Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #11
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
So do you guys mean we should not even SLEEP there? We don't have any plans to do anything in Bakersfield other than park our car overnight while we sleep.
Yes, you can sleep there. BUT for me, with it only what, another hour to LA....2 to Anaheim, why stop?

Quote:
Well, sorry babe, but we are still staying in Bakersfield. As long as there's air conditioning in the car and in the hotel room, that's really all we care about- we are not hangin out there, just pulling over and sleeping! I looked, and while the coast is much prettier I'm sure, and much cooler, it also adds a good 3 hours to our drive. Our plan is to spend the day in Yosemite, go see the Sequoias, drive 4 hours, stopping somewhere in fresno to eat, then sleep in Bakersfield, then wake up and drive a couple more hours to DL. It's just a pit stop, KWIM? And I have heard about this dry heat- we are having a heat wave here right now, and it's pretty humid out there in addition to being 99 degrees- just YUCK!
That said...I think you are backtracking to go up to Fresno for dinner, you may come out via Three Rivers/Visalia. If you spend the full day at Yosemite to even be able to get to Sequoia, see much, then drive to dinner I wouldn't think you'd want to backtrack at all. Mapquest or whatever times don't always allow for the smaller heavy tourist roads you will be on...

Quote:
That totally cracked me up! I think you're more pissed than me! Seriously- I felt like I was in an alternate universe or something- I could not wrap my head around how all these people thought it was ok to go against the arrows! BIZARRE!!
I would probably have been as befuddled as you. Jeff would have gone ballistic.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: