Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #3211
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer
 
FrugalFashionista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 452

Cross your fingers, pray to the free dining fairies , toss pixie dust , whatever we have to do to make this happen!!

http://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/07/15...comment-398778
FrugalFashionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #3212
scard192
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,694

Posted over on the Resort/Discount page:

Free dining will be extended beyond September. Bookings for these dates will begin August 1. The dates are below:

September 29 - October 2
October 18 - November 2
November 11 - November 23
December 12 - December 22


As usual, certain room types are excluded, such as campsites at Ft. Wilderness, 3-bedroom villas, and the Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation. A 3 night minimum stay (14 night maximum) and two day minimum park ticket is required for each person in the party.

Disney Value Resorts ~ Quick Service Dining Plan Included
(can be upgraded to regular plan)
All-Star Movies Resort
All-Star Music Resort
All-Star Sports Resort
Pop Century Resort
Art of Animation Resort (excluding Little Mermaid rooms)

Moderate Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
Carribean Beach Resort
Coronado Springs Resort
Port Orleans Resort French Quarter and Riverside

Deluxe Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
BoardWalk Inn
Contemporary Resort
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Polynesian Resort
Wilderness Lodge

Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
Bay Lake Tower
Animal Kingdom Villas
Beach Club Villas
BoardWalk Villas
Old Key West Resort
Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
The Villas at Disneys Wilderness Lodge
Fort Wilderness Cabins

These sources are quite good, and the same ones I got the September Free Dining, as well as the August-September Room Only Discounts that nobody else on the Dis even mentioned (and brought lots of relief to many late-August travelers as well).
__________________
scard192 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #3213
tlpbupu
Mouseketeer
 
tlpbupu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalFashionista View Post
Cross your fingers, pray to the free dining fairies , toss pixie dust , whatever we have to do to make this happen!!

http://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/07/15...comment-398778
I was just coming over to post this link! Pixie dust for all of you still waiting!
__________________
DH Me DD8

Off site: 1991, 2001
ASMo; 2003, 2010
Pop: 2013



tlpbupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #3214
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer
 
FrugalFashionista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
Posted over on the Resort/Discount page:

Free dining will be extended beyond September. Bookings for these dates will begin August 1. The dates are below:

September 29 - October 2
October 18 - November 2
November 11 - November 23
December 12 - December 22


As usual, certain room types are excluded, such as campsites at Ft. Wilderness, 3-bedroom villas, and the Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation. A 3 night minimum stay (14 night maximum) and two day minimum park ticket is required for each person in the party.

Disney Value Resorts ~ Quick Service Dining Plan Included
(can be upgraded to regular plan)
All-Star Movies Resort
All-Star Music Resort
All-Star Sports Resort
Pop Century Resort
Art of Animation Resort (excluding Little Mermaid rooms)

Moderate Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
Carribean Beach Resort
Coronado Springs Resort
Port Orleans Resort French Quarter and Riverside

Deluxe Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
BoardWalk Inn
Contemporary Resort
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Polynesian Resort
Wilderness Lodge

Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
Bay Lake Tower
Animal Kingdom Villas
Beach Club Villas
BoardWalk Villas
Old Key West Resort
Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
The Villas at Disneys Wilderness Lodge
Fort Wilderness Cabins

These sources are quite good, and the same ones I got the September Free Dining, as well as the August-September Room Only Discounts that nobody else on the Dis even mentioned (and brought lots of relief to many late-August travelers as well).
I can't tell you how happy this makes me!!!!!!!!!
FrugalFashionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #3215
saintsfanshelly
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 21

My trip was just booked last week, so if these dates hold true am I able to go back and add free dining?
saintsfanshelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #3216
scard192
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfanshelly View Post
My trip was just booked last week, so if these dates hold true am I able to go back and add free dining?
Yes if you have a package booked. Disney Visa holders will likely be able to call and book/add FD on the 29th. You should have several backup resorts/room categories in mind in case the resort/type you are booked at does not have FD availability for your dates. My sister and I were booked at POFQ and when she got the FD PIN we had to change from standard to garden view.
__________________
scard192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #3217
mrskirk
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 58

Woo hoo! So excited with this latest news/rumor. Hoping it is true. I will be setting my alarm way early on August 1st to find out. I have two questions.

1) Could I get a Disney Visa now and still qualify for those possible earlier release of FD? I wasn't sure if you had to be a cardholder for a certain amount of time and I might possibly do that if I would qualify.

2) We are already booked and paid for to check in on Oct. 27th. We are staying at the Contemporary w/ TPV. Of course, I hope we get to stick with that. I wouldn't mind switching to GF or Poly though. Hubby wanted to make sure we were on the monorail (we have two toddlers and wanted easy access to MK and other restaurants). What's the likelihood if I call on Aug. 1st that I get one of those three resorts?

Thanks in advance to whoever answers.
mrskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:02 AM   #3218
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran
 
alaskanabbott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 925

when would Jan/Feb of 2014 come out (assuming/hoping for FD then)
__________________
Amber and Mike proud parents of
DS-21 DS-19 DS-16 DD-16 DS-14DD 9
James PTR-http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2397705
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
alaskanabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:14 AM   #3219
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskirk View Post
Woo hoo! So excited with this latest news/rumor. Hoping it is true. I will be setting my alarm way early on August 1st to find out. I have two questions.

1) Could I get a Disney Visa now and still qualify for those possible earlier release of FD? I wasn't sure if you had to be a cardholder for a certain amount of time and I might possibly do that if I would qualify.

2) We are already booked and paid for to check in on Oct. 27th. We are staying at the Contemporary w/ TPV. Of course, I hope we get to stick with that. I wouldn't mind switching to GF or Poly though. Hubby wanted to make sure we were on the monorail (we have two toddlers and wanted easy access to MK and other restaurants). What's the likelihood if I call on Aug. 1st that I get one of those three resorts?

Thanks in advance to whoever answers.
1) as long as you have the card in hand or the number for verifying when adding the discount you'd be able to do it. There is not time limit on having it. If you bank with Chase they have a Disney debit card that offers the same early access as the credit card and there is not fee to switch to one.

2) if you call bright and early at 7a on Aug 1 I imagine you'll at least get one of those three resorts.
__________________
aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:15 AM   #3220
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanabbott View Post
when would Jan/Feb of 2014 come out (assuming/hoping for FD then)
I think they came out October last year, but there was no public free dining, they offered the stay/play/dine discount which wasn't quite as good, but still a nice discount on dining.
__________________
aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #3221
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer
 
FrugalFashionista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post

1) as long as you have the card in hand or the number for verifying when adding the discount you'd be able to do it. There is not time limit on having it. If you bank with Chase they have a Disney debit card that offers the same early access as the credit card and there is not fee to switch to one.

2) if you call bright and early at 7a on Aug 1 I imagine you'll at least get one of those three resorts.
The Disney debit card gets you early access?? I have that
__________________
Me :
DH
DD7
DS6

First Family Trip: December 2013

Already planning for 2015!
FrugalFashionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:26 AM   #3222
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,480

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalFashionista View Post
The Disney debit card gets you early access?? I have that
Yep!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #3223
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer
 
FrugalFashionista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

Yep!
Omg you gust made my day!!!! We have never gone during a free dining time so this is all new to me!!!!
__________________
Me :
DH
DD7
DS6

First Family Trip: December 2013

Already planning for 2015!
FrugalFashionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:17 PM   #3224
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalFashionista View Post
Omg you gust made my day!!!! We have never gone during a free dining time so this is all new to me!!!!
If you didn't put your initial deposit down on the Disney debit you'll have to make a new deposit using it. If you did, they'll just verify the card number. Other than not getting the rewards points the perks are exactly the same!
__________________
aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #3225
GoofyHusband
Earning My Ears
 
GoofyHusband's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
Posted over on the Resort/Discount page:

Free dining will be extended beyond September. Bookings for these dates will begin August 1. The dates are below:

September 29 - October 2
October 18 - November 2
November 11 - November 23
December 12 - December 22

As usual, certain room types are excluded, such as campsites at Ft. Wilderness, 3-bedroom villas, and the Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation. A 3 night minimum stay (14 night maximum) and two day minimum park ticket is required for each person in the party.

Disney Value Resorts ~ Quick Service Dining Plan Included
(can be upgraded to regular plan)
All-Star Movies Resort
All-Star Music Resort
All-Star Sports Resort
Pop Century Resort
Art of Animation Resort (excluding Little Mermaid rooms)

Moderate Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
Carribean Beach Resort
Coronado Springs Resort
Port Orleans Resort French Quarter and Riverside

Deluxe Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
BoardWalk Inn
Contemporary Resort
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Polynesian Resort
Wilderness Lodge

Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
Bay Lake Tower
Animal Kingdom Villas
Beach Club Villas
BoardWalk Villas
Old Key West Resort
Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
The Villas at Disneys Wilderness Lodge
Fort Wilderness Cabins

These sources are quite good, and the same ones I got the September Free Dining, as well as the August-September Room Only Discounts that nobody else on the Dis even mentioned (and brought lots of relief to many late-August travelers as well).
What about if you arrive on Sept 28? Would you still qualify for FD?
GoofyHusband is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: