Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #1591
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeimabe View Post
Are preferred rooms usually available with free dining?
There are usually a mix of all room types for the most part. Which resort are you wanting?
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #1592
imabeimabe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

There are usually a mix of all room types for the most part. Which resort are you wanting?
I'm currently booked at POFQ Oct. 19-25. I'm afraid POFQ might not be available so I'm thinking a preferred room would be the next best thing. Which resort would be the most convenient?
imabeimabe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #1593
Mom22girls56
Mouseketeer

We are currently booked at AoA in a little mermaid room. Should I go ahead and upgrade to a moderate resort or wait till Disney officially releases the FD dates?

Madison (8) Avery (6) Emma (1)

October 2003 Port Orleans
Riverside

January 2010 Pop Century
Mom22girls56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:23 PM   #1594
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22girls56 View Post
We are currently booked at AoA in a little mermaid room. Should I go ahead and upgrade to a moderate resort or wait till Disney officially releases the FD dates?
Whatever you are most comfortable with, but would suggest waiting till the official release. One, it would avoid an additional phone call. Two, may have to end up changing again on release day to get a FD room, and three, if for some reason FD is not released, would hate to have you lose out on those way too cute LM rooms. : )

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:38 AM   #1595
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Ty joe
Old 07-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #1596
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

Quote:

I'm currently booked at POFQ Oct. 19-25. I'm afraid POFQ might not be available so I'm thinking a preferred room would be the next best thing. Which resort would be the most convenient?
I'm not sure what you mean by convenient. But if you can't get POFQ, POR is another good choice and usually has lots of room options since it is a bigger resort. The resorts are sister resorts so they're similar and easy to travel back and forth between the two.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #1597
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If you can't get POFQ I HIGHLY recommend POR! In fact, I gave up a FD offer a few weeks back for POR. If for some reason I couldn't get FD at POR with this GP offer ( highly unlikely) them I'd give up FD again. That's how much I love POR! Like a pp said, they are sister resorts so you can always walk over!
Old 07-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #1598
JenniD44
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicamouse View Post
Thanks for the info. But that just crushed my day . So confused as to why they'd include dates that would cover (potentially) Christmas, but eliminate the first week of December. I could just cry.
We were originally going to go over Thanksgiving, so arriving on Nov 23 and I moved it back to the 30th. Now it seems if we had kept Thanksgiving week we would have free had dining. Free dining for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but not the low crowd first week of December. Makes no sense.

I do have a lot more of this thread to read to catch up, so maybe this has been addressed.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #1599
maurihart
Mouseketeer

Free Dining DILEMMA....

I think my life was less complicated before the idea of free dining came along. We are booked at POR for Oct 14-19. This is not during free dining. I have been fine with this for a while because a) kids will miss less school due to Columbus Day and b) everything is booked and decided on and EASY. After I told DH about the possibility of free dining coming for the week after we have booked he said "YES! Let's switch!" Apparently it's better for his schedule to go OCt 21-26th anyway so I thought, ok, cool. I started booking some ADR's for that week (going quite well I might add) and started getting my head wrapped around the change in schedule. Here's my question - as a family of 5 we need to have POR as a mod resort, if I can't book there on August 1 (I do not have a DV so will have to wait) what should my second choice be? AoA seems fun but I won't save a single penny going that route and may actually end up spending a little more. Will any other deluxe resorts open up more rooms? I'm so confused about how it all works and I hate waiting. I think I'm driving myself crazy thinking about it! I could just keep what I have, but I think DH really wants to switch weeks now. IF they run out of FD availability do they still have rooms available at normal rackrate/no FD?

ME! 37 DH 42

DS (12) DD (9) DS (5)
maurihart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #1600
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

I have a couple of questions

1. Why does everyone think that they will run out of rooms the first day? The sept free dining is still available and its been up for awhile. I'm assuming its just panic but in case there's something I don't know I want to be prepared.

2. Instead of calling can you book online? If so what time would it be active? Midnight on the 1st? Time zone?

3. If you have an existing reservation are you able to edit it online?

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #1601
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyr View Post
I have a couple of questions

1. Why does everyone think that they will run out of rooms the first day? The sept free dining is still available and its been up for awhile. I'm assuming its just panic but in case there's something I don't know I want to be prepared.

2. Instead of calling can you book online? If so what time would it be active? Midnight on the 1st? Time zone?

3. If you have an existing reservation are you able to edit it online?

Thanks!
1. It's the panic mode of everyone worried about wait times. Then when they're on hold for an hour, it gives the appearance that there are thousands of callers on the lines...which isn't the case. It happens every time, and every time there's always plenty of rooms available weeks or months later.

2. You can't book online for the early visa offer, that has to be done on the phone. On the public offer you can book online once they have it posted. However, the website can slow to a standstill, and its already incredibly slow to begin with.

3. Existing reservations have to call and have it modified. They have to wait on hold just like a new reservation and don't stand any better or worse chance of getting free dining than a new reservation...which is why it makes no sense to book early.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #1602
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:

1. It's the panic mode of everyone worried about wait times. Then when they're on hold for an hour, it gives the appearance that there are thousands of callers on the lines...which isn't the case. It happens every time, and every time there's always plenty of rooms available weeks or months later.

2. You can't book online for the early visa offer, that has to be done on the phone. On the public offer you can book online once they have it posted. However, the website can slow to a standstill, and its already incredibly slow to begin with.

3. Existing reservations have to call and have it modified. They have to wait on hold just like a new reservation and don't stand any better or worse chance of getting free dining than a new reservation...which is why it makes no sense to book early.
1. Ok that's what I thought - thanks

2. I'm in Canada so would rather have the website slow on my browser while at work than have a long distance charge for an hour! I think I'll try the website route.

3. I have an existing room only reservation so if I wanted to book a new reservation and then cancel the current one I could do it all online right? I don't mind paying a second deposit and waiting for a refund on the other if it saves me time and hassle of waiting on the phone.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #1603
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyr View Post
1. Ok that's what I thought - thanks

2. I'm in Canada so would rather have the website slow on my browser while at work than have a long distance charge for an hour! I think I'll try the website route.

3. I have an existing room only reservation so if I wanted to book a new reservation and then cancel the current one I could do it all online right? I don't mind paying a second deposit and waiting for a refund on the other if it saves me time and hassle of waiting on the phone.
Yes, you could make a new reservation online and then cancel your room only ressie. Remember that you won't be able to book it with FD until Disney has posted it on their website (usually a few hours or so after phone lines open at 7:00 am eastern time).

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #1604
Original
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I disagree. I've done it both ways, and there is a clear advantage to NOT having to give all of your travel information during the rush. Here's why.

1. My call has been dropped before. The shorter the call, the better! When you give your confirmation number and ask for FD, it is MUCH faster. The CM will just click a few keys and it's done.

2. On at least one occasion, the availability has changed WHILE I was giving all of the kids names, ages, adults names, special occasions, dates, location, blah blah blah. With a confirmation, you are in and out!

However, I do agree that the actual chance of getting one of the slots doesn’t change much…. unless you are stuck on the call with a slow CM or your call gets dropped giving all of the info.
Original is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #1605
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Our vacation is planned from 10/14-10/26. We were planning on staying for 1 wk at mom's timeshare, but availability @ TS has decreased significantly. So instead, we are now looking at a split stay on property for the full stay. Revised thoughts are 10/14-10/18 resort TBD (friend is a cast member working on RO discount that is very attractive), and then 10/18-10/26 at AoA-cars room, currently reserved, but I know we will need to reconfirm availability once FD is available. I know this has been asked several times before, but when we call, Disney CM always say park passes can't be picked before you check into your room. I know there was a link to a site that says park passes can be picked up three days prior to checking into your room that has the package (so in this case, we could pick up three days prior to 10/18, which is Tuesday 10/15). Can someone reconfirm that my thinking is correct? We already have BBB and CRT booked on 10/15 that I would hate to give up, or have to spend the extra $ on a single day park pass to make it happen. I don't want to be surprised when we get there since we have already paid for CRT!

Copied from another thread as we didn't get a response.

Thx terry and Corey
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Twin Dad is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: