Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 07:13 AM   #1171
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Good Morning All!

Trying to be the good RCer, I was going to get up early and complete a very long multi-quote. Unfortunately, my good intentions turned out to be just that.... an intention. The painters are going to be here earlier than expected, so no sitting in the recliner with my cup of coffee, laptop, and DisFriends. Hopefully they will be done today I'm slowly but surely going mad!

I know I'm going to miss someone.....didn't go back too far due to time restraints

Koh....awesome job on the book

Janet ... no worries! (easier said than done, right?)

Shelia .... your plan looks good!!! Don't change!!

Sue...you spilled the beans??!!! I'm terrible at keeping Disney secrets!

Pas... bout' that time, friend!!!

Miss ..... for ballet!

Melissa.... sorry to hear about that foot!

Wookie, Kook, Chimo, Alysa, Mousemom, Magic, Grumpy, Minnie&Nana Sorry if I missed someone....

Doesn't look like this anymore

Off to get painters situated, then hopefully I can sneak up stairs with the laptop in between cleaning floors and getting things back in place!

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:13 AM   #1172
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
We love POFQ

Lots I'm thinkin

Poly has my fav dining. I haven't tried SOA, and this may be your last chance. I heard rumours that they may be taking it down for the DVC

I almost spilled it too yesterday, sheech. I can't access the Passholders site anymore for some reason but I heard AP discounts have come out for late August/Sept. our first night is at Pop that was booked with a BB, so I phoned to see if AP was better for our 1st night. It wasn't.

CM seeing where I'm from asks me, your only here for 1 night? Without thinking I say, oh no, we have 2 nights GF & 12 YC booked too! Oops. GF is up posed to be a surprise for DD! Next thing she says in an excited voice, we're staying at GF ?!!! . I came up with the lame excuse of how I was looking at dining options at GF, and cause I was thinking of GF, that's what came out of my mouth.

I can use some tape too!
Sue Oh My I can just imagine you trying to think fast when DD heard you say GF

I heard the rumors too Tikiman has said The last show for SOA will be Oct 1. I been going back and forth over whether to book it or not since before he let that info out. The other day I just got to thinking if I keep waiting I might not get the time or catagory I wanted plus I had been planning on EMH at Epcot in the evening but the crowd level is 6.3. Only did EMH 1x at Epcot and it was super busy. I normally don't do 5+ crowd levels .

krystal The autograph books came out great! Your schedule look good, I thought about 'Ohana Breakfast the day we arrive but booked Kona instead, thinking I might cancel Kona and just do Cap't Cooks or since I booked SOA in place of EP EMH maybe head over to F&W for lunch as I doubt Our room will be ready Crowd level only showing 1.9

Good Morning Glad I have my Discount from the unmentionable TA as I missed FD by one day. I did do the Disney math to see if I changed my dates + flights and what I am paying now is better far

Saga of Bob We got into a fuss this am about the scooter issue. If I hear him say one more time "I will be fine" I am gonna lose it

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2013, 07:19 AM   #1173
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Mornin' Peeps!!

Heather, beautiful pix! Hope this is the last day for the painters... it will all be so worth it when its finished!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Janet Hope they let you go to the gate with Sam. I had to laugh when I read about DD's driving Moms crazy.

The first time my eldest DS flew he went to Florida with a friend I am thinking he was 18 at the time. After he returned I found out Phil, his friend had paid for the flights for himself and Gordy another friend who could not go so my DS flew on Gordy's ticket down and back, thankfully nothing happened, this was before they checked ID's

Glad Mom is ok now. Last of the Big Winners
Sheila, it's amazing between then and now the changes that have taken place in regards to security/flying. Your DS and friend must of thought it was a lark (and no big deal) at the time Hoping that Phila will allow me as technically being 15 she is an adult for flying... we'll see... no matter what I'm hanging out until I know she's taken off. We love to play Bingo when at my moms cottage. It's just our thing to do on a friday night... exciting times in Adams, NY. Thanks about the good wishes for my mom.

Quote:
Saga of Bob We got into a fuss this am about the scooter issue. If I hear him say one more time "I will be fine" I am gonna lose it
Sheila, try to tune out Bob... when he says that hop aboard the monorail and transport yourself to Poly Paradise....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
The first time I flew alone, I was 17. It was a flight from Boston to JFK to SPAIN!!!!

It was for track & field and I had to meet the rest of my team (from all over the U.S.) at JFK. My mom was a blubbering mess of course!!!
MM, Yikes! Were you nervous? My first flight... and it's very fitting... was to Florida when I was 20. I was going with a group of friends to Daytona Beach with a day at Disney. Great times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Janet - Andrew flew to CO to see my brother for a week when he was just about 14, I was a complete mess. I thought that was bad...until he decided he didn't want to spend the whole vacation with us on the west coast of FL and chose to drive over by himself a few days after us. He has barely driven on the highway and never that far. I imagined him getting lost, getting into a major accident, etc. i even upgraded his AAA to plus incase his car needed to be towed, lol! I was so relieved to see him when he finally got there! It is just second nature to worry
Melissa, I hear ya When Paul first started driving I tried not to worry knowing that I have no control anyway (it's so hard though especially when they don't come home on time!). Bet Andrew thought it was no big deal... we all love that exhilarating feeling of being independant and calling the shots... and there's something about the open road and cranking up the music...(oops Mama, let's not go there!) It all worked out, and us moms just get a little bit more gray hairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
I almost spilled it too yesterday, sheech. I can't access the Passholders site anymore for some reason but I heard AP discounts have come out for late August/Sept. our first night is at Pop that was booked with a BB, so I phoned to see if AP was better for our 1st night. It wasn't.

CM seeing where I'm from asks me, your only here for 1 night? Without thinking I say, oh no, we have 2 nights GF & 12 YC booked too! Oops. GF is up posed to be a surprise for DD! Next thing she says in an excited voice, we're staying at GF ?!!! . I came up with the lame excuse of how I was looking at dining options at GF, and cause I was thinking of GF, that's what came out of my mouth.

I can use some tape too!
Sue, good recovery! Its amazing what we can think of when pressed Duct tape is an amazing invention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I am happy to report no ch-ch-changes for this girl!! :-) Thought about getting a breakfast ADR for 1900 PF for our last full day, but decided I should ask the kiddos when we're there as to what they want to do. Already at MK that afternoon for an EARLY dinner at CRT and the dessert party that night. We could end up at AK in the morning for all I know since DS LOVES Kali River Rapids. :-). We'll see...
Sounds like a plan for the breakfast ADR. We love AK too, and Kali is a fav or ours too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Someone asked about pics of the autograph books I did. Just can't remember if it was here or the Team August thread, so I'm sharing both places. :-)
Kor, your books are amazing!! You did a fabulous job!!

---------------------------------------------------------

Our news:

Sam and I are heading to Disney!!! It's been a back and forth thing... with Sam joining the Marching Band, her upcoming trip to Wisconsin, we have been hard pressed to agree on days. Sam doesn't want to miss band practice. Plus my niece is planning to visit Rochester in August, so we are fitting that in too....

Our dates... departing early AM on 8/2 for 4 nights!! We are SO excited!! We love the parks! On the outside chance we could squeeze in a trip, I've been holding onto reservations here and there... plus BBs from January, heck I'm all over the place ... got the passholder rate.... right now it's POR Riverside and a night at POP. Gotta visit my fav value and get some material.

But it could all change... but we ARE going!! Looking forward to meeting up with my RCing pals Guess I'll have to add me to the list

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 07-16-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:24 AM   #1174
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Sheila, it's amazing between then and now the changes that have taken place in regards to security/flying. Your DS and friend must of thought it was a lark (and no big deal) at the time

We love to play Bingo when at my moms cottage. It's just our thing to do on a friday night... exciting times in Adams, NY. Thanks about the good wishes for my mom.

MM, Yikes! Were you nervous? My first flight... and it's very fitting... was to Florida when I was 20. I was going with a group of friends to Daytona Beach with a day at Disney. Great times!

Melissa, I hear ya When Paul first started driving I tried not to worry knowing that I have no control anyway (it's so hard though especially when they don't come home on time!). Bet Andrew thought it was no big deal... we all love that exhilarating feeling of being independant and calling the shots... and there's something about the open road and cranking up the music...(oops Mama, let's not go there!) It all worked out, and us moms just get a little bit more gray hairs

Sue, good recovery! Its amazing what we can think of when pressed Duct tape is an amazing invention.

Sounds like a plan for the breakfast ADR. We love AK too, and Kali is a fav or ours too

Our news:

Sam and I are heading to Disney!!! It's been a back and forth thing... with Sam joining the Marching Band, her upcoming trip to Wisconsin, we have been hard pressed to agree on days. Sam doesn't want to miss band practice. Plus my niece is planning to visit Rochester in August, so we are fitting that in too....

Our dates... departing early AM on 8/2 for 4 nights!! We are SO excited!! We love the parks! On the outside chance we could squeeze in a trip, I've been holding onto reservations here and there... plus BBs from January, heck I'm all over the place ... got the passholder rate.... right now it's POR Riverside and a night at POP. Gotta visit my fav value and get some material.

But it could all change... but we ARE going!! Looking forward to meeting up with my RCing pals
Janet that is awesome!!!

Koh: I love your books! Fantastic job!

Sheila: so glad for you you got that other discount, so has DH's aunt and my friend who both missed the FD dates too!

Heather: hope your day isn't too chaotic!

SueM: take it easy!

Hi to everyone else, have DD9 ortho consult today. Wish us luck.

Jen
Old 07-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #1175
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Good Morning All!

Trying to be the good RCer, I was going to get up early and complete a very long multi-quote. Unfortunately, my good intentions turned out to be just that.... an intention. The painters are going to be here earlier than expected, so no sitting in the recliner with my cup of coffee, laptop, and DisFriends. Hopefully they will be done today I'm slowly but surely going mad!

I know I'm going to miss someone.....didn't go back too far due to time restraints

Koh....awesome job on the book

Janet ... no worries! (easier said than done, right?)

Shelia .... your plan looks good!!! Don't change!!

Sue...you spilled the beans??!!! I'm terrible at keeping Disney secrets!

Pas... bout' that time, friend!!!

Miss ..... for ballet!

Melissa.... sorry to hear about that foot!

Wookie, Kook, Chimo, Alysa, Mousemom, Magic, Grumpy, Minnie&Nana Sorry if I missed someone....

Doesn't look like this anymore

Off to get painters situated, then hopefully I can sneak up stairs with the laptop in between cleaning floors and getting things back in place!

Heather
Heather In just 110 Days I will be taking pictures myself from that beach

Thanks for the opinion on my plans never having stayed at the Poly before I keep second guessing my planning of the "perfect trip"

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-16-2013, 08:10 AM   #1176
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mornin' Peeps!!

Heather, beautiful pix! Hope this is the last day for the painters... it will all be so worth it when its finished!!

Sheila, it's amazing between then and now the changes that have taken place in regards to security/flying. Your DS and friend must of thought it was a lark (and no big deal) at the time Hoping that Phila will allow me as technically being 15 she is an adult for flying... we'll see... no matter what I'm hanging out until I know she's taken off. We love to play Bingo when at my moms cottage. It's just our thing to do on a friday night... exciting times in Adams, NY. Thanks about the good wishes for my mom.

Sheila, try to tune out Bob... when he says that hop aboard the monorail and transport yourself to Poly Paradise....

Our news:

But it could all change... but we ARE going!! Looking forward to meeting up with my RCing pals Guess I'll have to add me to the list
Yay for your upcoming trip!!!

Yeah, I was scared....but I couldn't let my mom know that. As soon as I got on the plane in Boston, I started blubbering!!! Luckily, one of my coaches (whom I had not yet met) was waiting for me right at the gate at JFK and grabbed me up to meet the rest of the team, so I didn't have long to be alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Janet that is awesome!!!

Sheila: so glad for you you got that other discount, so has DH's aunt and my friend who both missed the FD dates too!

Jen
When you say Ortho....is it the orthodontist, or orthopedic surgeon? I remember about the teeth issues. If that's what it is, good luck!!! If it's something else...what's going on? I may have missed it.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #1177
sjs314

Quote:
Mornin' Peeps!!

Our news:

Janet Your trip with Sam sounds great

Yes things have changed with flying so much. In '97 I had booked a trip to Disney Hopeing to entice my eldest DS Shawn to return home (he had moved to NY with GF) silly me what was I thinking.....anyway we took Jason's friend along and were able to change the name on the plane tickets which is no longer allowed.

Tune Bob out I brought up the scooter since he was complaint about not sleeping again last night and his legs and knee bothering him

Quote:
Janet that is awesome!!!

Jen
jennyGood Luck at DD's Ortho Appt.

Got to love Disney deals no matter where they come from. I knew the week we wanted to go does not usually fall during Disney FD/discounts so I jumped on the TA deal. Glad I did now

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-16-2013, 08:26 AM   #1178
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Sheila: I am sure yesterday was a very hard day for you....so sorry I just saw your dates at the bottom of your post. I didn't know. My twin brothers name is Jason. Hugs and sorry if I shouldn't have mentioned it.

Candace: Yep, it is the orthodontist.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #1179
sjs314

Quote:
Sheila: I am sure yesterday was a very hard day for you....so sorry I just saw your dates at the bottom of your post. I didn't know. My twin brothers name is Jason. Hugs and sorry if I shouldn't have mentioned it.

Candace: Yep, it is the orthodontist.
Thanks jenny

Did not know you are a twin so special. Love the name Jason. It was a hard day, then I learned that the sister of one of my older DS's Friends passed away on July 10th only 45.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #1180
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks jenny

Did not know you are a twin so special. Love the name Jason. It was a hard day, then I learned that the sister of one of my older DS's Friends passed away on July 10th only 45.
Oh how awful. So young. You just never know what is around the corner it seems. Yep, it is neat having a twin brother. We were super close when we were young kids, he was who I played with all the time. We grew apart in teen years, and in the past 5 years or so have gotten close again as he has a 5 year old daughter too. It is funny how having children changes people.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #1181
sjs314

Quote:
Oh how awful. So young. You just never know what is around the corner it seems. Yep, it is neat having a twin brother. We were super close when we were young kids, he was who I played with all the time. We grew apart in teen years, and in the past 5 years or so have gotten close again as he has a 5 year old daughter too. It is funny how having children changes people.
I think as we grow older and start families of our own we then realize the true value of family.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #1182
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Janet that is awesome!!!

Jen
Thanks Jen! Good luck at the Ortho... both my Kids had braces, DS Paul was especialty dificult as he had so many fears/anxiety about those visits. Hope all goes well today!

Quote:
Heather In just 110 Days I will be taking pictures myself from that beach

Thanks for the opinion on my plans never having stayed at the Poly before I keep second guessing my planning of the "perfect trip"
Sheila.... you will love the Poly atmosphere!!! ...no second guessing .... all trips are wonderful, just let yourself go with the flow and it will end up perfect!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Yay for your upcoming trip!!!

Yeah, I was scared....but I couldn't let my mom know that. As soon as I got on the plane in Boston, I started blubbering!!! Luckily, one of my coaches (whom I had not yet met) was waiting for me right at the gate at JFK and grabbed me up to meet the rest of the team, so I didn't have long to be alone.
Yeah, well I blubbered in 1980 and still do occasionally (well mostly its an internal blubbering.... )

Quote:
Janet Your trip with Sam sounds great

Yes things have changed with flying so much. In '97 I had booked a trip to Disney Hopeing to entice my eldest DS Shawn to return home (he had moved to NY with GF) silly me what was I thinking.....anyway we took Jason's friend along and were able to change the name on the plane tickets which is no longer allowed.

Tune Bob out I brought up the scooter since he was complaint about not sleeping again last night and his legs and knee bothering him

Got to love Disney deals no matter where they come from. I knew the week we wanted to go does not usually fall during Disney FD/discounts so I jumped on the TA deal. Glad I did now
That Travel agency (them that must not be named!!... okay does this sound like Harry Potter..any fans out there? ) ... they have some amazing deals! Happy you were able to book that great deal.

Hope Bob can get his med issues under control before november.

And Sheila for yesterday and everyday ....

Quote:
Thanks jenny

so sad and much too young....Sam, and I have been saddened by the death of one of our favorite Glee Stars, Cory Monteith over the weekend....so tragic and senseless.

Quote:
Jen, so nice that you and your DB have gotten closer again. Getting older (and having kids of your own) do have that effect.

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 07-16-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #1183
sjs314

Quote:
Thanks Jen! Good luck at the Ortho... both my Kids had braces, DS Paul was especialty dificult as he had so many fears/anxiety about those visits. Hope all goes well today!

Sheila.... you will love the Poly atmosphere!!! ...no second guessing .... all trips are wonderful, just let yourself go with the flow and it will end up perfect!!

Yeah, well I blubbered in 1980 and still do occasionally (well mostly its an internal blubbering.... )

That Travel agency (them that must not be named!!... okay does this sound like Harry Potter..any fans out there? ) ... they have some amazing deals! Happy you were able to book that great deal.

Hope Bob can get his med issues under control before november.

And Sheila for yesterday and everyday ....

so sad and much too young....Sam, and I have been saddened by the death of one of our favorite Glee Stars, Cory Monteith over the weekend....so tragic and senseless.

Jen, so nice that you and your DB have gotten closer again. Getting older (and having kids of your own) do have that effect.
Janet I was shocked when I heard that Cory had been found dead so sad

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-16-2013, 11:10 AM   #1184
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Janet I was shocked when I heard that Cory had been found dead so sad
Yes... and his life had been going well recently...

Sheila, just wanted you to know that Sam and I will continue to remember Jason and Shaun while at Disney.... I think a Disney (NY Yankee) pin is in order for a child

We do this for Toby, Dani's sister, for a Dad of a DIS friend of mine, and now of course Sarah. In January I gave a child a Brave pin in Sarah's memory... seems the perfect thing to do.

TY Kook!
Old 07-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #1185
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mornin' Peeps!!

Our news:

This cracked me up "holding reservations here and there!!! Really??? So glad that you were able to find a time that you and Sam can go!!! Mother/daughter trips really are the best!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: