Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #1651
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
yes the Values buses are superior to deluxes. For the money you pay for deluxe each person should have their own bus.

We have always had great luck with the buses at the value resorts. It's one of the things that holds me back from trying other resorts.

Quote:
Based on our experience there, probably too many people walking through the landscaping to get to their rooms!

Quote:
So we stand and wait, and Claire is griping away about being here, and I get my camera ready and I keep telling her it will be worth itÖand then it happened. The lights turned on! Claire was in mid-sentence and just GASP! I did too and I think I teared up a bit. This was STUNNING! I am a fan of gaudy Christmas lights and this was right up my alley. Pictures do not do this justice. You have to see it yourself.
What an awesome moment that must have been. In all the times we have seen the lights, we have never been there the moment they went on. You have me wishing we had done that.

Did you see the rumor thread about Osborne lights? I have no idea how true it is, but the rumor is out there that this could be the last year for them. The theory is that they would be using that area for some DHS expansion. No additional rumor about whether they would be relocated anywhere else.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #1652
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Gorgeous picture!

Another Gorgeous one!

We were so impressed by the Osbourne Lights, I just was mesmerized! I think we just stood there with our mouths open. I was taking pictures on my DSLR, my P&S, my phone, and john was videoing it on the camcorder and his phone!

Our PP were kinda sucky.
I loved it too. I need to go back!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
What great photos, Jen, of the Osborne Lights. If anyone can do them justice, it is you.

I hate when the PP photographer thinks he knows everything, but at least their pictures came out great.

Yeah, I was annoyed that the photographer told me they looked good. Clearly they didn't.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #1653
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Oh, I had not realised that they had Photopass photographers by the lights. I will have to stalk them in December.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #1654
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Oh, I had not realised that they had Photopass photographers by the lights. I will have to stalk them in December.

Corinna
They sure do and try to find them early or the lines get long
Old 07-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #1655
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

The Osborne Lights sure are a sight to be seen. Wonderful!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:26 AM   #1656
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
The Osborne Lights sure are a sight to be seen. Wonderful!
yes they are!!!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 08:29 AM   #1657
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
We have always had great luck with the buses at the value resorts. It's one of the things that holds me back from trying other resorts.

Based on our experience there, probably too many people walking through the landscaping to get to their rooms!

What an awesome moment that must have been. In all the times we have seen the lights, we have never been there the moment they went on. You have me wishing we had done that.

Did you see the rumor thread about Osborne lights? I have no idea how true it is, but the rumor is out there that this could be the last year for them. The theory is that they would be using that area for some DHS expansion. No additional rumor about whether they would be relocated anywhere else.
I am glad we got thre before they turned them on because it was really cool to see.
Now I have heard that area is going to be used for the expansion....I am pretty sure it will be too. But I had not heard they will take the lights away. I really haven't heard anything about the lights, but my assumption was that it would be moved to another area of the park. And really, this is a huge draw. I think people will get darn mad if they take them away.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #1658
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Now I have heard that area is going to be used for the expansion....I am pretty sure it will be too. But I had not heard they will take the lights away. I really haven't heard anything about the lights, but my assumption was that it would be moved to another area of the park. And really, this is a huge draw. I think people will get darn mad if they take them away.
Yeah, I'm still skeptical. But nervous about it. Of course this is the one year we won't be there to see them, so it will just be what it is. No good-byes for us if the rumor turns out to be true.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:24 AM   #1659
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

And more lights!

And another crappy video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hidJz...ature=youtu.be

We saw Santa Goofy, but the line was long and Claire didn’t want to wait, so we just took a few pictures of him from afar.

We REALLY enjoyed the lights, but it came time to move on. We then talked about what to do next. The MK was open fairly late tonight so I suggested we head over there. Claire wanted to check out TSM first though and ride that. I decided we would see what the wait time was and decide them.
Now I don’t remember the exact waiting time stated, but it wasn’t too bad. I am thinking it said 40 minutes. We hopped in line.

The line moved fairly fast till we got to Mr. Potato Head.

And then we waited and waited and waited. I grumbled a bit as did people around us. Claire did NOT want to leave the line though and was very patient. I believe it was over an hour wait. There were a few announcements made, but no one could understand a darn thing they said. It was muffled sounding and very loud in line. You would think people would stop talking when an announcement was being made, but that wasn’t the case.

We did have a great time, but I was not happy with how long we had to wait.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #1660
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We then headed towards the front of the park to leave after our long wait but fun ride on TSM. Of course I had sore arms then too. I need some sort of better technique for shooting because I kill my arms every time.

We picked the wrong time to leave. I ďthinkĒ the park was closing now or at least close to closing time and we were walking with the masses.

We headed over to the bus to MK. Well this was the plan for many people and the line was just unreal.
So we headed over to the resort buses and figured we would catch a bus to a monorail resort. Those lines were long too, but not as bad. I donít remember which line we got in, but it took forever for a bus to come. I know I did some complaining. Eventually our bus came and we got off at the Contemporary and walked over to MK. I think this is what 90% of the people on this bus did as we walked over with a huge crowd of people.

We finally made it over to the MK. It had taken close to an hour to get there.

We stopped for a photopass.

As you can see in the background of those pictures, it was still very crowded here tonight.

We still had 3 counter service meals that needed to be used up before midnight. We were not really super hungry, but we decided to use them (or lose them) and get a bite to eat. We headed to Cosmic Rays. I think Claire wanted nuggets and thatís why we went there.

It was crowded in there too and we had people going slow in front of us. I think my patience were wearing thin too, so little things were irritating me, but we finally did get our food and sat down.

We also used the 3rd and final credit for a crustable to take back with us.

We actually took the cookies and applesauce with us too. It all did eventually get eaten, I think some for breakfasts some mornings and some on our final day on the plane if I remember right. I do know the cookies got smashed, but they still were edible.

We then took off with no real plans.

The whole reason for coming here was just for the atmosphere of the castle and Christmas Dťcor.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #1661
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Yeah, I'm still skeptical. But nervous about it. Of course this is the one year we won't be there to see them, so it will just be what it is. No good-byes for us if the rumor turns out to be true.
That would be a very sad thing if they took those away. It was surely a highlight of our trip.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #1662
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

You got so many great pictures! We were very crowed in there our night and I missed a lot of the small detail shots.

When you figure out how to shoot at TSM without a sore arm, let me know! LOL My arm feels like its gonna fall off every time!

That late at night my patience is thin as well, and while I understand some people need time to order for various reasons, I always seem to be right behind the ones who just stand there and bicker about what to get.

Quote:

That would be a very sad thing if they took those away. It was surely a highlight of our trip.
It would be a shame to miss out on seeing them. I can't tell you how in awe we were of them.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:02 AM   #1663
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

That's a bummer about the wait time being so far off. That really worries me for future trips since fastpass is going to be more limited. And I just seem to hear more and more stories about standby times being way off. I think they have monkeyed a lot with the number of FP slots in the system over the past year.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #1664
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

What a shame about all the waiting first for the ride and then for the bus. The night time photos from Magic Kingdom are amazing though.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #1665
KatMark
DIS Veteran

More beautiful light pictures, and our pictures of the Studios in the evening are gorgeous. Sorry about the long wait for TSM; I hate when people don't shush up when an announcement is being made. It really irks me.

Great photos of the castle and lights at the MK. Love eating at Cosmic Rays.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: