Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
holula
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,044

Best place for "plain" steak on DDP?

My BF and I are going to be trying the DDP for the first time in October. We have a one night reservation booked (not by choice) seperately from our main reservation with DVC.

BF is a fussy eater. Usually we eat QS for 90% of our stay and don't do TS.. He loves steak. I am trying to find the best 1 TS credit steak that is plain - where he can take the sauce off, it comes with veggies and potatoes/fries not rice/noodles/polenta etc. Neither of us enjoyed Be Our Guest.

Thoughts? We have APs so in park is no issue.
__________________
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!)
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2014 Southern, 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
holula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #2
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,713

Any TS will do your steak plain if you ask. The best steak I have gotten anywhere on property was my steak at Mama Melrose. It did have a sauce so not sure if it would be as tender and good without it.
We always do the fantasmic package there for one TS and it is yummy every time.
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran
 
WDWFANCBIIIME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,409

Quote:
Originally Posted by holula View Post
My BF and I are going to be trying the DDP for the first time in October. We have a one night reservation booked (not by choice) seperately from our main reservation with DVC.

BF is a fussy eater. Usually we eat QS for 90% of our stay and don't do TS.. He loves steak. I am trying to find the best 1 TS credit steak that is plain - where he can take the sauce off, it comes with veggies and potatoes/fries not rice/noodles/polenta etc. Neither of us enjoyed Be Our Guest.

Thoughts? We have APs so in park is no issue.
I really enjoyed the NY Strip at Kona I bet they could make that "plain" for him
__________________
WDWFANCBIIIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #4
DisneyHardin
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyHardin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,023

I really liked the steak at Grand Floridian Cafe. It was very plain and I'm pretty sure I got it with fries - so it was a very basic, but very good meal.
__________________
DisneyHardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:04 PM   #5
cobright
DIS Veteran
 
cobright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 950

I don't think you can find better than the Yachtsman. Their Hangar Steak is ... it's just ... perfect.

It's a 2 credit meal though.
cobright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #6
aprescher
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 96

Check out captains grill! Best kept secret in my opinion. We got last minute reservations and loved it so much we went back the next night! Steaks were wonderful and service was amazing! It is very close to the yachtsman and the waiter told us the only difference is that the yachtsman steak is more aged. It is only 1 credit!
aprescher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #7
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)
 
minnie mum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: WAY too far north
Posts: 11,621

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprescher View Post
Check out captains grill! Best kept secret in my opinion. We got last minute reservations and loved it so much we went back the next night! Steaks were wonderful and service was amazing! It is very close to the yachtsman and the waiter told us the only difference is that the yachtsman steak is more aged. It is only 1 credit!
Agree. There are quite a few 1TS places that serve steak. Few of them are going to be serving as good a quality steak as a signature. But they will always serve your steak plain if asked. And if potatoes are anywhere on the menu, then I'm sure they'd sub that for whatever other starch it is usually served with.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #8
holula
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,044

Captains Grille is a great recommendation! That my be the choice.

The problem I was having is whatever sides were on the menu. A lot of places just don't seem to serve plain mashed/boiled/baked potato or even fries. I would love to eat at Kona, but even if the steak was plain there are no sides on the menu he would eat.
__________________
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!)
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2014 Southern, 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
holula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #9
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)
 
minnie mum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: WAY too far north
Posts: 11,621

Quote:
Originally Posted by holula View Post
Captains Grille is a great recommendation! That my be the choice.

The problem I was having is whatever sides were on the menu. A lot of places just don't seem to serve plain mashed/boiled/baked potato or even fries. I would love to eat at Kona, but even if the steak was plain there are no sides on the menu he would eat.
They serve fingerling potatoes with the crab cakes and new potatoes with the crab legs. They'd most likely sub those for whatever is served with the steak. And if he won't eat plain seasonal veggies, then I have no suggestion for that.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #10
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,916

Loved the Kone steak
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.