Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 11:05 PM   #1
Sagginit
DIS Veteran
 
Sagginit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: north NJ
Posts: 1,192

fantasmic dinner package and DDP?

can you use your meals on the DDP to get the fantasmic package with VIP seating with the meal plan? I am looking at the brown derby which is signature so it would take 2 credits. or do I use 2 credits at a regular TS to get the package? also are the seats worth it?

i checked their website and i didn't see it there for some reason.
__________________
*1997 Wilderness Lodge * 1998 Cornado Springs * 2009 Port Orleans * 2010 Caribbean Beach *2013 Caribbean Beach *
Sagginit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:12 PM   #2
ajgardner
Mouseketeer
 
ajgardner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 203

When we went in 2011 we used 2 DDP credits at Brown Derby and got the Fantasmic package. We would not do it any other way. This was our first Disney trip and we were happy with the seats - were they the best in the house - probably not; but we could see everything fine and enjoyed the show. When we walked by the HUGE line of people that had been standing around waiting to get in and went right to our seats, we were so thankful that we did the package.
__________________
myself(39) & DH(43), DD(13) , DS(8)

ajgardner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #3
TarrahA
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagginit View Post
can you use your meals on the DDP to get the fantasmic package with VIP seating with the meal plan? I am looking at the brown derby which is signature so it would take 2 credits. or do I use 2 credits at a regular TS to get the package? also are the seats worth it?

i checked their website and i didn't see it there for some reason.
The only restaurants that do the fantasmic package are Brown & Derby, Hollywood & Vine, and Mama Melrose's.

You can use 1 TS credit on the DDP at either Hollywood & Vine or Mama Melrose's and get the fantasmic package too.
TarrahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:33 PM   #4
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)
 
minnie mum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: WAY too far north
Posts: 12,232

Here is a link to the info on the F!. Dining Package. http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/fantasmic.htm

If you read it carefully, it should answer most of your questions.

Yes, you can use 2 TS credits on the DDP for the F! Dining Package at HBD. You need to be careful when you book this. NO NOT make the mistake of booking a regular ADR at HBD. You need to book the Fantasmic package and then select HBD as the restaurant that you want to eat at.

The other two dining choices on the Fantasmic dining package are the buffet dinner at H&V or lunch or dinner at Mama Melrose. These are 1 TS credit each.

None of the other TS restaurants in DHS offer this package.

I definitely think it's worth it as far as avoiding the regular standby line for the show. The only time I would consider not getting it is if I knew in advance that there would be a second show and that I would prefer to go to that one. Reserved seating is only for the first show if there is more than one show on any given night.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:39 PM   #5
Sagginit
DIS Veteran
 
Sagginit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: north NJ
Posts: 1,192

thanks! i do all the trip planning and like to surprise my mum with little things. she likes using fastpasses and walking past all the lines, so if we get there and i tell her she gets to skip the line she will be thrilled! we typically do one signature dining but my mother complained that it can take hours at a resort for these meals. i think the HBD would be the perfect solution.

i think there are no perfect seats so as long as you have a good view of everything i am happy with that.
__________________
*1997 Wilderness Lodge * 1998 Cornado Springs * 2009 Port Orleans * 2010 Caribbean Beach *2013 Caribbean Beach *
Sagginit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:19 AM   #6
lovedworld
Mouseketeer
 
lovedworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 416

Another think that wasn't metioned about getting the Fantasmic reserved seating dining package with the DDP is that you get an appetizer with your meal, which you wouldn't ordinarily get on the dining plan. That is an added bonus also besides getting the reserved seating.
lovedworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:05 AM   #7
hannahmachell
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 85

I just booked a fantasmic dinner at mama melrose's , but online under my reservations it's just says mama melrose. Nothing about fantasmic...I did do it over the phone with an agent so I'm hoping its right!
hannahmachell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:04 AM   #8
ChasingAriel
Earning My Ears
 
ChasingAriel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 40

booking the package is definitely the way to go especially because there is no added cost to the meal and the easiness of it is unbeatable
ChasingAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:14 AM   #9
scard192
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,944

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahmachell View Post
I just booked a fantasmic dinner at mama melrose's , but online under my reservations it's just says mama melrose. Nothing about fantasmic...I did do it over the phone with an agent so I'm hoping its right!
I had the same problem. I did it on line and the confirmation e-mail did not say F! package. I did do a print screen on the transaction. When I log into MDE on the computer it is listed as the F! package, On the MDE app on my tablet I am not sure it says its the package.

Might be worth a call to confirm.
__________________
scard192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #10
Kimmers127
DIS Veteran
 
Kimmers127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Farmington, CT
Posts: 756

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Here is a link to the info on the F!. Dining Package. http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/fantasmic.htm

If you read it carefully, it should answer most of your questions.

Yes, you can use 2 TS credits on the DDP for the F! Dining Package at HBD. You need to be careful when you book this. NO NOT make the mistake of booking a regular ADR at HBD. You need to book the Fantasmic package and then select HBD as the restaurant that you want to eat at.

The other two dining choices on the Fantasmic dining package are the buffet dinner at H&V or lunch or dinner at Mama Melrose. These are 1 TS credit each.

None of the other TS restaurants in DHS offer this package.

I definitely think it's worth it as far as avoiding the regular standby line for the show. The only time I would consider not getting it is if I knew in advance that there would be a second show and that I would prefer to go to that one. Reserved seating is only for the first show if there is more than one show on any given night.
Can you tell me how to do this using the MDE app?
__________________
Me DH Dunkin Jasper Smokey Simba

Engaged in Animal Kingdom 9/19/09! Married in Walt Disney World 5/09/11!

My book blog: http://theavidreader.typepad.com/

Kimmers127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #11
Martyap
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 191

We had the MM/F package on Saturday, August 3rd.....10 in our party.
MM was very good. Everyone enjoyed the meal and service was attentive.
Fantasmic was awesome......kids 7, 9, 9, 10 all loved it as did the adults.

Possibly it was a busy day in HS but we arrived at the venue at 8:25 with our tickets.....it was already VERY crowded and we had to actually search for seats......I really could not tell where the "special" seating section was and the CMs did not offer a great deal of help......the venue was packed!!!!

My advice......even with your dinner package you might consider leaving yourself extra time......next time we will get there 45-50 minutes early even with the package.
Martyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #12
Adrieske
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahmachell View Post
I just booked a fantasmic dinner at mama melrose's , but online under my reservations it's just says mama melrose. Nothing about fantasmic...I did do it over the phone with an agent so I'm hoping its right!
I would call. I couldn't see it on mine (I did it online and swear I booked the package.) I tried rebooking, but nothing was available. I called and the cm booked me a package immediately.
__________________
Ashley

Kidani - AKL Jan. 17-24 2010
POR - Royal Room - Sept. 9-18 2013
Celebrating our DD's 5th birthday
DH, Me, DD (8), DD (5), DS (2)
Adrieske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #13
Granfan
DIS Veteran
 
Granfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Posts: 556

I agree if you go during a busy time you still need to go early. We had the package in February and still had to get in line with the huge crowd. The special entrance was already closed when we got there over 30 min early and Barely found a seat when we finally got to the stadium. A CM did open a rope for us to enter the reserved area but it was almost filled.
Granfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.