Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 01:45 PM   #91
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

I was wondering if someone would bring this up....I have never done one and am so not crafty.... What does everyone think????
Old 06-22-2013, 09:07 PM   #92
Donna3271
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by omalley1118 View Post
Now for something completely different...has anyone been to Disneyland???? I believe we are going to go in August. We have a trip planned to Vero and WDW then, but it looks like I finally convinced DH to try Cal. instead. Anyone??? I was there once in 2001, so obviously it's been awhile... We will be staying at the Paradise Pier Hotel so that we can use our Dvc points.
Hi Omalley,

I've been over on the Alaska board, so I haven't checked this one. I've been to Disneyland several times. Honestly - for me (others may feel different), if you are going JUST for Disney FLA is tons better, but if you are planning to go to LA, and other places as well as Disneyland, then go for it.

You can't go wrong at any Disney park!
Donna3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #93
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna3271 View Post

Hi Omalley,

I've been over on the Alaska board, so I haven't checked this one. I've been to Disneyland several times. Honestly - for me (others may feel different), if you are going JUST for Disney FLA is tons better, but if you are planning to go to LA, and other places as well as Disneyland, then go for it.

You can't go wrong at any Disney park!
We LOVE Wdw, but we wanted to do California to do something a bit different. We are using the Southern California City Pass. So, we will also be going to Universal and Sea World. I'm looking for some fun things to do with the kids in LA for a day as well.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #94
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Happy Summer!!! How is everyone??? Here in NJ, we are having bizarre weather with lots of rain and humidity. The kids are finally out of school and raring to go. The have different sports camps they are doing this summer. We are looking forward to disneyland in August!! I love Summer, and everyday is an adventure. I have a bunch of day trips planned for the kids and I!!

So what is everyone up to???
Old 07-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #95
dave7927
Earning My Ears

The weather in NJ this year has been awful! Feel like I am in Florida without Disney World to keep me smiling!
dave7927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #96
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

We might actually see the sun in the next few days!!! Finally!!! Yesterday, I started online classes to get my BSN. I already want to kill myself...there is so much work, I feel as though I am drowning. I really need that cruise!!!
Old 07-03-2013, 07:03 AM   #97
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

Hope everyone is doing well! This summer has been crazy busy and yes, the weather has been very wet here in IL. It's also been cooler than normal. We will be lucky as the 4th appears to be sunny and rain free.

Omalley - good luck on your classes!!

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
magrudersmakes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #98
mousefan5
Mouseketeer

We had a week or so of bad storms nightly but this week has been cool and beautiful. I am working summer school and lovin it. Why do I teach summer school when I could be off? Only people that hang out here would understand. Summer school funds our trip in November. Also. I really enjoy teach this group of students so it is fun. Happy summer
mousefan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #99
jrvikngfan
Earning My Ears

disney minus the kids

magrudersmakes3:

just a note to let you know how much it helped seeing you guys were going solo on your trip. We had hoped to travel on 11/6, but don't know that we can come up with anyone to watch the kids... might have better luck backing it up to the 11/22 trip. We finished a 7 day with the kids, but I felt like all I did was kid patrol since the youngest wasn't potty trained and the nursery charges by the hour and the next up was too young for the excursions my husband and oldest daughter wanted to participate in. I barely ate as the younger two weren't very cooperative with elegant seating arrangements at dinner and never saw the first show or movie. We renewed our vows on the ship but other than that... nothing was really very relaxing or adult centered... so we decided before we even disembarked that we were entitled to a "2nd honeymoon" to go along with the vow renewal and that meant no kids... so we could enjoy a room with a veranda and drink a glass of wine and see whatever we wanted and eat without anxiety/stress... thanks for allowing me to feel like I am not a terrible mother to want to go on a Disney cruise without our kids (we have done another cruise line for our honeymoon... RC, but after two Disney cruises are not interested in going anywhere else)

WDW: Caribbean Beach Resort ('05) , visiting WDW while waiting to adopt our little princess in Orlando, stayed off site for almost 30 days ('10) , Christmas at WDW parks: AKL ('11)
3nt Bahamas: Disney Wonder ('08), 7nt E. Caribbean: Disney Fantasy ('13)

jrvikngfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #100
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrvikngfan View Post
magrudersmakes3:

just a note to let you know how much it helped seeing you guys were going solo on your trip. We had hoped to travel on 11/6, but don't know that we can come up with anyone to watch the kids... might have better luck backing it up to the 11/22 trip. We finished a 7 day with the kids, but I felt like all I did was kid patrol since the youngest wasn't potty trained and the nursery charges by the hour and the next up was too young for the excursions my husband and oldest daughter wanted to participate in. I barely ate as the younger two weren't very cooperative with elegant seating arrangements at dinner and never saw the first show or movie. We renewed our vows on the ship but other than that... nothing was really very relaxing or adult centered... so we decided before we even disembarked that we were entitled to a "2nd honeymoon" to go along with the vow renewal and that meant no kids... so we could enjoy a room with a veranda and drink a glass of wine and see whatever we wanted and eat without anxiety/stress... thanks for allowing me to feel like I am not a terrible mother to want to go on a Disney cruise without our kids (we have done another cruise line for our honeymoon... RC, but after two Disney cruises are not interested in going anywhere else)
Thank you! We try to make it a priority to do one vacation alone every year. We both have stressful jobs so we need the time to unwind and focus on us. We did the Dream last year on our own and we booked the Magic to go to Key West, it is an added bonus that it will now be redone.

I hope you get someone to watch the kids for either date, but hoping you get to go on the 6th .

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
Old 07-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #101
dave7927
Earning My Ears

Key West

This is our first trip to Key West. Has anyone else been there before? What do you recommend doing with a family of 2 boys (ages 13 and 9) in Key West?

What does anyone else have planned for in Key West?
dave7927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #102
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave7927 View Post
This is our first trip to Key West. Has anyone else been there before? What do you recommend doing with a family of 2 boys (ages 13 and 9) in Key West?

Welcome!!! I am so excited about going to Key West for the first time. We also have two kids, 9 and 11. I think we are going to take the Conch Train that allows you to get off and on at different stops. I want to have lunch at Margeritaville and see the sits. Other than that I don't have a lot of plans.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:10 PM   #103
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

We are sans kids, but we plan on walking around and sight seeing. We have a friend who has been there that gave us the highlights to see.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #104
Donna3271
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave7927 View Post

I've been there on the Western. They have this cute trolley you can take around town. It is hop on-hop off. You can get it right off the pier. It stops all over, Hemmingway's house, the southernmost point, etc... You really do not have to pre-book anything (unless you want to do a water activity). We also stopped at Margaritaville on the way back to the ship.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #105
Donna3271
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by omalley1118 View Post
Welcome!!! I am so excited about going to Key West for the first time. We also have two kids, 9 and 11. I think we are going to take the Conch Train that allows you to get off and on at different stops. I want to have lunch at Margeritaville and see the sits. Other than that I don't have a lot of plans.
Omalley,
That is EXACTLY what we did on the 7 night Western. It was perfect. We are going to do that again. My kids loved all the cats at Hemmingways house.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: