 isn't too bad.....what do you do at the Eco park? You did a mission trip? Cool! For church? I agree, too many choices. I've been looking around the good old Internet and found some good local restaurants and beaches that would only require a cab ride. Not sure how tied down I want to be to an excursion but they sound so fun.
It looks like a swim/snorkle excursion in really cool environment. They have underground rivers you can swim in, natural pools, animal exhibits. I also thought of just staying on the ship but there's so many options I don't think that's a good idea. Oh yes, there are plenty of great restaurants close by. Some of the excursions aren't all day ones, you can probably do both depending on which you choose.

I can't remember how the mission trip was organized, it was with the church but not my local church. I was 14 and it was my first time out of the country besides Canada. Also first time away from my parents. My dad trusted me with some of his friends and sent me off. We helped build a church. It was an amazing experience and helped spur my wanderlust.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #522
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,968

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Well if it were winter and not as warm out...maybe not.
I wouldn't stand a chance in winter. That's one of the reasons we planned this cruise for the winter; to get me OUT of here. Every winter gets more difficult to withstand.



Quote:
I brought Sustainable, Certified Fair Trade/CI/Oxfam endorsed coffee over into our foodservice line while I was at Starbucks. Early days for that kind of thing and so it was a reward trip. We were short on marketing materials so I actually rented a professional camera and hauled that thing everywhere, Starbucks ended up using my shots in some of their store collateral. It was an amazing trip. Best part was going up to the El Triunfo Biosphere Reserve, on my birthday, and drinking sipping tequila at an old shelter at the top, in the rain, in the cloud forest. One of those things you'll never forget.
You worked at Starbucks? Gabby just put in her second pplication. They were hiring while she was away. That's the job she really wants.

Wow! What a great reward trip and they used your photos?! Thats super neat. How was it working for Starbucks?

Sounds like the perfect birthday!



Quote:
Not yet, too early unless you want to break it up payment wise which I tend to do as by the time I get to 6 m...it's paid off before I even leave. I would when you get closer, I prepay my excursions, palo and tips. Tips you can actually prepay direct or do OBC, the rest is OBC
That's a great idea to prepay. I think I should put on a little every month for the remaining 6 months and have it paid by the time we leave or within that 6 months.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post

He's not my favorite person, but he makes mom happy so that's all that matters. He can be very moody which is difficult. My biggest problem is that I can't really be around him and just relax, he always wants to make conversation. There's no comfortable silence with him. But, he makes mom happy and that's all that matters.

All men are moody. At least every man I have ever known. They either need food, sex, or a few nice words. Good thing no men read my report.



Quote:
It's not the words, it's the beat. I've never liked a rap beat. There's nothing like nostalgia though, it's a beautiful thing.

Thats funny. Its the beat I like. And the words. Nostalgia is a beautiful thing.




Quote:
No no no, you don't pay that unless you lose one. There's no money upfront.
So no real deposit but I guess they can put everything on your on board bill.




Quote:
It looks like a swim/snorkle excursion in really cool environment. They have underground rivers you can swim in, natural pools, animal exhibits. I also thought of just staying on the ship but there's so many options I don't think that's a good idea. Oh yes, there are plenty of great restaurants close by. Some of the excursions aren't all day ones, you can probably do both depending on which you choose.

I checked it out and it looks really fun, adventurous.

It seems a lot of people stay on the ship in Mexico. Cozumel has no travel advisories.

Quote:
I can't remember how the mission trip was organized, it was with the church but not my local church. I was 14 and it was my first time out of the country besides Canada. Also first time away from my parents. My dad trusted me with some of his friends and sent me off. We helped build a church. It was an amazing experience and helped spur my wanderlust.

What an amazing experience especially for a young teen. That first time away from our folks is sure a learning event. Gabby came home, in her eyes, very independent.

You helped build a church? Thats incredible. It probably added to your strong work ethic as well.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #523
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,273

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

All men are moody. At least every man I have ever known. They either need food, sex, or a few nice words. Good thing no men read my report.
You're so right probably the reason why I have yet to snag one, I can't put up with neediness.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

So no real deposit but I guess they can put everything on your on board bill.
Like you said, Joshua is very responsible. But by all means do what you're most comfortable with.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

I checked it out and it looks really fun, adventurous.

It seems a lot of people stay on the ship in Mexico. Cozumel has no travel advisories.
I wouldn't stay on the ship because of feeling any danger, just because the ship is so nice. But you're right, people are funny about Mexico. It does look like a lot of fun, I need to look over everything again and make a list. So many fun options to choose from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

What an amazing experience especially for a young teen. That first time away from our folks is sure a learning event. Gabby came home, in her eyes, very independent.

You helped build a church? Thats incredible. It probably added to your strong work ethic as well.
It was very cool. I did several mission trips after that, all of them included building something. It's very good for character building, and humbling to see how little some people survive with.

Im glad Gabby had a positive experience
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #524
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,968

Ill be back to reply properly Pam but how neat does this look?

http://thisiscozumel.com/content/view/1046/43/


__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #525
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,273

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Ill be back to reply properly Pam but how neat does this look?

http://thisiscozumel.com/content/view/1046/43/


That looks like a lot of fun. You're doing your research!
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: