Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
Wallflower
Earning My Ears

Please help me save Cap'N Jack's Restaurant in Downtown Disney

Construction has begun on the new Downtown Disney (Disney Springs) and they are planning to do away with Cap'n Jack's. It is probably the best seafood in all of Disney, at a price that people can afford. You would think the food was from a fancy restaurant, but yet it has a casual atmosphere on the waterfront that is really special. The waitresses and waiters have always been very friendly. It has been there since 1975 and is a favorite of many people, and the biggest reason I go to Downtown Disney (along with a free Ghiardelli). Please, if you have been there and don't want to see Cap'n Jack's lost forever, consider contacting Disney and let them know you want them to keep it. This restaurant is a really special place and it is shame that it will be gone soon. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Wallflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:25 AM   #2
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

I didn't realize they were taking Capt Jacks.. What other places do you know will go?

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
Wallflower
Earning My Ears

I don't know. I was told about Cap'n Jack's and that was it. When I look it up online it just says Cap'n Jack's and a couple other places but doesn't mention the other names.
Wallflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
DisReno
Mouseketeer

I really couldn't care that Capn Jacks is leaving. It's not one of the big names down there. That area needs change, so whatever brings on the change, I welcome it. Sorry.
DisReno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:50 AM   #5
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallflower View Post
I don't know. I was told about Cap'n Jack's and that was it. When I look it up online it just says Cap'n Jack's and a couple other places but doesn't mention the other names.
can you tell a source? perhaps it is hearsay or rumor and you are worrying for nothing

a story of renewed hope & the power of the Dis:UPDATE 7/19http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3111056

Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:20 AM   #6
2manypets
DIS Veteran

Sorry, I can't (won't) help save Capn Jacks. This is the only place I've ever gotten real, pump you stomach, food poisoning. It's a horrendous place to eat. I'm so glad to hear it will disappear. Hopefully they will be able to put in someplace with edible food.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #7
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

well I was on an internet quest trying to discover where OP got info which led me back to the official Disney Co parks blog (where I should have started in the first place) I see nothing that says what is going to be taken out and not really specific about what is going in...its about 3 years to do this anyway...a Lot can happen in 3 yr time I wouldn't worry about it..probably pure speculation as I originally said

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...sort/#photo-12

a story of renewed hope & the power of the Dis:UPDATE 7/19http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3111056

Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #8
JessiMommy
DIS Veteran

It is going. As a matter of fact it will stop service after August. Anyone who has booked after that will be receiving a call to help them schedule something else.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/capn-jacks-restaurant/news/11jul2013-cap'n-jack's-restaurant-at-downtown-disney-set-to-close-in-mid-august.htm

I called dining and after being put on a hold for the CM to check, she did confirm they can no longer book after August and that it was closing.

Just back from a fabulous 8 days!
AKL ~ September 14-21, 2013
JessiMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #9
dustysky
DIS Veteran

How do you get FREE Ghiardelli?? Are you talking about the ONE small piece they hand out at the door?
dustysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #10
Dsnyfireman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustysky View Post
How do you get FREE Ghiardelli?? Are you talking about the ONE small piece they hand out at the door?
Well that is FREE Ghiardelli!! They aren't going to give ya a free pound! That would be nice though ! We always enjoyed captn' jacks! Food was good and price was right. But disney will do what they think is right and maybe they will have a new place like jacks.
Dsnyfireman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: