Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
twinsouvenirs
Loving Double Trouble :)

Importance of Hoop de Doo categories?

We are going with our twin daughters for their 1 yr bday... anyone have any idea as to how important the categories of seating are?
Old 07-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsouvenirs View Post
We are going with our twin daughters for their 1 yr bday... anyone have any idea as to how important the categories of seating are?
Are you looking to watch and enjoy it? Or are you trying to get onstage for one of the parts? Or somewhere in between?
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

We're cat 1 people... Middle right in front...

I believe cat 2 is bottom floor in rear and cat 3 is balcony...

As with anything we do, we want to be in the mix, excellent views so we pay for the best , cat 1...

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #4
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

Depending on if you want to be right up close to the action or if you don't care and will sit anywhere is up to you. We do Category 2 seating on the DDP. We had a great table in the rear, and it was higher than the other tables on the floor so it made for a great view of everything.

Category 3 is upstairs balcony. The actors do go up there through out the show, so those who are up there will still have a great experience.

If you are going to the 3rd show of the night, you can now use DDP for Category 1 seating, which is nice. We would definitely do this but we like the 6:15 show.

This dinner show is so much fun, I honestly say any category is great, as long as you are there! The food is some of the best I've had in WDW and the show is a lot of fun. I cannot believe I went year and years without doing this show.. since 2009 it has been a must do each trip!

tinkerbella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #5
Belleandtinker
DIS Veteran

We booked at 180 days in Category 1 and got amazing seats. I have pictures of my DS laughing so hard - these are the best pictures. My DH got selected. The experience was amazing.

For us, we like to be in the front but balcony looked better than Category 2.

All just my opinion.
June 1982 – WDW Treehouse Villas; March 1988 – WDW Off-Site; September 1992 – WDW Disney Institute and Off-Site; April 1997 – WDW Port Orleans French Quarter; April 2002 – DL Off-Site; April 2003 – WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge; April 2004 – DL Paradise Pier; April 2005 – DLP Off-Site; April 2008 – WDW Port Orleans French Quarter; January 2009 – WDW Caribbean Beach Resort; April 2010 – WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge/Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2011 - WDW Coronado Springs/Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2012 - WDW Coronado Springs/Caribbean Beach Resort; October 2012 - WDW All Star Movie; March 2013 - DL Grand Califorian; October 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2015 - ?

Belleandtinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #6
Jonathan Swift
I'm being sarcastic...or am I?

If you're using the dining plan, keep in mind:

"The Dining Plan can be used for the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue for Categories 2 and 3 seating. TWO table service credits will be deducted for these shows. The Dining Plan can also be used for Category 1 seating at the 8:30 p.m. show, using two table service meal entitlements."
Jonathan Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #7
twinsouvenirs
Loving Double Trouble :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post

Are you looking to watch and enjoy it? Or are you trying to get onstage for one of the parts? Or somewhere in between?
I didn't even know you COULD go onstage
Old 08-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #8
TheRustyScupper
Coordinator: GKTW. Volunteer: Kiwanis & SCORE. Board Member: Make-A-Wish. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty Good Sailing Captain.

Distribution of tables and categories.
. . . Cat-1 tables are main floor from stage thru row-8 - and are the best seats
. . . Cat-2 tables are the seven tables in row-9 on main floor
. . . Cat-2 tables are the last four tables left and right wings main floor
. . . Cat-2 tables are the eight rear balcony tables facing stage
. . . Cat-3 tables are the eight tables on both balcony sides
. . . Cat-2 and Cat-3 tables may have posts in the viewing way
. . . most Cat-3 tables require you to turn around or crank your neck to see

NOTE1: Let's face it, whether HDDR, Broadway, or your local live theater, the expensive
seats (eg. Cat-1 at HDDR) are ALWAYS the best. Sure, some like the balcony
at HDDR, but Cat-1 is still the best.

NOTE2: I often am the seat assigner for HDDR, and usually wince when I end up putting
folks behind pillars.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:20 AM   #9
Martyap
Mouseketeer

We went last month on the DDP and our Cat 2 seats (table for 10) were fine on the left side. No trouble seeing the show. Food was great. Our kids ages 7, 9, 9, 10 all really enjoyed the show. There are no characters so I'm not sure how much younger children will enjoy it.
Martyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #10
whitney37354
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
NOTE2: I often am the seat assigner for HDDR, and usually wince when I end up putting folks behind pillars.[/i]
Please don't put my Cat. 2 seats behind the pillars when I'm there in October! My family stayed at Ft. Wilderness when I was 13. I wanted to go to HDDR then, but it was beyond our means at the time. I'm now 40 & finally get to go!
whitney37354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #11
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

Speaking personally, I would have preferred to have been seated on the floor rather than against the railing of the balcony. I did have a good view of the stage when I was looking at it, but I would rather not have had to swivel my chair 180 degrees one way to the table to eat, then completely turn my back on it to see the show. I felt like I had to hurry up and wolf down each course so I wouldn't miss any of the action.

Then again, people say I'm a bit of a slow eater, so YMMV.
ttintagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #12
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Posting again, you know the old adage, " you get what you pay for"...... If you have to spin around to see, or are behind a pole or are far in the back ( and as far as I know, first floor is one level) that others are in your way.... It's what you paid for...

If I ever went to a concert, I'd want to be able to see the performers ( without binoculars) and pony up for better seats...

Seeing that this maybe you're only HDDR experience, why not paid for the best....

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: