Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #361
OutpostLarry
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerboy00 View Post

We've gotten the Escargot from Chefs de France before and it was really really good. Mostly butter and garlic. Ha ha. Im sure its probably prepared the same way at the kiosk.
One of my favorite things from last year! Goes well with the Chard they had there as well. I must have had three orders at least!
OutpostLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:50 AM   #362
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

Escargot served in Chefs is in a special dish with the meat removed from the shell. Traditionally escargot is served in the shell and tongs are used to hold the shell and remove the meat. F&W escargot has the snail served in a pastry. Any way you slice it it's a snail and a very tasty one at that.

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #363
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMe View Post
Escargot served in Chefs is in a special dish with the meat removed from the shell. Traditionally escargot is served in the shell and tongs are used to hold the shell and remove the meat. F&W escargot has the snail served in a pastry. Any way you slice it it's a snail and a very tasty one at that.
Served in pastry? Interesting. Now Im even more intriqued.

Ive been vegetarian for the past few F&W so Im excited now that Im eating meat again. A whole new world of F&W is open to me now. Ha
Old 07-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #364
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

It's bread they serve it in, not technically pastry.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #365
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
It's bread they serve it in, not technically pastry.
bread schmed it still tastes good

Old 07-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #366
Honeystar120608
100% Canuck

I was wondering if anybody could give me a link to some visuals of the food and drinks?
Also wondering, do you load up a card and go, or pay oop?
TBH, dh and I will only be doing this next year for our 10th Anniversary, and we want to go and just try everything. I thought loading up a card seems a little less worrisome and easier than pulling out cash at each stop. Is the card like a Disney gift card? What happens if we don't use all the cash on the card?

Also, any pictures of these plates that were mentioned in a Previous post?
2010-Oct 1-Oct 7 ASmo
2009-Dec 6-12 ASmo
2008-Dec ASmo (started an addiction)
Honeystar120608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #367
Bellamouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeystar120608 View Post
I was wondering if anybody could give me a link to some visuals of the food and drinks?
TBH, dh and I will only be doing this next year for our 10th Anniversary, and we want to go and just try everything. I thought loading up a card seems a little less worrisome and easier than pulling out cash at each stop. Is the card like a Disney gift card? What happens if we don't use all the cash on the card?

Pictures of the plates are in this post http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=324 back a couple pages.

Pictures/reviews of last years items are found on the Disney Food Blog. http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013-e...stival/#fw2012

Yes, you can load up a wrist card (or regular card - my DH doesn't like the wrist cards) to use at the booths. That is what we do. Anything left over can be used anywhere. We usually just use it at our next sit down meal. But it can be used on anything at all.
Bellamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #368
Honeystar120608
100% Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamouse View Post
Pictures of the plates are in this post http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=324 back a couple pages.

Pictures/reviews of last years items are found on the Disney Food Blog. http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013-e...stival/#fw2012

Yes, you can load up a wrist card (or regular card - my DH doesn't like the wrist cards) to use at the booths. That is what we do. Anything left over can be used anywhere. We usually just use it at our next sit down meal. But it can be used on anything at all.
Great to know about the cards/wrist card! We will definitely go with that.

As for the plates, is this indeed something one can buy while there? Any idea of the cost?
2010-Oct 1-Oct 7 ASmo
2009-Dec 6-12 ASmo
2008-Dec ASmo (started an addiction)
Honeystar120608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #369
Bellamouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great to know about the cards/wrist card! We will definitely go with that.

As for the plates, is this indeed something one can buy while there? Any idea of the cost?
I saw them there before, but it's anyone's guess if they'll have them again this year. I seem to recall the price being kind of $$ (at least IMO). Something like $10 or so each. I could be wrong about that though. Memory isn't what it used to be....
Bellamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #370
patster734
Proud Redhead>
Not the sad bluehead

Quote:

Allears.net has a few pictures: http://allears.net/tp/ep/fw12/2012-e...-gallery-2.htm

So does disneyfoodblog.com: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012-e...ths-and-menus/

We paid with cash at each booth.

If you wanted to pay by card, you should be able to get a Visa cash card with a cash amount loaded on it at your bank. And then use the cash card as a credit card at the booths.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #371
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I am guessing that this year, if you are so inclined, you will also be able to tap and pay with your room key (or your Magic Band if they're working by then).
Old 07-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #372
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
I am guessing that this year, if you are so inclined, you will also be able to tap and pay with your room key (or your Magic Band if they're working by then).
This is the real reason for the magic band - CMs won't have to handle credit cards as much and transactions will be much quicker. That's the plan at any rate.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #373
Stinky_Pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by patster734 View Post
If you wanted to pay by card, you should be able to get a Visa cash card with a cash amount loaded on it at your bank. And then use the cash card as a credit card at the booths.
The trouble with this is that there is usually a fee to activate those Visa cards. Disney gift cards don't have a fee that I am aware of.
Stinky_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #374
tr-ray
DIS Veteran

Hi, Everyone!! Like you all, I am anxiously awaiting the release of more information in the coming weeks!

One thing my DH and I have started talking about are the $10-$15 seminars that they offer in the Festival Center.

I saw in my googling efforts that these typically run about an hour, but I'm wondering if they are kid friendly? We will have our two littles in tow.

Thanks! :D

10/2013 -- BCV! ♥ 10/2011 -- Pop! ♥ 5/2011 -- AKL ♥ 12/2010 -- Pop! ♥ 2/2009 -- POP! ♥ 12/2007 -- CBR ♥ 12/2000 -- BC ♥ 4/1997 -- Off-Site For High School ♪Music♪ Days ♥

tr-ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #375
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr-ray View Post
Hi, Everyone!! Like you all, I am anxiously awaiting the release of more information in the coming weeks!

One thing my DH and I have started talking about are the $10-$15 seminars that they offer in the Festival Center.

I saw in my googling efforts that these typically run about an hour, but I'm wondering if they are kid friendly? We will have our two littles in tow.

Thanks! :D
Not really. I "think' they charge you for the kids, but ... I may be wrong.

Last year they had a table with some coloring stuff in the back but that's the extent of "kid friendly" Your child can color while you drink or watch the demo etc...

Older children can sit at the tables for the food demos (but I know you pay for that) They are not allowed at the tables for wine and spirit demos.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: