Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2013, 07:19 AM   #256
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC4US View Post
Finally back in the grove and so excited about this cruise!

We got all our flights booked and booked our room at the Hyatt MCO. Now we need to figure out transportation to and from the port. Will definitely book limo to the port (it is tradition and we always drink mimosas along the way) but thinking about booking DCL transfers back to the airport so we can do airline check-in on board the ship.
Tell me more about the Limo! We are going down Friday night, doing parks all day Saturday, going to breakfast at Ohana and surprising the kids with a cruise. We were thinking a limo would be great to add to the surprise.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #257
hopelea
I love everything DISNEY!!

What parks are you doing Saturday? I thought about doing the parks Saturday but just opted for downtown Disney. I booked pop century for Saturday. We are also staying there after the cruise!!

I am getting so excited!! It is really hard keeping this from my oldest dd!! She will be so mad!!! Do I have to tell her?
2009 Disney Magic March 14 - 21
2011 Wonderful Cruise March 13 - 20
2013 Dream Sept 1 - 5
2013 POP, August 31, Sept 5-8 (NoJ)
2014 POP July 6-10 dd's 18th bday!!
2014 POP Nov 14 - 17.
hopelea is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #258
keri chipman
Earning My Ears

We are flying from Detroit sat morning and going to Animal kingdom. We are having dinner at trex and then when we return Friday going to magic kingdom and having dinner with pooh and gang. Then Saturday we are doing Hollywood before we leave at 830. I'm so glad sophia is there or we might have cancelled hwd.
keri chipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #259
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopelea View Post
We are going also!! Me, DH, and 17 yr old DD. We haven't told our 19 yr old dd we are leaving her behind!!!!

We have cruised with DCL 3 times, I think, maybe four. We are going to book a stay at DW after the cruise. I just bought tickets to Night of Joy!! We are so excited!!

We are actually going on a Carnival Cruise at the end of this month. We are looking forward to that too. On Carnival we can afford a balcony. On DCL we book GTY cabins and are just happy to be onboard

We are not planning on any excursions. Just going to hang out on the ship. We usually take 7 day cruises so the 4 day is going to be so short!!

Have a great day!!
Trying to read through all these pages and came across your post. We are going to Night of Joy after also. It's actually what started this whole trip and the only reason the kids think we are going to Disney. We are surprising them with the cruise before.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #260
hopelea

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwnhokie View Post
Trying to read through all these pages and came across your post. We are going to Night of Joy after also. It's actually what started this whole trip and the only reason the kids think we are going to Disney. We are surprising them with the cruise before.
That is cool. Where are you staying after the cruise?? We are are staying at POP. My oldest dd will be flying into MCO thurs night to join us. We are hoping she won't be too mad that we took a cruise w/o her! I have only bought two tickets to NoJ. I am letting my girls go & DH & I will go hang out while they are enjoying themselves!
2013 Dream Sept 1 - 5
2014 POP Nov 14 - 17.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #261
DisneyCP08
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. ~W. Disney

Hi Everyone! We are joining in a little late. We just decided to add on a Disney Cruise to the beginning of our honeymoon about 2 weeks ago . This will be our 2nd Disney cruise and our first time on the Dream. We are getting married the Friday (8/30) before the cruise at the Boardwalk Resort at Disney world. I am so excited and I know we are going to have a lot of fun with our families that weekend, but also thankful to getaway and enjoy the cruise . We won't have too much planned for the cruise as I think with all the wedding planning, we are both ready to just relax and enjoy our time together exploring the new ship. We walked around Nassau on our last cruise, and it was okay, our plan is to enjoy the ship, relax poolside, and go to the spa that day. Last time, we were the first ones at Serenity Bay for about 30 minutes, so we definately want to try and get up early to enjoy Castaway Cay. I wish I could just pack up the car and head down there now . Hope everyone is having a magical day !
Graduation Trip Port Orleans 2006, DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Spring '08, 1st Disney Cruise- Wonder March 2009, 21st Bday at Disney Saratoga Springs June2009 , Disney College Program Reunion All Star Movies May 2010, CHRISTMAS AT DISNEY Polynesian Resort December 2010 , Spring Break at Disney March '11 at Port Orleans, College Graduation & site visit All Star Sports Aug 2011, Thanksgiving and Wedding Planning Session November 2012, 4th of July 2013,

DisneyCP08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:10 AM   #262
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCP08 View Post
Hi Everyone! We are joining in a little late. We just decided to add on a Disney Cruise to the beginning of our honeymoon about 2 weeks ago . This will be our 2nd Disney cruise and our first time on the Dream. We are getting married the Friday (8/30) before the cruise at the Boardwalk Resort at Disney world. I am so excited and I know we are going to have a lot of fun with our families that weekend, but also thankful to getaway and enjoy the cruise . We won't have too much planned for the cruise as I think with all the wedding planning, we are both ready to just relax and enjoy our time together exploring the new ship. We walked around Nassau on our last cruise, and it was okay, our plan is to enjoy the ship, relax poolside, and go to the spa that day. Last time, we were the first ones at Serenity Bay for about 30 minutes, so we definately want to try and get up early to enjoy Castaway Cay. I wish I could just pack up the car and head down there now . Hope everyone is having a magical day !

A Disney cruise honeymoon sounds wonderful! Maybe you guys will be the featured 'new couple' in the match your mate show
Old 07-18-2013, 08:26 AM   #263
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What parks are you doing Saturday? I thought about doing the parks Saturday but just opted for downtown Disney. I booked pop century for Saturday. We are also staying there after the cruise!!

I am getting so excited!! It is really hard keeping this from my oldest dd!! She will be so mad!!! Do I have to tell her?
We are heading down Friday night, DH wanted to get there as soon as possible without the kids missing any more days of school. Right now we are staying off site Friday and Saturday night since we are just sleeping there. We have one day left on old tickets (at least I think we do, it's been so long I'm starting to second guess it and there is no way to find out until we get there) So we plan to just go like crazy on Saturday, probably AK and Epcot. Then Sunday morning we have breakfast at Ohana and need to figure out how to deliver the surprise. After the cruise we are staying at POR because it's the most reasonable on site with 5. We have waterpark fun and more passes left on our old tickets so we may do waterpark Thursday. My oldest wants to use the passes for golf and the middle wants to try DisneyQuest, so we will probably do some of that Friday and Saturday before Night of Joy.

Right now we are trying to decide if we want to to switch to POR before the cruise so we don't need a rental car and getting a limo for the big reveal and ride to port.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #264
hopelea

Oh no!!! I am going to be in trouble!!! I just checked DCL website & I could upgrade to a 7A GTY for $200 more. We were in an inside 11A. I did it!!!!!
2013 Dream Sept 1 - 5
2014 POP Nov 14 - 17.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:31 AM   #265
Disneyelf10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh no!!! I am going to be in trouble!!! I just checked DCL website & I could upgrade to a 7A GTY for $200 more. We were in an inside 11A. I did it!!!!!
Woohoo!! Enjoy!

Disneyelf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #266
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC4US View Post
Sounds like we are in the same boat Heather. (pun intended) I have two friends joining me on this cruise too and one has never cruised and the other has only been on RCI. Should be an exciting time!
Hi Leilani!! Very cool and we are indeed in the same boat! I'm so very excited and I'm looking forward to being back on the Dream since last August was my last time. I don't mean any disrespect to Carnival fans (I've cruised them 5 times in the past-before my DS was born) but it's hard NOT to compare them and that's why we are big DCL fans. My friend has only done Carnival so I have to be polite about it! She is very open minded so she'll be honest with me and she isn't so loyal to Carnival that she can admit where things should improve. We'll have to touch base afterwards and compare notes from the friends and what they had to say!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaN4fun View Post
My niece finished her FE tonight!

Too cute!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaN4fun View Post
This is the one I made for my boys on our last Disney cruise
Also very cute!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCP08 View Post
WOW - congrats to you guys and sounds like an awesome time!
Quote:
UH OH!! lol - I think you got a great deal and I say for it! Keep us posted when you get your cabin and if you got upgraded!

Welcome to all the new members! I noticed I'm not getting notifications like I usually do so I was behind on the posts.

Have I missed whether or not we are having a meet and greet on board? I know it's always a little hectic the first day but it's nice to put a "face" with a "name".

Ok - next - COUNTDOWN TO MICKEY MAIL!!!! I'm anticipating some of us will actually get our Mickey Mail next week since it tends to be approx 30-45 days out. Make sure you come back and let us know so we can also stalk the mailbox!

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, & 4/2014 Fantasy Next: 9/2014 (Dream for my Mom), 4/2015 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #267
hopelea

Oh I forgot about the Mickey Mail!! I will have to make sure my oldest dd doesn't check the mail!! I am not ready for her to know we are cruising without her!!

It will be a crazy week here. Youngest dd, 17, is having surgery Tuesday! She had a torn MCL & meniscus repair on right knee on February 4,2013. Doctor gave her the all clear at the end of June. She went to church camp & a "big dude" was running & slipped into her good leg & she tore her MCL & ACL. So surgery again for her!! She hasn't had a good 2013!! She can't do any sports her senior yr in school! This cruise is her treat for all she has gone through!!
2013 Dream Sept 1 - 5
2014 POP Nov 14 - 17.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #268
LenaN4fun
WDW Alumni/DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keri chipman View Post
We are flying from Detroit sat morning and going to Animal kingdom. We are having dinner at trex and then when we return Friday going to magic kingdom and having dinner with pooh and gang. Then Saturday we are doing Hollywood before we leave at 830. I'm so glad sophia is there or we might have cancelled hwd.
We just came back from eating dinner at T-Rex. We ate in the ice room, very cool...no pun intended. We are staying at animal kingdom lodge right now for a weekend getaway.
LenaN4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #269
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

We got our cruise documents today! Woohoo!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #270
hopelea

Lisa Lisa, that is great!! I can't wait till ours come in!! I hope they don't come in tomorrow!! We won't be home & I don't want my oldest dd to get the mail!! I don't know when we are going to tell her we are going & leaving her home!
2013 Dream Sept 1 - 5
2014 POP Nov 14 - 17.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: