Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #16
weeluvdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsJack View Post
Have you asked him why he needs it?

Its possible that he is completing a special circumstances form for your daughter. The form would show that part of what is showing as income is a one time deal and not something that you receive on a regular basis. To complete the form, he would need the information and he would have to keep copies to show if he gets audited.
This makes a lot of sense, thank you!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #17
leebee
DIS Veteran

I would not be giving the school owner my financial information. He shouldn't need it. There are several parent loan programs available to you, if you are willing to help your daughter. You could apply for a PLUS loan, for example. That's made directly to the parents; the bank gives you the money, you pay the school. I know you don't feel you can help your daughter any more than you have, but if you trust your daughter to pay you back, this could be something that would prevent her from having to drop her program. If you really trust her, is it possible to lend her the money from the stock you cashed out, and keep it out of the hands of the bankers and money people all together? $30,000 is quite a bit of cash, and she only needs $4400 to finish. (Of course, I don't know all the circumstances, this is just a suggestion.)

You could try writing to the financial aid people at the school (although I think this is the scummy owner, right?) and explain your family's extenuating circumstances, with your DH's cancer, supporting your MIL, and your job loss. If your DD was at a "regular" college or university, this might make a difference in what the financial aid office can offer. However, if it's just Mr. Questionable making the decisions, I don't know.

Also, FYI if your DD and DS are in school at the same time, this'll effect the parent contribution that FAFSA determines. There is more aid available to families with multiple children in school at the same time.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #18
weeluvdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by okeydokey View Post
Is she trustworthy? Can you cosign a loan in her name for her to pay back? Is she working this summer to earn school money?
I'm trying to avoid this. All the cars are in our name. As a last resort I would but I don't want to. I was just trying to see if there is something I don't know or something I'm missing in this whole thing that she can get what she was originally told and be done.
Thanks for all the responses!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #19
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

Did you support her through the four years of college? Does she work at all? Can she take this semester off and pick up this time next year to finish up?

I understand that you have reached the limit of helping her. Maybe it's time for her to figure something out.
okeydokey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: