Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
nfouey
Earning My Ears

Teppen Edo tables

Hi there!

Can anyone tell me if I need to make a special request to sit at the hibachi table when making reservations at Teppen Edo?
nfouey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfouey View Post
Hi there!

Can anyone tell me if I need to make a special request to sit at the hibachi table when making reservations at Teppen Edo?
No, ALL of the tables are for 8 seated at around the teppan grill. There is no other type of seating there.
If your party is less than 8, others will be seated at your table as well.
Enjoy
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
bedogged
Choose parents that aged well

Quote:
Hi there!

No, if I understand you correctly, all seats are at the hibachi table. The restaurant is comprised of many tables and everyone sits around one. Unless you have a very large party, you will sit with people not in your party.
bedogged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
nfouey
Earning My Ears

Awesome! Our party of 5 should fit perfectly! Thanks all.
nfouey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:07 AM   #5
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Awesome! Our party of 5 should fit perfectly! Thanks all.
Actually the last time we ate there our party of three was seated with a party of six. The hostess apologized for being so crowded (all three of us were scrunched onto one end). The grandmother of the other party laughed and said that was her fault as she had made the reservation for five, instead of six. When the hostess asked why she did that, she said she was unable to get a reservation for six, so she entered five and assumed they could just squeeze the extra kid in. However, they were just ahead of us when we were being seated and spread out taking up one end and then the whole side of the table, leaving us three adults to sit on one narrow end.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #6
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

We have been seated with others except this last time. We were 5 and the other group was a no show so it was just us. We actually like sitting with others so we were slightly disappointed lol
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #7
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

DD18 and I love Teppan Edo and it is usually just the two of us. Of course, we're always seated with another party. Usually we have a great time with the others at our table and find shared interests and good conversations. one time, the other party didn't engage and didn't even talk amongst themselves. It was awkward, but we made the best of it.

Here is a link where there are some photos that include the table seating. All tables have the grill right there. You can also see one table where 9 were seated together as another poster noted. (This photo looks like all 9 were in the same party.) http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...r=387#imgdii=_

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #8
katiee37
DIS Veteran

The hibachi grill near my house has a seating area away from the grills in the bar area, which aren't covered by reservations and usually are only for bar patrons. Not sure if Teppan Edo has this, but when you make an ADR there you're getting seats by a grill, guaranteed.
January 2014 Art of Animation--Celebrating my birthday January 2014 PTR
January 2015--Running the 5K and (yikes) possibly the Half Marathon!

katiee37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #9
jhryb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Actually the last time we ate there our party of three was seated with a party of six. The hostess apologized for being so crowded (all three of us were scrunched onto one end). The grandmother of the other party laughed and said that was her fault as she had made the reservation for five, instead of six. When the hostess asked why she did that, she said she was unable to get a reservation for six, so she entered five and assumed they could just squeeze the extra kid in. However, they were just ahead of us when we were being seated and spread out taking up one end and then the whole side of the table, leaving us three adults to sit on one narrow end.
Wow - that is so unfair. Some people are so selfish and they think that they can do whatever they want.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #10
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiee37 View Post
The hibachi grill near my house has a seating area away from the grills in the bar area, which aren't covered by reservations and usually are only for bar patrons. Not sure if Teppan Edo has this, but when you make an ADR there you're getting seats by a grill, guaranteed.
No Teppan Edo does not have a separate bar area like you mention. It is made up of several smallish rooms and the ones I have been in have each had 4 big tables of 8 surrounding the Teppan grill.
Have Fun

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: