Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #3346
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post

Both Jambo & Kidani have 1-bedroom Savannah view villas. Kidani does have 2 full bathrooms in their 1-bedroom - the units at Kidani were built specifically for DVC whereas Jambo villas were retrofitted. They did a great job with what they had to work with at Jambo, but the Kidani rooms are superior.
Sounds great! We will try to try kidani . Thank you for the info!
Old 07-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #3347
lfortin16
Mouseketeer

2 bedroom

I am in a 2 bedroom Kidani villa and we are Loving all the extra room and the 3 full bathrooms!

Tomorrow is a resort afternoon and evening- so we'll get to enjoy Kidani even more!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2013, 04:53 AM   #3348
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfortin16 View Post
I am in a 2 bedroom Kidani villa and we are Loving all the extra room and the 3 full bathrooms!

Tomorrow is a resort afternoon and evening- so we'll get to enjoy Kidani even more!
How nice! Sounds ideal :-) enjoy your day I love Kidani wish I was there too!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 2008, Saratoga The Springs 2009, Saratoga The Springs 2010, Saratoga The Paddocks 2011, Disney Dream 2011, Saratoga The Grandstand 2012, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL Kidani Village 2013, Saratoga 2013 , VWL 2013, Disney Dream 2013, ASMu 2014, Saratoga 2014, AKV 2014, BCV 2014, Disney Dream 2014, VGF 2014

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 07-17-2013, 07:38 AM   #3349
Disneytwinsmom
DIS Veteran

Just joined this thread because when the free dining comes out in August I am changed us from AOA- Nemo Suite to AKL. Now I just have to decide what room category
Old 07-17-2013, 08:12 AM   #3350
JessiMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak View Post

I'd spend some time in the CSR thread if you haven't already. Read what other people love about it. Is it particularly close to any of the parks? Are there resort activities that appeal to you? I haven't been there before, so I can't help with that. I can speak to the buses at AKL. Aside from issues going to and from DTD (which I think is a problem with all of the resorts), I've found the buses to be fine. The pool at Kidani can't be beat (disclaimer - have never stayed at the YC/BC). There are a ton of activities you can't do at other resorts (night vision goggles to see the animals is the first that comes to mind).
Thank you. The buses will not be an issue for us because we will have our car. I have been to the CSR thread and the more I think about it I think we may just save CSR for another shorter trip. It just seems like there is sooo much to do at the lodge!

Just back from a fabulous 8 days!
AKL ~ September 14-21, 2013
Old 07-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #3351
JessiMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
I have stayed at both and while CSR was good for my "needs" (ie cheap, quick trip) AKL is like a vacation itself. My friend drove over from the Tampa area one day and we walked around and looked at the art, animals and just enjoyed the pool area for the day.

CSR was spread out and I really like being able to spend time in the lobby if it is rainy or too hot. Can't really do that so easily in a mod!
Exactly what I'm coming to realize! Thank you so much!

Just back from a fabulous 8 days!
AKL ~ September 14-21, 2013
Old 07-17-2013, 08:17 AM   #3352
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfortin16 View Post

Glad you are enjoying the villa. Enjoy your resort day.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #3353
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

We had the Royal Asante Suite and two other CL rooms booked for our big family trip next July. I just called back and even though it wasn't available when I originally booked, the Royal Kuba Suite became available. We now have both suites booked for our AKL leg of our trip!!!!

Can't wait for this trip next year!!!! 12 of us together for 11 days. We always like to wrap up our trip with a few days at AKL after we're tired of park commando touring. AKL is such a nice way to relax the last few days with such a beautiful, calming resort.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #3354
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
AKL is such a nice way to relax the last few days with such a beautiful, calming resort.
you will need the calm after 11 days with 12 people~~ lol
Old 07-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #3355
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

OK, I've had the ressie for 2 weeks, but I waited until my mother made the airline ressie before I would believe it was real: Look at my new ticker! Never thought this would happen!

It all started with my baby bro turning 50; mom wanted to do something for him. He mentioned that he hadn't been to Disney since the last time we went as a family (1975). As a teacher, I am limited to when I can go. My father has limited mobility. I went over lots of options and it seemed that a 2 br villa during my spring break would be the best. Finally settled on Kidani so they could spend most of the time animal watching (I hope!) and my brother can go through the parks commando-style. My sister and I will drive down (Thelma and Louise?) so there will be a car to make transport easier. My hubbie will transport them to the airport here and we will take care of it in FL. She and I will do 2 park days with our parents and 1 park day with little bro.

Now I hope that it will all work! Sis and I are psyched as we love Disney! Bro is looking forward to seeing all the new things, but has made it clear that he will not let our parents hold him back from doing what he wants to do. My dad is concerned about the cost, even though my sister and I are picking up some of it. Fortunately, I have a Disney Visa so I can push the cost down the road as this is not something I can really afford right now, but my mom is really excited about it. My dad is like a cat with 9 lives, except he has worked his way through 5 of them, so I don't want to say no to any opportunity, and I want it to be a positive one.

Wow, I don't think I've ever written so much before! Guess I'm really giddy! Off to see if I can cut and paste this on the no FAQ thread!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 10/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Old 07-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #3356
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

12 days until our AKL stay. Can't wait to get back!
Old 07-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #3357
M1Thumb
Earning My Ears

Been hanging out at the AKL CL for the past few days... wasn't sure what to expect and how it would compare to the Polynesian CL. It's just as fun. Not quite as whimsical and I'm not walking around with a dumb grin on my face like I did at the Polynesian, but this is one heck of a beautiful resort.

My son would be content just hanging out at the pool, watching the animals from the balcony, and drinking pass-o-guava in the Kilimanjaro Club.

Oh, and sitting in the room watching Stacey J over and over again.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #3358
Mac4life30
DIS Veteran

Just booked my stay for Oct of this year
Old 07-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #3359
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydmbnut View Post

you will need the calm after 11 days with 12 people~~ lol
exactly!!!! Lol!!!
Old 07-19-2013, 06:45 AM   #3360
lfortin16
Mouseketeer

checking in AKV on Sat.???

Is there a DIS family checking into Kidani on Saturday Morning?
If so, I would love to give you some milk, ice cream and popsicles and yogurt.
I ordered way too much and have gallons of milk. 1/2 gallon of vanilla ice cream- for root beer floats!!! and lots of yogurt and cheese sticks left over.
I fly home tomorrow and can't take it with me!
Let me know.
Karen
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: