Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 08:41 PM   #16
lylone
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them

We wasted 2 hours one morning trying to book our trip via phone using the free dining PIN. The total for the booking was more expensive talking to a CSR compared to booking on line and leaving the dining plan off. After 6 calls between the 2 of us and many excuses of why booking through the phone was 500 more...I chatted with someone through the site. He gave me the link to be able to use the PIN online.
They need to get the website and their phone CSRs on the same page when quoting vacations!!!!
Old 07-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #17
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiggieFan View Post
The really sad thing is that these issues have been going on for MONTHS - at least since the beginning of 2013. Too bad that they haven't really made any improvements since the new website went live. These are the same issues I was having booking for Feb 2013 and I am going to book for Feb 2014 in a month....not looking forward to it. Will probably just call.
But the live website isn't finished. They started working on it in November or so, and they are still doing things. That's why things change, go down, come back up a bit differently, etc. It's not done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmaril View Post
I think the Disney website is absolutely terrible. It drives me crazy. I often think to myself -- Doesn't anyone in charge over there ever try to use this website? You would think someone (with some clout) would try it and determine that it is unacceptable. I wish I could be Queen for a day.
Again, it's not done.

Now, I seriously question the IT department for not just leaving it as is and creating a "master" site that they fix and make perfect before rolling out, like at least one other huge company has, but that's not what they've done. So taking things as they are, the answer is that they aren't done, and they have been changing things regularly.

Their other IT problem is that they, apparently, have no budget for a department to come up with error messages that make sense. Instead of "we're magically renovating, your reservations are safe, but we can't put them on the screen right now", people get "you have no reservations". No proper error messages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyThomas View Post
The system is awful and the barrage of "why didn't you just call" responses are honestly not that helpful.
Well, if you were in hour 1 of what might become 4 hours, and you came across this thread, those answers might be very helpful indeed.

And for the last few days there have been countless threads and posts about "just call to save yourself the stress", so maybe this thread will help someone in the future to not even hit hour 1.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2013, 10:22 PM   #18
bocaj1431
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
The online system is guaranteed to piss me off every time I use it. Which is why I refuse to use it to make any kind of reservation. I just call. Sorry you had such a frustrating morning.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #19
magicLAL12
Mouseketeer

I wasn't able to book anything at all a few days ago (which was our 180 day mark). Yesterday, I was able to book 1 day ahead and today I was able to book for our entire trip online (still 4 days ahead of time). I'm not sure if the system finally fixed its glitches, or if its because I used a different computer. I had been trying on my Mac, but I tried today on my desktop Windows at work and everything was much smoother.... Although that really shouldn't be a factor, who knows?

I'm sorry that you had such a frustrating time as well...DBF actually told me to "forget ADRs entirely" for our trip because he was getting so annoyed with MY frustration..and I almost gave up too (I just decided to surprise him with a few). Maybe you'll try again if you have the urge. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Just a Running Couple that Refuses to Grow Up.
June 2012: College Graduation Celebration; Animal Kingdom Villas, Kidani Village.
January 2013: My First Marathon; 20th Anniversary WDW Marathon; Boardwalk Villas
Next up: January 2014: Hooked..We're Running again; Boardwalk Villas, split-stay

magicLAL12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #20
Alexander
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyThomas View Post
The system is awful and the barrage of "why didn't you just call" responses are honestly not that helpful. Every time something requiring a credit card comes up, I end up getting the angry Donald and then when I click refresh, the reservation I wanted is gone. So, of Chef Mickey's pops up (it has been unavailable), I can "just call@ instead of trying to book online, but it will be gone before I connect with an agent.
Yes, it was the CC guarantee ADRs that were the trouble. It either gave me Donald or told me my card was declined!?! Funny because I used it several times after trying to make reservations with no problem at all!

So, yes, if you know what you want, then call. I didn't. I just searched Epcot and Dinner on my date and browsed what was available. Then I attempted to book it. I did the same for four days, so calling wouldn't have really worked because I needed to read some of the menus before deciding. Oh well! There is always Olivia's that we can get into anytime.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: